Post-Game Talk: PS #5 - 09/26/18 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
good breakout by fish...once barzal gets wound up ike that a grade a scoring chance is gonna commence

effen

Feb 3, 2018
People are crapping on them for talent reasons, but a Trotz team is gonna be on proper position most of the time, and they all look fairly big and fast.

If they structure holds, they'll look good. Whether they'll be good or not is another question.
To follow up, looks like they play 1-1-3 in the neutral zone to slow, and the wingers have orders to charge the points if the attacking team can retrieve the puck and get it back to the D.

If they can break it up on the first attempt in each facet (neutral zone, initial dump in, back pass) they'll look really strong and frustrating. If you can weather it and maintain control they'll tire quickly and spend shift after shift in their own zone "pressuring" but not really getting the puck out and eventually break down.

Strong but brittle. Kinda the opposite of the Rangers gumby style defense of years past.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When I hear the name Fritz, I instinctively assume it's Mitch Fritz.

I also remember we briefly had a Pelech in the system. Unless I'm remembering one of the other ones, he was ugly and looked like a brontosaurus or something.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Corsi against

McQuaid 4
Skjei 3
Crawley 1
Pionk 2
Shattenkirk 9
Staal 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad