GDT: PS #4 | "The Tussle of Alberta" | Oilers vs. Flames | 9.20.19 | 7:00PM | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
they basically gave up because of it. EDM has been there many times over the years. lol
And before giving up, you see the change in defensive posturing, the will to fight for a puck is gone because you;re scared of being half a step out of position, and suddenly you're swimming in the zone and just exhausted.

Very quickly makes your game a fire drill.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
@ManitobaKid @Davo Ikinzom @McHockeyfan91

Regarding Nurse's contract back in 2017 and it's possibility. There are some posters here that had it right, there are some that had it entirely wrong. Simple as that. And don't tell me about how we can't discuss contracts cause "NO ONE KNOWS WHAT A PLAYER WILL SIGN DURRRRRR SO STOP TALKING ABOUT." If that was the case 80% of the discussion on these boards should be shut down cause "DURRRR NO ONE KNWOS WHHAT A PLAYER WILL DO OBVIUOUSLY HOW DO WE KNOW BRANDON MANNING WOULD ACCEPT A 4Mx8Year DEAL RIGHT NOW? It's IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW"

Well if it's so impossible to speculate on what a Player might accept as a contract given his current level of play then this whole discussion back in 2017 and everyone involved we just wasting their time and the thread should have been locked right:

3.75M x 8 years. He's not quite as good as Klef or Larsson yet and those guys are making 4.25M/yr

I think those guys make 4.167 and I would be fine giving that same number to Nurse over an 8 year contract. I feel that Nurse has shown just as much potential as Klefbom when he signed his deal. At the time of that signing we didn't know that Klefbom would be this good and we were paying for potential.

Not quite is an understatement. He's not close to either of them. Still very early in his career though of course. I wouldn't think about a contract extension until we see how he contributes next season.

If he builds on this season into next year then we can talk about such a lengthy extension I think.

Id love to lock up Nurse asap long term. In a bit of a gamble deal ala Klefbom deal

Maybe 7 years * 4 million

Both Nurse and Benning have another year to prove themselves. If Nurse outplays Klefbom then he will get his 4M. If Benning earns a 4M contract after next year then he would surely be our answer at #4.
Bridge deal would surely be better route considering the number of RFAs we have to sign in 2 yrs.

Right now I'm a little tempted to give Nurse the Klefbom deal, but the season (and hopefully more) isn't even over yet

I hope he proves himself for his age and we lock him in long term

3-4 mill is fine by me especially if he develops and can really become the player we hope him to be. Then it'll be great value.

Yup. I say we lock up Nurse right away. Long term at anything in the 3-4M range would be perfect.

I consider Nurse to be a big part of this team's core going forward. You should not be afraid to lock up such a player to a good long term deal asap

Nurse is playing bottom-pairing minutes and scoring at a 19-point pace and people want him to be signed for 4m+? Yikes.

How about we see if he can hack it in the top-4 or put up 20+ points?

I wouldn't worry about Nurse's next contract until June 2018. If his 2017-18 year is good enough for him to earn more than Klefbom then the Oilers should be busy in the spring.

Too early to discuss an extension for Nurse IMO, lets see how he looks next year. So far he really hasn't proven much.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nuge looks pretty confident out there. I really feel like our little Nuge is all fully grown up now. Took a long time, but it happened.

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
they basically gave up because of it. EDM has been there many times over the years. lol

It’s hard to understate how deflating it is to let in the first goal on the first shot over and over again. Constantly playing catch-up.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Regarding Nurse's contract back in 2017 and it's possibility. There are some posters here that had it right, there are some that had it entirely wrong. Simple as that. And don't tell me about how we can't discuss contracts cause "NO ONE KNOWS WHAT A PLAYER WILL SIGN DURRRRRR SO STOP TALKING ABOUT." If that was the case 80% of the discussion on these boards should be shut down cause "DURRRR NO ONE KNWOS WHHAT A PLAYER WILL DO OBVIUOUSLY HOW DO WE KNOW BRANDON MANNING WOULD ACCEPT A 4Mx8Year DEAL RIGHT NOW? It's IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW"

Well if it's so impossible to speculate on what a Player might accept as a contract given his current level of play then this whole discussion back in 2017 and everyone involved we just wasting their time and the thread should have been locked right:
You’re talking in absolutes like it’s a no brainer he would of signed...

Is it great if we signed him to that? Absolutely.

You’re in here throwing your shoulder out while you pat yourself on the back like it woulda been a done deal.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Bouchard and Lagesson might both be heading down... not that they are bad... just that they haven't stood out that much positively.
Lagesson had the bad pinch to give up the odd man rush on the one flames goal but he’s been solid at times.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

You're still going? I honestly didn't read any of that, I don't really care man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad