GDT: PS #2 / “Preseason Roadkill” - Oilers @ Canucks / Sept 17 / 8:00 PM Mountain

Oilers send their Bakersfield team or their Wichita team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
There's inanimate objects that move the puck better than Benning.
To start last season, literally every goal scored against you just look and find benning somewhere he shouldn’t be. He improved as the year went but Sekera helped that. I think he ends up as the 7 this season

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Little pump up for the guy Im excited to see. My only concern with Sammy is his skating, we'll see if he can keep up.

Samorukov is my favorite prospect, still think he needs 2 years Ahl though. Gotta improve his skating aswell as his timing on his big hits which almost go hand in hand.

But if everything goes well samorukov can be our Kronwall on a stacked D corps in a few years.

Reactions: Raab

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Manning couldnt even make our AHL defense last year. How on earth will he come close to making our NHL team.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not much of a lineup tonight and I suspect last chance for several of the bubble prospect forwards who are essentially producing nothing.

Strong statement can be made that the vets, Nuge, Neal, Gagner have staked out their turf and are the 2nd line moving forward. This leaves the prospects to battle for bottomsix positions but we have several vets now to fill those spots.

As much as people want to comment on two Benson passes last night the guy has done next to nothing in 3 games and not impressing at all. On one of his passes to Russel he could have moved right in on net, all kinds of time and space and he telegraphs the pass.

Still not getting Benson hype here.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Manning will likely have a burr in his ass because he's playing for his NHL career... I expect him and Bear to have a solid game because they both need to bring it as other dmen are clearly ahead of them on the depth charts.

I don't agree that Manning is better than Benning/Russell but I do think he's likely realized he's got both feet out the door and if he wants to be an option as a #7D (and have a chance at another NHL contract with another team in the future)... he has to bust his ass and look decent or else he likely heads overseas for his next contract after being buried as a #7 in the AHL this year.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Benson - McLeod - Hebig
Gambardella - Malone - Peluso
Granlund - Cave - P Russell
Jurco - Marody - Currie

Nurse - Larsson
Samorukov - Bouchard
Manning - Bear

Starrett

VS

Ferland - Petterson - Boucher
Goldobin - Gaudette - Ferraro
Pearson - Sutter - MacEwan
Arseneau - Graovac - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Biega
Sautner - Chatfield

Demko​

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Manning will likely have a burr in his ass because he's playing for his NHL career... I expect him and Bear to have a solid game because they both need to bring it as other dmen are clearly ahead of them on the depth charts.

I don't agree that Manning is better than Benning/Russell but I do think he's likely realized he's got both feet out the door and if he wants to be an option as a #7D (and have a chance at another NHL contract with another team in the future)... he has to bust his ass and look decent or else he likely heads overseas for his next contract after being buried as a #7 in the AHL this year.

Maybe this is the new Oiler mojo. You hurt McDavid, we'll trade for you, bury you and end your career.

I'm looking at you, Giordano. Watch out!!

Reactions: harpoon and Faelko

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not much of a lineup tonight and I suspect last chance for several of the bubble prospect forwards who are essentially producing nothing.

Strong statement can be made that the vets, Nuge, Neal, Gagner have staked out their turf and are the 2nd line moving forward. This leaves the prospects to battle for bottomsix positions but we have several vets now to fill those spots.

As much as people want to comment on two Benson passes last night the guy has done next to nothing in 3 games and not impressing at all. On one of his passes to Russel he could have moved right in on net, all kinds of time and space and he telegraphs the pass.

Still not getting Benson hype here.
I hope gagner isn't on that second line.

Benson has to do much better this game to even have a chance of making the NHL roster on opening day. I see him as AHL/first or second call up with how he's played.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Benson - McLeod - Hebig
Jurco - Marody - Currie

Nurse - Larsson
Samorukov - Bouchard
Manning - Bear

Starrett

VS

Ferland - Petterson - Boucher
Goldobin - Gaudette - Ferraro
Pearson - Sutter - MacEwan
Arseneau - Graovac - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Biega
Sautner - Chatfield

Demko​
I predict 8-1 vancouver.

That's pretty much Vancouvers NHL roster.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Benson - McLeod - Hebig
Jurco - Marody - Currie

Nurse - Larsson
Samorukov - Bouchard
Manning - Bear

Starrett

VS