3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Devils board think we are celebrating the Stanley cup here, but it was unexpected and we were behind the whole game is difficult in hockey so to win it in OT felt really good! :)

- Lias
- Buch
- Fast

All three had a huge game, but it was a team win and many others contributed as well!

I know the Rangers are going to suck. The dirty secret for the Devils board is that so will the Devils.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
How about that simple game plan? It was refreshing to see. Very rarely did you see a defenseman chasing forwards out to the blue line or players going backwards in the defensive zone when gaining control of the puck. Get control and move forward... simple... effective.

Reactions: Graves94

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Haven't drafted one since Sather took over as GM. Let's hope that streak ends this season.
It could happen this season and I like to stay optimistic.. Anyway when is our next pre season game?

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
The Devils board think we are celebrating the Stanley cup here, but it was unexpected and we were behind the whole game is difficult in hockey so to win it in OT felt really good! :)

- Lias
- Buch
- Fast

All three had a huge game, but it was a team win and many others contributed as well!
Who cares what Devils fans think? Even though pre-season means nothing, we get excited that certain players performed. They're going to be salty because they're boys are playing 2 games in split squad and going to lose both. Kotkaniemi just sealed their fate in the other game.

Devils fans are in for a shock if they think they're a playoff team this season. Only if Hall has another MVP season.

Reactions: GordonGecko and Ori

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
chadandersson.png

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully Nieves is okay. That might have been an accident but Gryba has a history of high hits. He's a dumb f*** and even though I think it was more of an accident---leading with your head is proof of it.

Goaltending was pretty good from both Georgiev and Mazanec.

I think Pionk struggled for the first half of the game and Lindgren playing his first real NHL game kind of felt his way through the first period. The other guys all looked pretty good throughout and Pionk and Lindgren got better as the game went along. I liked Claesson (apart from his losing his feet the one time in the 3rd period) and O'Gara throughout. Overall in the war between Pionk and DeAngelo I think Tony was edging Pionk and then Pionk gets the game winner so.........we're back to even. But really I wasn't pissed at any of them.

As far as the forwards no one was a disaster there either. Lias Andersson was the outstanding player of the game--at least for me though. Buchnevich and Fast come after him. Hayes and Kreider played well. I wasn't pissed at anyone here either. I actually liked Gettinger--not that I think he's ready for the NHL but he played a smart, heads up game--got in on the forecheck for a few hits and even had a shot or two. Fogarty didn't play badly either. Pretty much I though everyone did okay.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Admittedly I wasn't paying as much attention as I'd have liked to, Emmys, but there was a sequence during the first period that really caught my eye. The puck was behind the Rangers net, and instead of being another idiot chasing it, Claesson held his ground in front of the net, and was visibly directing traffic.

So. After one preseason game, I can say, Quinn > AV.

That is all.

member 116805

Not gonna lie, Kreider stunk. Disappointed. Was sure he would come out with fire.

Btw: worship me, im a hall of famer

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I know lots of people want to keep the kids in the minors this year, but if this game is an accurate representation of Lias, it'll very hard to do that. Him and Fast seem like they'd be a huge pain together.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad