Prust - Pleky - Gionta our new third line?

Maelpj*

Is this line our new shutdown line? They play great defensively, but if we had to score a goal to stay in a game, this would be the 3rd line I would put on the ice.

Pac - DD - Gally and Ryder - Eller - galchenyuk are obviously our to best offensive lines.

5 games streak without a point for Pleky.
Empty goal tonight for Gionta was his first point in 6 games.
As much as Prust is doing the job he is asked perfectly, 1 assist in the last 5 game for him.

Still, Prust is +5 on the last 5 game. Pleky +3 in the last 6.Gionta is even(+0) in the last 6 game. Nothing bad to say about their defensive game.

Will Ryder get a shot with Pleky?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I like how well Prust works on any line but still people want to shove him to the fourth line and give him limited minutes.

Maelpj*

I like how well Prust works on any line but still people want to shove him to the fourth line and give him limited minutes.

Nobody wants to "shove him" on the fourth line because of his game

Only problem is that there is no place for him on the 3 top line when the whole team is healthy ( and it's a good one ), , Our top 8 foward are:

Pac, DD,Gally, Bourque, Plekanec,Galchy,Eller,Ryder

So there is one spot left on the Top9.. And we all know Gionta is never gonna be downgraded to the 4th line. So Prust spot in on the 4th line

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
lol no.

Everything will go back to normal when Bourque comes back.

New lines will probably be:

Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder
Max-DD-Gallagher
Gally-Eller-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen/Armstrong

Maelpj*

lol no.

Everything will go back to normal when Bourque comes back.

New lines will probably be:

Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder
Max-DD-Gallagher
Gally-Eller-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen/Armstrong

Why mention Bourque? I'm talking about right now.

Pac - DD - Gally
Ryder - Eller - Chucky
Prust - Pleky - Gionta
Moen - White - Armstrong

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The best player on the team is not on the third line. Sorry.

People need to stop thinking about this by numbering lines, especially since Therrien clearly does not.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Pac - DD - Gally
Ryder - Eller - Chucky
Prust - Pleky - Gionta
Moen - White - Armstrong

You think the Prust-Plekanec-Gionta will last forever... or let's say 5 games? You think Therrien will decide to make that line a 12M$ checking line?

All of them are good defensively, that's great but Plekanec and Gionta are still offensive players and the coach will expect them to produce offensively, he won't ask them to become a checking line and like No team neeeded says, there's no more 1st, 2nd and third line anymore, all of them are expected and capable to produce offensively.

Maelpj*

The best player on the team is not on the third line. Sorry.

People need to stop thinking about this by numbering lines, especially since Therrien clearly does not.

If you need a big goal on the last 5 minutes of the games, beside the DD line, which line do you choose? Ryder-Eller-Galchy or Prust-Pleky-Gionta?

Maelpj*

You think the Prust-Plekanec-Gionta will last forever... or let's say 5 games? You think Therrien will decide to make that line a 12M$ checking line?

All of them are good defensively, that's great but Plekanec and Gionta are still offensive players and the coach will expect them to produce offensively, he won't ask them to become a checking line and like No team neeeded says, there's no more 1st, 2nd and third line anymore, all of them are expected and capable to produce offensively.

I'm far from thinking they would last forever. I'm saying this line, while Bourque is injured, will be our third line.

Read my thread till the end. I asked if Ryder could get a shot with Pleky? Which means I think Plek need a better winger to help us offensively.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
People get too wrapped up in line rankings.

Pleks line's job is the same as it was before Bourque went down. They just lost some offensive efficiency in losing Bourque for Prust.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I really don't know of our top 3 lines which is which number wise to be honest. All I know is I love Prust in the top 9.

More and more I hope we can find a way to trade Gionta for a pick. I guess there's no need to rush a trade since we're doing well and injuries can happen at any time but he needs to do a lot more than what he's doing.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Pac - DD - Gally
Ryder - Eller - Chucky
Prust - Pleky - Gionta
Moen - White - Armstrong

Why mention Bourque? Lol. He could be back this weekend for all we know. You've made a thread about a temporary line. Moen-White-Prust will probably be the 4th line for a while until somebody gets injured.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's been tru for awhile now that teams who have strong 3rd lines win a lot more games. The fact we can't distinguish who Montreal
s 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines are are the reason we're tops in the conference. Opposing teams can't decide either and so can't match up as any one of those lines can be the dominant line on any given night.

It's nice winning again.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Is this line our new shutdown line? They play great defensively, but if we had to score a goal to stay in a game, this would be the 3rd line I would put on the ice.

Pac - DD - Gally and Ryder - Eller - galchenyuk are obviously our to best offensive lines.

5 games streak without a point for Pleky.
Empty goal tonight for Gionta was his first point in 6 games.
As much as Prust is doing the job he is asked perfectly, 1 assist in the last 5 game for him.

Still, Prust is +5 on the last 5 game. Pleky +3 in the last 6.Gionta is even(+0) in the last 6 game. Nothing bad to say about their defensive game.

Will Ryder get a shot with Pleky?

Hopefully the pseudo ENG gets Gionta going like the Ward bungle got Pacioretty going. If not give Ryder a try there. That line really misses Bourque, anybody questionning his value this year only has to look at their offense since he went out. Prust has a huge heart but he isn't a top 6 guy.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I still don't get how Prust gets to be our most used forward.
Played the most yesterday. Plekanec a close second.
If they are our third line, then the coach has a hard time showing it.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
I still don't get how Prust gets to be our most used forward.
Played the most yesterday. Plekanec a close second.
If they are our third line, then the coach has a hard time showing it.

well last game, is probably to try and counter Carlyle playing Orr for 15 min of TOI :amazed:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
well last game, is probably to try and counter Carlyle playing Orr for 15 min of TOI :amazed:

Two games ago he played 18:23..

Carlyle was a moron. His strategy was to goon us away. He was lucky it was even a close game until the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad