Pre-Game Talk: Provorov Preview Perhaps?

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I have no interest in Provorov really.

He’s struggled quite a bit with the #1 role in Philly since getting moved up. He probably wouldn’t be expected to be the 1LD here, but paying $6.8M for another 3 years of a 2LD is a bit of a sore spot.

And then there’s the off-ice stuff.

Either way, Philly will be high on him and if he’s available it’ll be a similar ask to AZ for Chychrun who’s also making less money.

Reactions: Gunnersaurus Rex

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Honestly I dont think it is about having a D come in and take the 1D position away from Nurse (who isnt a true 1D in my opinion). We need a guy who is close enough that we can roll out there as Nurse is 4th in Even Strength TOI in the NHL this season. If we could strip a minute or two off of that and allocate that to an equally or almost as competent Dman to have a D pairing time breakdown of approximately 22mins/21 mins/17mins that would be ideal to me.

Or alternatively you heavy shelter Broberg/Bouchard and keep Nurse close to his 24 minutes and deploy our second pairing out there at like 23 minutes depending on the situation.

Basically we could roll a solid D who is a #2 out there for most of the game that way (I view Chych/Prov as a #2 type).

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Campbell has started 8 of the last 10.

Before Campbell's atrocious start the concern was overplaying him. Now that Campbell is playing better that isn't a reason to over play him.

Agreed. Skinner was overplayed in the first half of the season and now that Campbell seems to be playing well they should be splitting starts.

Reactions: Harry Curry

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Gonna have to work hard tonight. Flyers won’t lie down.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Had to post a tweet from Philly media because our Edmonton media are all eating Philly Cheesesteaks.

Let’s hope that glove is fixed! If the flyers do any scouting at all they will know to shoot glove (just like they did to Talbot/Kosko/Campbell(before he fixed it))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad