GDT: Providence Bruins (@) Worcester Sharks; 7:00 at the DCU Center ; (12-8-12)

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Providence Bruins (1) vs Worcester Sharks (-)
() are points out of eight in conference

Providence Bruins: (away: 5-4-0-0)

10-8-0-2 22pts. 4th in Atlantic Division

Worcester Sharks: (home: 5-4-1-0)

11-8-1-1 24pts. 1st in Atlantic Division.

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

Date | Opponent | Result

Dec. 3 | Worcester | 3-2 | (so)L
Dec. 7 | Manchester | 3-2 | L
||
Dec. 9 | Adirondack | 4:05 |
Dec. 8 | Springfield | 7:05 |

All Time Regular Season Mettings:

The Bruins are 18-13-2 all time at Worcester

Previous Meetings This Season:

3 Worcester @ Providence 2
4 Worcester @ Providence 3 (SO)
3 Worcester @ Providence 2 (SO)

Team Stat Comparison

Providence | | Worcester

Goals

47 | | 60

Goals Against

57 | | 65

Power Play Goals

15 | | 18

Power Play Goals Allowed

19 | | 19

Power Play Rank

17 | | 14

Penalty Kill Rank

26 | | 25

HPP Rank

APP Rank

11 | | -

HPK Rank

APK Rank

25 | | -

Goals For Rank

28 | | 2 way tie for 17

Goals Against Rank

8 | |5 way tie for 18

PIM

372 | | 503

Ovrall OT Record

0-0 | | 1-1

Ovrall S/O Record

2-2 | | 4-1

Last 10 Games

6-2-0-2 (W1) | | 6-4-0-0 (W2)

Fighting Majors

24 | | 29

Player Stats

Providence ||| Worcester|

Goals

Jamie Tardif | 7 | | Tim Kennedy | 11

Assists

Chris Bourque | 13 | | Tim Kennedy | 12

Chris Bourque | 15 | | Tim Kennedy| 23

PP

4 tied at | 3 | | Bracken Kearns | 5

SH

all tied at | 0 | | Yanni Gourde | 1

PIM

Bobby Robbins | 108 | | Matt Pelech | 87

SOG

Chris Bourque | 64 | | Matt Irwin | 55

+/-

Alden Hirschfeld | +6 | | Tim Kennedy | +5

Fighting Majors

Bobby Robbins | 14 | | Matt Pelech | 5

Goalie Stats:

Providence

GOALIE| RECORD| GP| TGA| GAA| SO| SV| SV%

Niklas Svedburg | 3-4-1| 15| 34| 2.36| 1| 398| 0.921
Michael Hutchinson | 1-4-1| 7| 19| 3.23| 0| 129| 0.872

Worcester

Alex Stalock | 8-5-1| 14| 36| 2.62| 1| 370| 0.911
Harri Sateri | 3-5-0| 8| 26| 3.39| 0| 215| 0.892

The referee for tonight's game is:

Ryan Fraser

The linesman:

Chris Millea and Bob Paquette

Other Atlantic Division Games:

Portland @ W/B-Scranton

Springfield @ St. John's

Connecticut @ Manchester

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
from Mark Drivver twitter:

Hutch in the pipes tonite in Wor. as PBs try to continue recent roll -- 13 points in lst 9 games. Rest of lineup should be same as last nite

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Didn't get to see tonight's game, but its nice to see Hutch have another good game and perform perfectly in the shootout. Good for him--he's been criticized by many, including me, but he's stepped up over the past couple starts.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Didn't get to see tonight's game, but its nice to see Hutch have another good game and perform perfectly in the shootout. Good for him--he's been criticized by many, including me, but he's stepped up over the past couple starts.

fans are so quick to toss a player into the fire... the seasons only 21 games in. to me one of the only strengths providence has is its goaltending...

do they televise these ahl games in boston?

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
fans are so quick to toss a player into the fire... the seasons only 21 games in. to me one of the only strengths providence has is its goaltending...

do they televise these ahl games in boston?

ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .......No unfortunately NESN is just horrible

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
No stream up tonight, didn't get to watch... Good to see they got a win. :) Let's try to keep it up this time..

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .......No unfortunately NESN is just horrible

its all good i watched some sledge hockey tonight... was very entertaining... the canadians lost a close one to our neighbors... always tough to loose to usa :P but i like the sport... id watch it

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Good game by the PBs. They got outplayed most of the first two periods IMO and were on the wrong end physically too. They had a very good third and managed to take the SO.

Warsofsky did stick out tonight with his slick skating/puckhandling abilities. Definitely a plus game for him, and I know he's had more minuses than pluses so far. He did have one awful giveaway in the neutral zone though that fortunately didn't lead to anything.

MacDermid seems like he might be at some sort of stage where he's growing weary of the AHL? I'm not really sure. He played well, within himself, but as far as the physical aspect goes, he really had the look of someone who fought Frazer McLaren out of obligation rather than emotion. And he lost because of it. He did do a good job PKing though, and that plus the meat & potatoes game will get him to the NHL IMO. Mac had one giveaway tonight too that was atrocious; some weak backhand toss that was just the worst decision and almost lead to the winning goal but Hutch made the save.

Spooner's speed is something to watch live, but unfortunately he didn't get to display it too much. Worcester contained him very well. He's slick with the puck though and can beat almost anyone wide. He did get his chance on a breakaway from center though that brought everyone out of their seats. Great move by him but an even better save from Alex Stalock of the Sharks, who had a great game.

Cross was unspectacular, which is a good thing for a defenseman at this level. Seems like he's staying for the foreseeable future.

Max Sauve was a disappointment. He took a bump to the head in the first that was unintentional but given his history I thought it might have affected him. And when I couldn't remember seeing him after that I thought it had. Then he appeared to me on a shift in the middle of the 3rd and I was shocked. He'd been playing apparently but he must have been invisible. That is not a good sign. He did score the only goal in Rd.6 of the SO and was comically named first star of the game for it. Those stars should only be voted on by people who watched the whole game with a careful eye, not the final scoresheet. That actually upset me that he got that, lol.

Chris Bourque is a very good player at the AHL level, though I fear he might be something of a AAAA player, but until the NHL is back we'll probably never know. You can see the flashes of how (with albeit a much more talented Hershey team) he led the AHL in scoring. He's much better at the point on the PP than I imagined too.

That Providence PP, which has been maligned here and hasn't been what you'd call "great" did have a good night, save of course for scoring. They had some very good puck movement and some great chances but Stalock was on point during them. He was seeing the puck really well, and it took a deflection by Tardif on a point shot and a wicked shot coming down the slot from Bartkowski (that was reviewed it came out of the net so fast) to beat him, both ES.

Hutchinson did get the win, and I'm happy for the kid, but he is clearly the #2 goalie on this team right now. He has a knack for making easy saves look hard, and does not have very good rebound control. In comparison to Stalock, the two shots that beat him were a slot wrister that broke through his arm and a top-circle wrister that he waved at going by. He could have and probably should have stopped both of those. The two that beat Stalock would have beaten anybody. He gets scrambly when the puck gets in close or behind the net too. He;d got a lot to work on, but that's what the AHL is for. I'm sure he'll get better.

That's pretty much all I got, but it was a good win for the team, and they'll be back in Worcester in two weeks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Good game by the PBs. They got outplayed most of the first two periods IMO and were on the wrong end physically too. They had a very good third and managed to take the SO.

Warsofsky did stick out tonight with his slick skating/puckhandling abilities. Definitely a plus game for him, and I know he's had more minuses than pluses so far. He did have one awful giveaway in the neutral zone though that fortunately didn't lead to anything.

MacDermid seems like he might be at some sort of stage where he's growing weary of the AHL? I'm not really sure. He played well, within himself, but as far as the physical aspect goes, he really had the look of someone who fought Frazer McLaren out of obligation rather than emotion. And he lost because of it. He did do a good job PKing though, and that plus the meat & potatoes game will get him to the NHL IMO. Mac had one giveaway tonight too that was atrocious; some weak backhand toss that was just the worst decision and almost lead to the winning goal but Hutch made the save.

Spooner's speed is something to watch live, but unfortunately he didn't get to display it too much. Worcester contained him very well. He's slick with the puck though and can beat almost anyone wide. He did get his chance on a breakaway from center though that brought everyone out of their seats. Great move by him but an even better save from Alex Stalock of the Sharks, who had a great game.

Cross was unspectacular, which is a good thing for a defenseman at this level. Seems like he's staying for the foreseeable future.

Max Sauve was a disappointment. He took a bump to the head in the first that was unintentional but given his history I thought it might have affected him. And when I couldn't remember seeing him after that I thought it had. Then he appeared to me on a shift in the middle of the 3rd and I was shocked. He'd been playing apparently but he must have been invisible. That is not a good sign. He did score the only goal in Rd.6 of the SO and was comically named first star of the game for it. Those stars should only be voted on by people who watched the whole game with a careful eye, not the final scoresheet. That actually upset me that he got that, lol.

Chris Bourque is a very good player at the AHL level, though I fear he might be something of a AAAA player, but until the NHL is back we'll probably never know. You can see the flashes of how (with albeit a much more talented Hershey team) he led the AHL in scoring. He's much better at the point on the PP than I imagined too.

That Providence PP, which has been maligned here and hasn't been what you'd call "great" did have a good night, save of course for scoring. They had some very good puck movement and some great chances but Stalock was on point during them. He was seeing the puck really well, and it took a deflection by Tardif on a point shot and a wicked shot coming down the slot from Bartkowski (that was reviewed it came out of the net so fast) to beat him, both ES.

Hutchinson did get the win, and I'm happy for the kid, but he is clearly the #2 goalie on this team right now. He has a knack for making easy saves look hard, and does not have very good rebound control. In comparison to Stalock, the two shots that beat him were a slot wrister that broke through his arm and a top-circle wrister that he waved at going by. He could have and probably should have stopped both of those. The two that beat Stalock would have beaten anybody. He gets scrambly when the puck gets in close or behind the net too. He;d got a lot to work on, but that's what the AHL is for. I'm sure he'll get better.

That's pretty much all I got, but it was a good win for the team, and they'll be back in Worcester in two weeks.

Thanks for the post...great read... Looks like the demise of the Providence Bruins may have been premature ..

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's really too bad - they show Pawtucket and Portland baseball games during the summer, why not a P-Bruins game now and then? And of course now would be a perfect time to do so.

Seems like a real lost opportunity to me? Puzzling

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Seems like a real lost opportunity to me? Puzzling

Unfortunately the Bruins only own 20% of NESN... They don't have much opportunity to show them, but I agree, it's very much a lost opportunity.

Even once or twice a month, you don't think some die-hards would want to watch some hockey? From the streams I've watched they're actually pretty entertaining. I have to get down to Providence sometime to watch one if the lockout doesn't end.

Thanks for the recap BigBadBruin8, very well-thought out. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad