GDT: Providence Bruins Eliminated from the AHL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Great first period for the Bruins.

And AGAIN, after giving up the first goal. Seems like a poisoned gift to the opposition lol.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What a great great play/decision by Spooner on goal 4

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Dan,

Did Knight play in both games? How did he look? Love to see a young guy bringing it in the PO's in addition to the vets like Bourque and Tardif.

SYR up 2 game to none on SPR as well, Tyler Johnson tearing it up.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Knight not playing in game 2.

I've noticed Exelby takes some heat in these threads but IMO he had a great game 2. He made up for his mobility issues with good gap control and just sound positioning.
Caron... I guess he's trying to play a simple game but it sort of looks like he's going through the motions. Not much creativity there.

Line up was something like:

Bourque-Spooner-Tardif
Caron-Camper-Cunningham
Florek-Whitfield-Mink
Robins-Hanson-MacKinnon

Exelby-Krug
Cross-Warsofsky
Button-Trotman (was injured on a big hit. not sure if it was his own stick that caught him in a bad place or if there was a follow through to the head from the Pen player)

Marleau

Jul 18, 2006
Attleboro, MA
Knight not playing in game 2.

I've noticed Exelby takes some heat in these threads but IMO he had a great game 2. He made up for his mobility issues with good gap control and just sound positioning.
Caron... I guess he's trying to play a simple game but it sort of looks like he's going through the motions. Not much creativity there.

Line up was something like:

Bourque-Spooner-Tardif
Caron-Camper-Cunningham
Florek-Whitfield-Mink
Robins-Hanson-MacKinnon

Exelby-Krug
Cross-Warsofsky
Button-Trotman (was injured on a big hit. not sure if it was his own stick that caught him in a bad place or if there was a follow through to the head from the Pen player)

I was behind that net when his injury happened. It was a pretty vicious elbow/forearm to the head. Looked extremely dirty to me since he was blindsided on top of that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was behind that net when his injury happened. It was a pretty vicious elbow/forearm to the head. Looked extremely dirty to me since he was blindsided on top of that.

He was out for quite awhile with a concussion from a blow up hit by Colin McDonald of Bridgeport the last game before the players went up after the lockout. That would really suck if he got another that bad. Penguins sure looked pretty dirty lot if high hits amazing these knuckleheads all over hockey have so little regard for each other with constant high hits. Trotman was very woozy- who hit him there were a couple Pens who went late and/or high on several hits. If have pulled a 70's trick and brought my shaft up mouth level and let there teeth see how secure they are

Marleau

Jul 18, 2006
Attleboro, MA
PB's need Trotman with Bartkowski called up. I bet he's out at least the rest of the series, though. Dirty, dirty play. And you're right, this is one dirty team we're playing. Hope Bobby Robbins is ready to do some more work over the next however-many games in Pennsylvania.

All that said, it's been pretty great to watch the PB's resilience in situations where they're down or get scored on. A Providence - Syracuse matchup has the potential for an intense series.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
PB's need Trotman with Bartkowski called up. I bet he's out at least the rest of the series, though. Dirty, dirty play. And you're right, this is one dirty team we're playing. Hope Bobby Robbins is ready to do some more work over the next however-many games in Pennsylvania.

All that said, it's been pretty great to watch the PB's resilience in situations where they're down or get scored on. A Providence - Syracuse matchup has the potential for an intense series.

What are you saying?? Mario and the Pens organization employs players who don`t follow the rules of the game that maintain it`s integrity and respect??:sarcasm:

Hardly shocking

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dan,

Did Knight play in both games? How did he look? Love to see a young guy bringing it in the PO's in addition to the vets like Bourque and Tardif.

SYR up 2 game to none on SPR as well, Tyler Johnson tearing it up.

Knight did not play but I expect him playing in WB; my neighbors and others told me he looked pretty good to very solid, although one said lucky he didn't break his neck on that dive:laugh: (actually apparently not funny from those that saw it); Cassidy is not using that line all that much and I was at the Leafs game, but told he had a couple of rocking hits, played the PP well, and all good decisions.

anyways, loved one play where Tommy Cross took out former BC teammate Brian Dumoulin on a nice rush by the Pens defenseman late in the third- and give him what looked like a nice aggressive 'stay down' move at the end. I liked Cross a lot- skated way, way, way better than I remember and although I did not focus on him or really any Bruins because I was to busy watching the Penguins charging all over the ice- and also Dumoulin, I love this kid. I think he is going to be a top four easy. As much as I thought the Pens overall played like a bunch of cheap shot artists, they did have quite a few of BC players on that time who I like so it was a bit bittersweet.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Mark Divver:

Depleted on defense, P-Bruins definitely could use Colby Cohen vs. WB/Scranton, but he's having sports hernia surgery Tuesday, Colby hurt one side before Christmas, played with it through a lot of pain, then ripped other side in practice recently.

Trotman (head) unlikely for Wed. Not clear if Miller (upper body) will be ready. That leaves Krug, Exelby, Warsofsky, Cross, Button.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Horrible call Providence players thought he was getting tossed I can guarantee u not a dive; loud boos and announcers on line thought the call was BS plus loud smack when head hit boards

Thanks Dan, and good to hear. Looking forward to watching him in Boston soon.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks Dan, and good to hear. Looking forward to watching him in Boston soon.

I think Cassidy may have forwarded the hit to league offices he was so pissed off about it forget the dive call

as for the defense, if Boston loses tonight they may send Bartkowski back down- actually even if they win, if they avoid injuries they may send him back, the P Bruins can really use him

poor Trotman, cant figure out if he holds puck to long, leaves himself open, but he was getting slammed all through the game

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
I think Cassidy may have forwarded the hit to league offices he was so pissed off about it forget the dive call

as for the defense, if Boston loses tonight they may send Bartkowski back down- actually even if they win, if they avoid injuries they may send him back, the P Bruins can really use him

poor Trotman, cant figure out if he holds puck to long, leaves himself open, but he was getting slammed all through the game

Both coaches sent a video of a hit in the 1st game, (Bruins sent one of Mormina and the Pens sent a Robins hit they both thought should be looked at.) Neither got a any further discipline.

After game 2 Bruins coach sent a video of the Peters hit they have not received a notice either way so I don't think anything will come of it.

I'm nervous only 5 healthy defenseman and Miller with a rib injury. Hopefully Bartkowski can get down no matter what Boston does. Heck send Johnson (sp check) down for a conditioning stint.

This is Trotman's second known concussion of the year.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Mark Divver:

No suspension for WB/Scranton's Warren Peters for trucking Zach Trotman.

PBruins have been told. Trotman has been ruled out for series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad