Proud of this team

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Yeah, props to this team, they shouldn't have even been a playoff team, but they kept digging down, and should have rolled over and died against the Caps, but gave them a big scare

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Expected to be picking top 10 again this year, got an excellent 2nd half from the boys against all odds. 2 pct chance of making the playoffs after the all-star break from 9 points back. We squeaked in, and again were given no chance against the best team in the league. Couturier injury hurt us way too much. Giroux was given all his minutes and effectively neutered our only offensive talent. Regardless we still took one of the best teams in the league to 6 games and held their excellent offense to a very anemic amount of goals. So happy with this season. Some kids got playoff experience and our veterans got to taste it again after a long layoff. We'll be back next year, and even better.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
The team was practically in tatters with G and V shouldering lingering injuries.

The fact that we pushed it to 6 without Couts is just ridiculously satisfying, even if the games themselves were a nightmare.

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Same feeling! Great season! Was great to be around here on HFboards with you guys! We should be only excited for the next season(s) with our team. Looking forward for Hexy and his work in the off-season, and especially in draft.

I am sure that Giroux & Voracek will regroup and come real strong for the next season.

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Yes, having the last change and going with G's Top Line going head to head with Ovie's Top Line said a lot.

Bad year for Coots... much better ones ahead for sure.

Getting a better jump next Season, so as not to tax the Team so harshly down the Stretch... hopefully Special Team Coaching changes... new talented Prospects and hopefully some Free Agency Snipers and maybe Konecny to add Goals to a healhy Coots, Jake and G... greater maturity infused with some new blood... should all, if done correctly, help lead the O&B onward and upward.

Am I proud of this Team?... Damn straight I am... I stood up and cheered them for a nice Season and giving their all in the Game, Series as well as during the Season's Stretch... Not only am I and most of the Fan-Base proud, but I'd bet the farm that Mr. Snider is chirping Above about his Team... "See that? That's our boys battling the odds there, Keith, Fred, Gene, Barry, Pat... We'll get it next Year."

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Extremely proud of this bunch. To charge in from 9 points out at the All Star break is truly impressive. Patchwork team with a pretty hideous lineup on paper, but a great system by a first-year coach and some excellent goaltending allowed the guys to overachieve.

And really, that's a new feeling. As Flyers fans we've seen a lot of unbelievably deep rosters with big shiny names all over them just accomplish nothing. It was heartening to see this group break expectations. When we get the personnel together, we will be a very good team. Good coach, GM, core, goaltending and prospects. Once the depth comes along and the defense is of age, it's on. This year was a great first step and it was good to be back.

Jgboys1

Apr 28, 2012
Long Island New York
Same here. I like the way Hextall is running this franchise. He hired a great coach and is building through the draft and being very patient with our young guys.
The future definitely looks bright for us.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad