Proud of this team

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I didnt even think we would make the playoffs. Then we squeaked in and I thought damn, we have a chance.Then we dropped 3 straight and I thought well at least we made it here unlike Boston but I was pissed because every other series, every team had 1 win but us.Now we are 1 win away from Tying the #1 flipping seed in the entire league. Despite the Caps playoff history and all that, we EASILY could have lost in 4 straight. In fact, I predicted that.We were tired from the 3 straight back to backs to end the season. And just the push to make it wore the team out imo. Sometime, somehow ,and somewhere the team built a resolve. And NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS from here on out, Im happy. We may not get a favorable draft pick but the resolve of this team restored my faith in Hexy's plan. This theoretically is a REBUILDING YEAR. Hoping for the best. I hope some of you see it that way too no matter what!

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Agreed. I'm very happy with the resiliency of this group. They flat out don't quit on things.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
They've shown far more this playoffs than a team like the Rangers. The future is bright.

The Rangers have a lot of quitting depth and general crappiness. The Flyers are resilient beyond belief. Love that they don't give up. I'd love to see them storm out in Game 6 and win like they did vs. Wash in January.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Couldnt agree more.

I picked them to finish 9th in the Conference. They surpassed that.

I picked them to lose in 6 before the series, then reduced that to 5 when Couturier went down. They surpassed that.

The only thing that is keeping this series from being a complete success already was that ugliness in Game 3, but the last 2 games have helped erase that and I am extremely proud of this rag-tag group.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When MDZ got hurt, I thought we were done. When Couts got hurt in the reg. season, I thought we were toast for sure. Yet somehow we fought thru it.

I thought we would play the caps tough, but lose in 5. I thought 3 of the losses would be close and 1 blowout. But then Couts got hurt. I thought there was no way we could compete. Just too much depth on the Caps including a great goalie.

Yet here we are, getting to game 6. I hope we win, but really am at peace if we lose. We got more out of this team as a group than we should have based in our on paper lineup and injuries.

This year and playoff, was great for our continued climb up the standings.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
One can see an incredible maturation of this team after each PO game. They may not be the most physical or talented team in the NHL, but they are one of the few teams that refuse to foll over. Very proud to bea fan of this Flyers.

Viller

Mar 24, 2007
I didnt even think we would make the playoffs. Then we squeaked in and I thought damn, we have a chance.Then we dropped 3 straight and I thought well at least we made it here unlike Boston but I was pissed because every other series, every team had 1 win but us.Now we are 1 win away from Tying the #1 flipping seed in the entire league. Despite the Caps playoff history and all that, we EASILY could have lost in 4 straight. In fact, I predicted that.We were tired from the 3 straight back to backs to end the season. And just the push to make it wore the team out imo. Sometime, somehow ,and somewhere the team built a resolve. And NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS from here on out, Im happy. We may not get a favorable draft pick but the resolve of this team restored my faith in Hexy's plan. This theoretically is a REBUILDING YEAR. Hoping for the best. I hope some of you see it that way too no matter what!

Beyond any expectations I had at the start of the year. And we seem to have found a solid goalie to boot. Great rebuilding year.

Once Konecny, Provorov and Sanheim are on the squad, this is going to be a good team for a long time.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Proud of the players, and proud that management has put us further ahead to succeed next year then at the beginning of the year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The players have nothing left in the tank and they're still fighting. Hakstol has done damned well overall. There's little not to be proud of. I look forward to the future.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They just need to keep this same attitude when they have the skill to actually do something with it.

If they stay this resilient when there's actual depth, they'll be dangerous.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Patience is tough, but the future is bright. Now we get some playoff hockey to-boot, can't ask for much more at the moment.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
They just need to keep this same attitude when they have the skill to actually do something with it.

If they stay this resilient when there's actual depth, they'll be dangerous.

agreed....proud of this teams resiliency and effort but thats only going to get you so far...we need better talent at positions that are filled with mediocre players right now.

honestly believe that hextall will fill those holes. as has been stated, provy, konecny, sanheim etc. are obviously moving us in right direction...am still hoping and praying we can pull off something big in the draft.

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
I'm excited for the draft too. Another deep class. We'll get to see what Hexy has cooked up with the scouting department. They already got another goalie a few weeks ago so lets spin that wheel and go 7 7 7 s

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I was disheartened when they lost game 3 because i wanted them to win one for Mr. Snider. I had no expectations after Coots went out. I was really proud of them for winning game 4 at home. Did not expect another win, but that 44-11 win will stay with me forever. I still dont expect to tie it up, but it would show so much for this team to do it. Proud of them either way, i thought we had a shot at the playoffs but did not set that as my bar of expectation. No matter what, we're in a great place moving forward with at least half of the players on the team, the coach, and especially Hextall.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Whatever happens I'm super happy with this year. Admittedly I wasn't too excited going into this year. I thought they were destined for a top 10 pick. If you told me they'd be in this situation before the year I would have said that you're nuts.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
The Rangers have a lot of quitting depth and general crappiness. The Flyers are resilient beyond belief. Love that they don't give up. I'd love to see them storm out in Game 6 and win like they did vs. Wash in January.

Lundquist looks shot, four goals glove side high yesterday.

That said, Pens are a machine right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad