Prospects that you were 100% sure were busts that turned out pretty well?

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Didn't like Jonathan Drouin in his draft year. Thought he'd have a hard time playing his high flying style of play in the NHL and would bounce between the NHL and AHL before heading to Europe. Seems to have cemented himself as a decent top 6 winger (not a centre...)

Also didn't believe in Gaudreau like most people even after his Hobey Baker. Glad he proved me wrong, I look at size as much less of a disadvantage now. Depending on play style of course

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kesler, I knew he wasn't going to bust, but man was I wrong about him. didn't see him as anything more then a 3rd line checker.

Grabner, thought he be a career European player, turns out a 4 time 20 goal scorer. was wrong about him

Alex Burrows. after the 2007 season I thought he's just going to be a 4th line hard working guy who has speed to shadow other fast guys and throw his weight around and agitate.
scores 20 goals or more 5 times since then.

Kale Clague

Aug 7, 2018
Andrew Shaw, didn’t think his offense would translate to the rate is has (0.33-0.50 pts per game / season) considering he was passed over and his stats not being overly impressive (less than a pt per game in the O). Figured he was a mostly just a AHL guy that would get the odd call up or roll on the 4th line for his jam and wily demeanor. He’s a solid 3rd line C/RW

Jake Allen, pretty much just thought he was a big raw goalie that the Blues were hoping they could mold into a starter. I was opposed to that optimism and grew more pessimistic the longer he toiled in the AHL. Was I ever wrong.

Reilly Smith, accomplished college player that wouldn’t translate. Compete level, versatility and 2-way game has made his into a solid 2nd line complementary player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad