Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Kelowna lost again. Another one and it's possible that we see Foote make his debut soon.
I'm a Kelowna fan, but, unlike you, one who actually knows a thing or two about hockey from on ice experience at a high level. Unless something changes dramatically, this team will be playing golf in April. I'm not wishing for it, but, as has been noted here many times, it's not a switch you turn on and off. So, enjoy the attempted win tonight against a generationally bad defense, it doesn't mean a damn thing. What does mean something is that the PK can't stop a Jr A PP now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm a Kelowna fan, but, unlike you, one who actually knows a thing or two about hockey from on ice experience at a high level. Unless something changes dramatically, this team will be playing golf in April. I'm not wishing for it, but, as has been noted here many times, it's not a switch you turn on and off. So, enjoy the attempted win tonight against a generationally bad defense, it doesn't mean a damn thing. What does mean something is that the PK can't stop a Jr A PP now.

So let me get this straight. You're a Rockets fan, played hockey at a high level AND hold lifting records in every province but Nunavut? Where are you at bro? I swear I'll wipe the HF Boards floor with you! Meet me somewhere and we'll end this. Imma pump you!! You hear me??!!

GIMME YOUR ADDRESS!

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
So let me get this straight. You're a Rockets fan, played hockey at a high level AND hold lifting records in every province but Nunavut? Where are you at bro? I swear I'll wipe the HF Boards floor with you! Meet me somewhere and we'll end this. Imma pump you!! You hear me??!!

GIMME YOUR ADDRESS!
I'm a trash talking fan, but, unlike you, one who actually knows a thing or two about chirping at a high level. Unless something changes dramatically, your chirp game will be playing golf in May. I'm not wishing for it, but, as has been noted here many times, it's not a switch you turn on and off. So, enjoy a big chirp tonight against a generationally good trash talker, it doesn't mean a damn thing. What does mean something is that our PK can't stop an ECHL PP now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm a trash talking fan, but, unlike you, one who actually knows a thing or two about chirping at a high level. Unless something changes dramatically, your chirp game will be playing golf in May. I'm not wishing for it, but, as has been noted here many times, it's not a switch you turn on and off. So, enjoy a big chirp tonight against a generationally good trash talker, it doesn't mean a damn thing. What does mean something is that our PK can't stop an ECHL PP now.

We can end this right now meet me somewhere!!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lipanov looked good out there. He looked quick and fast, he didn't look small at all ... some of the reports that I had read were saying he was undersized. He looked about the same size as Stephens. He definitely didn't play a lot ... but he got some PP time on the Stamkos dot. He looked laser focused on the defensive end, his offense suffered a bit because of it. He passed his first test.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
How are the Crunch playing? Are they Calder Cup contenders? Probably not as good a team as last year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
How are the Crunch playing? Are they Calder Cup contenders? Probably not as good a team as last year.

They look very good and they are contenders but not favorites. They are missing Erne, Cirelli, Bournival, McBain, Domingue, and Thomas. And I haven't seen Yan nor Tammela play for a few games. So they are missing tons of firepower and they are still winning. They also have clinched the playoffs and sit comfortably with the third best record in the Eastern Conference. They'll be at home for the first round of the playoffs and then play the best team in the league: Toronto Marlies.

With a full lineup ... Crunch would be favorites to win it all this year. But with current state of the team, injuries, call-ups, etc. don't think we get out of second round. If they get Foote back that would be a huge plus with Kelowna being down 0 - 2 and heading on the road for games 3 and 4. Don't expect any other help coming down so hopefully they start getting healthy.

The only question mark I have is the PP as the goaltender issues have been corrected.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They definitely have been surprising with how young they are and now with callups and injuries depleting the lineup. If Foote does come earlier than expected he could fix that PP possibly. They'd have to tweak it a little because the way Foote plays it as more or a Weber type with the big heavy shot that scores, gets deflections or rebounds instead of the quick passing style it is now. He'd also shore up the top 4 with McBain and Thomas out. In reality it will be the goaltending that decides how far they go, I don't even think they settled on a #1 yet. They should get through the first round and if one of the two stands on their head they have a scrappy enough offense they can upset the Marlies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lineup Tonight vs Baby Devils:

Volkov - Dumont - Joseph
Archambault - Peca - Condra
Verhaeghe - Lynch - Walcott
Gallant - Lipanov - X

McNeil - McBain
Masin - Cernak
Bodie - PTO Dude #47
Spencer

Ingram

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
After the last few years it feels strange to see the Rockets down 3-0 so early in the playoffs like that

Doesn't help that Dube has been awful the first 3 games. Not sure how that kid was captain of the Canadian WJC team? It's been Foote and Lind trying to carry that team and Tri-City just has more weapons, plus the goaltending has been poor.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Well Kelowna lost last night. Foote on way to Syracuse! Woohoo .. so glad I get to see the kid play in the 'Cuse. I'll try to have a decent scouting report on him when I get to watch him ... hopefully this weekend.

Cernak / Foote / McBain is a really good right side of the defense. Hope Foote gets used to the AHL tempo quickly.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Solid. Extremely solid. Doesn't make mistakes, doesn't panic, he is tough around the net. Better than Dotchin and Sustr. Dotchin may have a harder / heavier shot. But surprisingly Cernak can get his shot through more often.

Wonder why we never gave him a shot considering our needs on the right side.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We've been carrying 8 D all season without anyone on D going out long-ish term to injury. Hard to make room for him in that situation.

Yea was just wondering why we gave Dotchin the nod over Cernak. From what Ive seen and heard Cernak is better than Dotchin. Did they just not see this in camp? We just seemed too set on putting Dotchin with Hedman.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yea was just wondering why we gave Dotchin the nod over Cernak. From what Ive seen and heard Cernak is better than Dotchin. Did they just not see this in camp? We just seemed too set on putting Dotchin with Hedman.
Waiver eligibility. Plus Dotchin played well last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad