Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...ski_starting_to_pack_some_punch_in_his_d.html
Witkowski disapproved of the way Hamlo hit Syracuse's Cedric Paquette. So Witkowski took matters into his own fists.

"The refs kind of stopped it early, too,'' Witkowski lamented. "I wasn't completely done.''

And what was left unfinished?

"He didn't hit the ice,'' Witkowski said. "That would have been nice.''
"Fights are going to happen if you are playing hard like that, and obviously sticking up for teammates,'' Witkowski said. "I don't always go looking for it, but the way I play my game, it's going to come to me this year.''
"I think he's starting to figure out when he plays with an edge, plays with jam, he's better in tune with the game, he moves the puck quicker, he defends better,'' Zettler said.
"It's a big adjustment to go from a college league to professional hockey,'' said Julien BriseBois, assistant general manager of the Lightning. "He has had some ups and downs, but we like his potential there. We like his compete level, we like his skating. Generally speaking, he's tough to play against.''

Witkowski said he thought he started the season pretty well, then hit something of a plateau. And he knows prospects who aren't moving forward are falling behind.

"I'd say I've gotten better at moving the puck quicker,'' Witkowski said. "I still have a ways to go. Guys (in the AHL) are all-around better. They get shots by you easier.''

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
One of the things the Crunch did in the past couple of years was build a winning culture. So much so that we were able to pretty much transplant the core of that team into the NHL. Unfortunately, that's something we're probably going to lose for a while. Hopefully Yzerman/Brisbois can restock them for next year, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of help in the crystal ball.

fitchjr1

Dec 24, 2006
Syracuse NY
The Crunch are getting flattened, 4 losses in a row, any idea what's going on?

Most of the veterans have been disappointing. There were some decent paper signings, but guys like Geoff Walker, Joey Mormina, etc. have been invisible at best (and that's being kind).

Also the defense misses Cote. The rest are very young or veterans that are playing awful..ie. Mormina.

Cooper might have had a shot at swinging a better season out of this group, but Zettler doesn't have it in him, imo. I'm just not a fan. The other night, a goal was given up partially because of an absolutely lazy play, and said player was back out there 2 shifts later. Players make mistakes, but laziness should never be tolerated. It seems neither the coaches nor vets make players take responsibility for anything this year.

There's a lot of talent on this team, but I see bad habits and in some cases, regression.

Just my personal opinions from the stands, though.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Syracuse Hockey ‏@syrhockey 1h

Here you go: Goalie Allen York loaned from SC of ECHL to Syracuse Crunch

Syracuse Hockey ‏@syrhockey 1h

BriseBois said York will not be in Utica for game tonight. He said goalies tonight will be Desjardins and Gudlevskis.

Syracuse Hockey ‏@syrhockey 29m

Can confirm Riku is physically in Syracuse, but in state of limbo as far as hockey

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Word is Riku was suspended for leaving Florida without permission. York looks to be the starting goalie for the Crunch with our mascot "Crunchman" dressing as backup. Go ahead and laugh, this actually happened a few times during the early years of the Crunch.
Loss to Utica makes 6 straight road losses. As I mentioned earlier, it is time for the team to play for pride and next year's contract. Two and a half months is plenty of time for some of the current players to break out of their slump and earn their pay with the organization for next year. As for the others, a team of Clydesdales could not help them out of the hole they made for themselves.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Word is Riku was suspended for leaving Florida without permission. York looks to be the starting goalie for the Crunch with our mascot "Crunchman" dressing as backup. Go ahead and laugh, this actually happened a few times during the early years of the Crunch.
Loss to Utica makes 6 straight road losses. As I mentioned earlier, it is time for the team to play for pride and next year's contract. Two and a half months is plenty of time for some of the current players to break out of their slump and earn their pay with the organization for next year. As for the others, a team of Clydesdales could not help them out of the hole they made for themselves.

Why not play for the now? What is going to come of next year? A few draft picks? I don't see us adding any substantial help to the team this upcoming season.

I think best case scenario you get Vasi and Erne.. Is he even old enough?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Why not play for the now? What is going to come of next year? A few draft picks? I don't see us adding any substantial help to the team this upcoming season.

I think best case scenario you get Vasi and Erne.. Is he even old enough?

End of junior season should see us adding about five guys to the roster, tbh.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
End of junior season should see us adding about five guys to the roster, tbh.

By that time it's too little too late. Season will be essentially over.

Erne isn't eligible next season, the only CHL forward is Ikonen. Suri most likely if he doesn't go back to Europe if he doesn't make the lightning.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
"Why not play for the now?"
The reasons is pretty easy for those of us who have watched the team this year.
Underachievers who were expected to produce from the go either haven't or took too long to accept their positions within the organization.
The lack of depth at the AHL/ECHL level has been exposed. The organization has plenty of young talent that have earned spots in Tampa, as well as a deep Junior/Europe system. unfortunately, the cupboard is pretty bare in Syracuse. Between the injuries and the call-ups, the Crunch have been icing a low tier AHL or upper tier ECHL level squad. Their record proves this.
Home play is terrible again this year. The Crunch played great on the road last year, and decent at home. At least until the Finals. This year, they started out decent on the road, but have yet to find the touch at home.
With a few exceptions, the Crunch teams have historically had a good year that they make they playoffs, followed by a bad year they do not. Then it is back to the playoffs, etc. This is a down year.
The organization needs to look no further than Binghamton for a perfect example. The year after they won the cup, they were HORRIBLE. The organization stood strong, and now are back towards the top of the league.
Crunch fans can live with the lousy season as long as the players make it appear they are giving an effort. With what we have seen at home this season to date, the effort is not there.

Correspondant

Jan 4, 2014
Finland/U.S.
Really weird this Riku business. Feels bad he's down. He's tough quy, champion 2011 in FEL, same year nominated all-stars in the league and a winner of Urpo Ylonen (goalie) trophy. Something's gone wrong.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Really weird this Riku business. Feels bad he's down. He's tough quy, champion 2011 in FEL, same year nominated all-stars in the league and a winner of Urpo Ylonen (goalie) trophy. Something's gone wrong.

The timing is the weirdest part. He would have known that he'd have at least three/four weeks of work with the Crunch with Kristers leaving for the Olympics, and the injuries would have meant he'd be up a few days sooner. He's obviously embarrassed about his ECHL stats, but why do this now, unless he'd already decided to bolt for Europe, which seems to be the only logical explanation?

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Did not watch the game but Allen York's stat line from yesterday's game is impressive, albeit just one game. I'd like to see him get some more games - he's only 24 years old.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
York played fine. First goal was weak from a bad angle; second one had more deflections than Obama at a Press Conference on the way in.
Crunch totally missed three open nets during play. Nice passing left two players who should have buried the puck missing badly on the three feeds.
Very chippy game, Norfolk is one of the dirtiest teams we have seen this year. There are only a couple of players left who wore Crunch colors when the Ducks were here, and I have no problem with them.
Exelby is a frigging joke as a Captain. His knee hunting should result is a serious beat down, but no one from the Crunch lifted a finger. He tried knee to knee twice and drew blood with two different high sticks but no calls.
Sauvé's fight with Richard was a result of an uncalled shoulder to the head of Angeledis in the first. Replays show clear intent well after the puck was played, so it is reviewable if the Crunch decides to do it.
Yonkman is a beast on defense if the player he is defending is a scorer or the size of Vladdy. Get someone who plays physical against him and he worse than a whining little brat. If he played tough against everyone he would be playing for the Ducks in the show. Unfortunately for him, his spot picking when to play physical will lead to him joining Mark Mancari with the title "Career Minor Leaguer".
Game was there for the Crunch to win, but failure to hit one of the three open nets in regulation cost the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Aside from the Crunch, things still look good in the system. Adam Wilcox had another shutout last night. Looks like he's going to force himself into some conversations. Turning himself into an asset, at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad