Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Johnsson with his 3rd goal in 2 games to open the scoring just now

edit: Or not, they give it to Froese, bad Marlies twitter

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
You mean Colin Smith can't do that? The guy had 56 points in the AHL last year as a 22 year old, including being stuck on a terrible San Antonio team for 2/3rds of it. Then he came to the Marlies and put up almost a PPG. I think he's fine to keep up with Johnsson and Rychel.

Our center depth is fine. Froese and Smith may be among the top in AHL scoring this year. Gauthier with Sosh and Kapanen as his consistent wingers should see good point totals, especially since his offensive game looks much improved. And then who really cares about who the 4C is; Laich can play there well if he's not called back up, or Cliché put up like 30 something points and is an excellent defensive player. Otherwise bring up Cameranesi, who can probably put up 30-40 points on the 4th line with Moore, Greening, Lindberg or Timashov himself.

The Marlies have more than 4 lines of legit winger prospects. The Goat is the only one being developed at center on this year's Marlies. The rest are vets and AHL contracts. The prospects should be getting favourable opportunity. If an AHL contract is playing on the 2nd line and one of those solid wingers are buried on the 4th line. That isn't ideal to me. Leipsic and Smith are both undersized and bring some intangibles and can play center and wing, I'd rather Leispic shift over so more of the Leafs better prospects can play up the lineup. Use Smith as a 4th liner and extra, as his contract indicates he is.

BeLeafer11

Jan 12, 2009
I was at the Marlies game yesterday and came away very impressed with Leipsic & Neilson.

Leipsic is involved in every play when he's on the ice, never slows down and drives the opposition crazy. With his high end skill, I don't see him not making the show as a 2nd/3rd winger and having a solid career.

Neilson, although obviously raw, always seems to make the right decisions. With his size, instincts and natural ability I'm finding it difficult to understand how he fell to 65?

So much fun to see a Marlies and Leafs game on the same day. 2 for 2 :D

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Neilson, although obviously raw, always seems to make the right decisions. With his size, instincts and natural ability I'm finding it difficult to understand how he fell to 65?

If i recall correctly, he was a year behind his peers in that during their rookie junior season, he was still in Midget? And then in their 2nd, his 1st junior year, his production wasn't astounding + raw abilities.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kapanen has a goal and an assist now. Hes looked good the first 2 games
Agreed, I'm starting to feel he could have a big year, and earn a full call up post deadline. The coaches are really challenging him. He's always had a ridiculous tool set, its just putting it all together and having a consistent compete.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Got to do some work for the Storm today and saw Bracco live. Absolutely dominated when he was on the ice. His skating is unreal, everyone in the building just sort of holds their breathe when he skates along the blue line. Very cool to see live.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Bracco up to 4th in OHL scoring now. 6 games played. The three other players ahead of him have 10, 10 and 8 games played.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Agreed, I'm starting to feel he could have a big year, and earn a full call up post deadline. The coaches are really challenging him. He's always had a ridiculous tool set, its just putting it all together and having a consistent compete.

Management were very happy with his play in the playoffs last year. He's carried that through pre-season & with the Marlies so far. Good speed on his goal today.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Marlies have more than 4 lines of legit winger prospects. The Goat is the only one being developed at center on this year's Marlies. The rest are vets and AHL contracts. The prospects should be getting favourable opportunity. If an AHL contract is playing on the 2nd line and one of those solid wingers are buried on the 4th line. That isn't ideal to me. Leipsic and Smith are both undersized and bring some intangibles and can play center and wing, I'd rather Leispic shift over so more of the Leafs better prospects can play up the lineup. Use Smith as a 4th liner and extra, as his contract indicates he is.

Who cares what contract they have. Smith is not a depth player, and he's not going to be used like one. Just like how none of the wing prospects will be used like one of they don't deserve it. There is a lot more rotation in the AHL than the NHL.

Leipsic had played center, but he's not going to be developed like one. The Leafs will never use him there. He should be on the wing. The Leafs will have more prospects coming in next year (Toninato and Brooks), by for now, the leadership group will be at center. That's fine, especially since some of those guys (Smith, Cameranesi,etc.) are still young enough to have a future with the team.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Dermott gets his first goal, Kapanen with his 3rd point on the night. Also love how we are beating up on Van's prized goalie prospect.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
When exactly did his last name change from Johnson to Johnsson? After years of calling him Johnson and being the son of Jonas Johnson and brother of Jonathan Johnson?

He corrected it about a couple months ago.
He said he was being teased by people back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad