Prospect Tournament Roster Released

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Mi casa es su casa again this year. If you're going to be in the area I'll buy you a beer and shit on you in corn hole.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He would have to sacrifice minutes to do that, though. So I’d rather have him play more minutes and play on his off side.

Especially if Bouchard doesn’t make Edmonton, then London would have both Bouchard and Boqvist on the right side.

Or perhaps London isn't the best fit long-term for him... There are guys that are moved around junior for that reason every year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, but do they still own a team where to trade Regula to get 1st pair minutes etc...

Osgood and Devellano are partners with the Spirit. I don't think it is false to say we can influence some of that. NHL teams if they want to be can be very influential in how a prospect is handled. I am not saying that is always good. But I am not sure I think it is in in the long-term interest of the Wings for Regula to spend another year manning the left point in London. If Bouchard is gone, I am less worried. But I want him playing on the right side if I am the Wings for these next two years. Evaluate him where you think he will be, waiting until Bouchard and Boqvist are gone next year might be late in that process and it might wind up with the kid not getting a contract.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hope Gogolev goes off and we offer him a contract. I still can't believe he went undrafted.

83rd in Tryamkin's rank.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/tryamkin’s-final-2018-draft-rankings-guide.291/

83. RW Pavel Gogolev - Peterbrough Petes, OHL

The Russian sniper Gogolev is part of the Petes dynamic duo, formed with himself and Semyon Der Arguchintsev. The pair carried the team on their backs, going off for multiple multi point nights, and Pavel had 47 points, 30 of which were goals. He's a dynamic offensive talent with a laser shot which he used to be the 3rd highest OHL scorer this year only behind Svechnikov and Dudas. Despite only having 17 assists, he's a good playmaker who can pick out a pass when in tough or transition well with decent vision. Very good skater who can control the puck well at high speeds and can be a game changer at times of need. Gogolev's biggest issues lie in his work ethic and consistency which can go hand in hand. Hopefully he can work a little harder and show up when he's needed on a more consistent basis.

Potential: Top 6 Winger / Middle 6 Winger
Possibility: Unlikely

117th in some statistics-based rank.

Russian-only prospects rank:

18. LW Pavel Gogolev (6'0", 168 lbs; Peterborough Petes, OHL)

Gogolev possesses some nice attacking tools: very good speed and hands, definitely can score those goals. It would be good if he could add a bit more consistency, intensity and physicality to his game though. Still you can't deny that the raw tools are definitely there.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
is it make sense to sign him to Toledo or GR so we can control his feature if he has one in NHL
His first OHL season he had 11 points in 53 games and second he got 47 points in 66 games , huge improvement. Is it because he played in first line or he is actively progressing ?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
is it make sense to sign him to Toledo or GR so we can control his feature if he has one in NHL
His first OHL season he had 11 points in 53 games and second he got 47 points in 66 games , huge improvement. Is it because he played in first line or he is actively progressing ?

No. Sign him for ELC and send back to juniors.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
6 of the 8 teams have announced their rosters
The Left Wing Lock

Score Board
DateGame 1Game 2Game 3Game 4
Sept. 7STL v CAR CHI v CBJ DAL v NYR DET v MIN
Sept. 8 CAR v CHI STL v CBJ MIN v NYR DAL v DET
Sept. 9No Games Scheduled
Sept. 10 MIN v DAL NYR v DET CBJ v CAR CHI v STL
Sept. 11 7th 5th 3rd 1st
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wonder who will be best goal and point producer . I think goals will be Zadina and Gogolev, points Veleno, Rus or Zadina

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm looking at the other rosters and I'm really intrigued by the Blues team. It looks really solid as well.

NYR has some top guys going as well.

Should be a damn good tournament!

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
^^ Mmmm that is not too bad. But we cant just sign every prospect ever. If we keep adding draft picks, we are going to need those extra contract spaces.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Game streaming from Malik: "The application can be accessed via the internet, downloaded for Apple, Amazon, Android and Windows devices, and works for just about everything else, but you have to sign up for a Fox Sports GO account (usually linked to your cable or satellite subscription) to access the streams."

https://www.foxsports.com/north/story/nhl-prospects-tournament-live-streams-minnesota-wild-090418
Hopefully someone streams it, I rid myself of cable many moons ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad