Prospect Tournament Roster Released

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Think we should sign this Gogolev kid... Had more goals than Hayton and Dellandrea this season in the OHL (not even an overager). He's fast and he can score.

Reactions: RedWingzz

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Think we should sign this Gogolev kid... Had more goals than Hayton and Dellandrea this season in the OHL (not even an overager). He's fast and he can score.

Had a nice season and I like his skills but slightly concerned about his skating and the way he stares at the puck when it's on his stick. Those two things really stand out to me any time I watch clips of him. Head up + improved skating could turn him into a very good FA signing.

Being able to control the puck under pressure with your head up is such a valuable skill for offensive player.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Had a nice season and I like his skills but slightly concerned about his skating and the way he stares at the puck when it's on his stick. Those two things really stand out to me any time I watch clips of him. Head up + improved skating could turn him into a very good FA signing.

Being able to control the puck under pressure with your head up is such a valuable skill for offensive player.

Are you referring to technique with the skating concerns? Because he is pretty speedy from what I have seen.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Thats the most stacked roster the wings have ever sent I would bet. They had a good team when Larkin, Mantha and Bertuzzi were all playing but I think Zadina Rasmussen Cholowski and a few others is even better. Cholowski, Saarjarvii and McIsac is probably the best D they've ever had too

David Pope is a guy people are sleeping on. Hes older but his last 2 seasons in the NCAA have been no joke.

Good amount of toughness in the lineup as well in Smith, Fraser, Zablocki and McIsaac plus Topping isnt a p***y either. Would be a really good tournament to go to this year

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Why no Berggren?

Or am I just blind and not seeing him there?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm hoping to see Holmstrom making some strides on his skating. If he's a shade quicker this year, he starts becoming a much better prospect.

Same with Smith, want to see how well he keeps up with guys like Rasmussen, Zadina, and Veleno.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'm hoping to see Holmstrom making some strides on his skating. If he's a shade quicker this year, he starts becoming a much better prospect.

Same with Smith, want to see how well he keeps up with guys like Rasmussen, Zadina, and Veleno.
I was surprise how fest Smith is , Zadina needs to work on his speed

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Are you referring to technique with the skating concerns? Because he is pretty speedy from what I have seen.
I'm by no means a skating expert but his strides look inefficient to me if that makes any sense. To be honest I've probably only seen 1 full game of his so this is based mostly on highlights. But it looks like the kind of thing where it may not harm him at the junior level but could be an issue when going pro. Although, I have though this same thing of other prospects and some of them have done just fine as a pro.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

me too, can't wait to see Pope, Givani, & Holmstrom. Does anyone know if Veleno will play (will his hip flexor be healed)?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My lineup:

Rasmussen - Holmström - Zadina
David Pope - Veleno - Smith
Topping - Ehn - Zablocki
Yates - Gilmour - Gallant
Golod - Guay - Gogolev

LD Cholowski - RD Marcus Crawford
LD McIsaac - RD Saarijärvi
RD Alec Regula - RD Cole Fraser
RD Trevor Hamilton - RD Reilly Webb

Lots of RhDs...

G Rybar
G Fulcher
G Fazio

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Carolina released their roster and Andrei Svechnikov, Necas, Pu, & Bean will be playing

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My lineup:

Rasmussen - Holmström - Zadina
David Pope - Veleno - Smith
Topping - Ehn - Zablocki
Yates - Gilmour - Gallant
Golod - Guay - Gogolev

LD Cholowski - RD Marcus Crawford
LD McIsaac - RD Saarijärvi
RD Alec Regula - RD Cole Fraser
RD Trevor Hamilton - RD Reilly Webb

Lots of RhDs...

G Rybar
G Fulcher
G Fazio

We are fortunate that Regula played his off-side most of last year.

That does worry me a little about London. I would like Regula to play on his natural side as I just don't see the Wings playing him on the left if he does make it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We are fortunate that Regula played his off-side most of last year.

That does worry me a little about London. I would like Regula to play on his natural side as I just don't see the Wings playing him on the left if he does make it.

He would have to sacrifice minutes to do that, though. So I’d rather have him play more minutes and play on his off side.

Especially if Bouchard doesn’t make Edmonton, then London would have both Bouchard and Boqvist on the right side.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He would have to sacrifice minutes to do that, though. So I’d rather have him play more minutes and play on his off side.

Especially if Bouchard doesn’t make Edmonton, then London would have both Bouchard and Boqvist on the right side.

Thankfully Sekera is injured for 6 months, and that could open a chance for Bouchard to start in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->