Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I love Pelech..

I was upset when we didnt take him in the 2nd round and was esstatic and shocked we got him in the 3rd...

Big Pelech fan too. Though Erie won just 19 games this year it was an improvement over the season before when they won only ten. Very young team with the 15 year old McDavid and 4 others 16 year olds. Pelech will be more of a shut down type but he makes the good first pass and his shot is really good too. Still has to work on his skating but he's better than his 2 brothers were. With Erie so weak on D, he played a lot of power play too. He did get a bit of the suspension bug this year but for the most part plays physical under much more control than Pedan. He could be Erie's captain next year and may get another shot at the World Junior.

OHL Draft is Saturday. Erie has the second pick and they might take Dylan Strome.
For those interested the full OHL draft guide is free at www.ontariohockeyleague.com

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Wanted Matt Finn in the 2nd round, but the Isles took Pokka instead.

Like ITM was not thrilled about Pokka in the second round but it looks better now after the season he had, playing 20 minutes a game in the top league and in the WJC. No problem if he stays there another season but if he's comes over that's good too, either way is fine.

Needless to say Scott wasn't too thrilled with the Islanders 4th round pick last summer.

Last edited:

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Big Pelech fan too. Though Erie won just 19 games this year it was an improvement over the season before when they won only ten. Very young team with the 15 year old McDavid and 4 others 16 year olds. Pelech will be more of a shut down type but he makes the good first pass and his shot is really good too. Still has to work on his skating but he's better than his 2 brothers were. With Erie so weak on D, he played a lot of power play too. He did get a bit of the suspension bug this year but for the most part plays physical under much more control than Pedan. He could be Erie's captain next year and may get another shot at the World Junior.

OHL Draft is Saturday. Erie has the second pick and they might take Dylan Strome.
For those interested the full OHL draft guide is free at www.ontariohockeyleague.com
Have read that he has pretty good speed for a big guy, no clydesdale. True?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Have read that he has pretty good speed for a big guy, no clydesdale. True?

Might have to defer to ITM because he likely watched him a lot. I only saw Pelech twice on TV and not in person like I did with Strome, Theoret and Graham. He's not bad, from the very little I saw he's OK straight away, could use some work as faster players sometime go around him, but his hockey sense is high and his positioning helps him a lot. Like I said I would have liked to seen more of him.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Like ITM was not thrilled about Pokka in the second round but it looks better now after the season he had, playing 20 minutes a game in the top league and in the WJC. No problem if he stays there another season but if he's comes over that's good too, either way is fine.

Needless to say Scott wasn't too thrilled with the Islanders 4th round pick last summer.

Good memory Rex !

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
1. Are there any contracts ending? I think we might have to wait till the end of the season anyway and if Kitchon cannot get a contract before then, he could always do an ATO until Reasoner leaves or something.

2. Petrov is playing live right now. Here is a link to watch the stream...Russian and or Ukranian are the only choices.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
the thing I love about these two is not only are they big and nasty, they have an offensive game as well..Dont know if it wll translate to the NHL but atleast we know its there..

Well if it doesn't translate to the NHL then what difference does it make that "it's there?"

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Well if it doesn't translate to the NHL then what difference does it make that "it's there?"

I mean the Stats....

Pedan is a 40 pts defensman in Junior but in the pro's he will most likley not have those offensive numbers, but the offensive skill is there and will show from time to time....Its not a bad thing imo that our big shutdown guys have offensive ability

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Isles are at 50 contract right now. Don't know how it gets done.

I forgot about that. It's true we're at 50 now and if there are no exceptions with ATOs Griffins ELC then I guess Mayfield/Kitchon aren't coming until next year.

At the end of this year both the Isles and S Tigers have a bunch of UFA/RFAs and the way I see it a bunch won't be resigned opening up a few spots to sign other guys.

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
I forgot about that. It's true we're at 50 now and if there are no exceptions with ATOs Griffins ELC then I guess Mayfield/Kitchon aren't coming until next year.

At the end of this year both the Isles and S Tigers have a bunch of UFA/RFAs and the way I see it a bunch won't be resigned opening up a few spots to sign other guys.

That's exactly why I didn't get the Mayfield thing. If he leaves school he can sign an ATO with Bridgeport but can't sign with the Isles until expiring contracts are off the books

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm thinking we may use this to our advantage and trade up in the draft come June.

There are so many RFAs and UFAs..well enough and prospects that we could pull a move to top 3 and get MacKinnon.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
uugghh Aq Bars tied the game late in the third and last 30 sec Traktor (other team) scored in the last 30 sec of the game..wow.

Pesonen is great...I dono why Wang hasn't tried the alternate route and try to dumpster dive in the SEL and KHL.

How long is Petrov's contract. I did a bit of research...I think his FIRST contract was for 2 years, but the following contract I don't know. What is the length of term. The articles ALL state that he didn't want to come because of 1. His mother is sick and 2. He didn't know how the CBA talks would go. I am thinking he only extended for one year to see how things would turn out. It wouldnt make sense to sign for 2 years if the main thing he was waiting for was the turnout of the new CBA agreement.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
uugghh Aq Bars tied the game late in the third and last 30 sec Traktor (other team) scored in the last 30 sec of the game..wow.

Pesonen is great...I dono why Wang hasn't tried the alternate route and try to dumpster dive in the SEL and KHL.

How long is Petrov's contract. I did a bit of research...I think his FIRST contract was for 2 years, but the following contract I don't know. What is the length of term. The articles ALL state that he didn't want to come because of 1. His mother is sick and 2. He didn't know how the CBA talks would go. I am thinking he only extended for one year to see how things would turn out. It wouldnt make sense to sign for 2 years if the main thing he was waiting for was the turnout of the new CBA agreement.

It seems like Petrov's contract is perpetually set at 2 years. No matter what, there are always 2 years remaining. Meaning, he'll be here in 2015. Except, in 2015 there will be 2 years left and then he'll be here in 2017. Someday he'll be skating with the help of a walker and will be 2 years away from LI.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
It seems like Petrov's contract is perpetually set at 2 years. No matter what, there are always 2 years remaining. Meaning, he'll be here in 2015. Except, in 2015 there will be 2 years left and then he'll be here in 2017. Someday he'll be skating with the help of a walker and will be 2 years away from LI.

...and that bluechipbozo guy will continue to post ";)," and I will continue to think to myself :help:.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Isles are at 50 contract right now. Don't know how it gets done.

At this point I would trade Ness for futures, nothing against the guy but his upside seems to be a 7th defenseman at best(basically injury replacement). Jason Clark is another guys' contract that we should let go if their is anyway possible we can. I am not sure what Snow was thinking when offering him a contract(should have let him play out his college career then make a choice then, as it stands now seems like he is having issues in the ECHL)

In terms of contract they can let go this summer(that play in the minors or are Tim Thomas)

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/free-agents/new-york-islanders-free-agents/

Klementyev, Walkins, DeFazio, Thomas, Landry, McIver, Wishart, Riley, Bachman, Gallant

Of those guys I am guessing Gallant(with the possible exception of Wishart) is the only one that has an outside shot of being a callup(because he can fight)

I can't say much about the other guys but I am guessing Klementyev has seen his last game in Bridgeport. I wouldn't be surprised if Wishart decides to play in Europe.

Last edited:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

his first contract was four years, his next contract (the current one) is for two years. I think it expires at the end of 2013-14. No source, from memory.

I could google that, but then again, so an anyone.

:)

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
At this point I would trade Ness for futures, nothing against the guy but his upside seems to be a 7th defenseman at best(basically injury replacement). Jason Clark is another guys' contract that we should let go if their is anyway possible we can. I am not sure what Snow was thinking when offering him a contract(should have let him play out his college career then make a choice then, as it stands now seems like he is having issues in the ECHL)

In terms of contract they can let go this summer(that play in the minors or are Tim Thomas)

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/free-agents/new-york-islanders-free-agents/

Klementyev, Walkins, DeFazio, Thomas, Landry, McIver, Wishart, Riley, Bachman, Gallant

Of those guys I am guessing Gallant(with the possible exception of Wishart) is the only one that has an outside shot of being a callup(because he can fight)

I can't say much about the other guys but I am guessing Klementyev has seen his last game in Bridgeport. I wouldn't be surprised if Wishart decides to play in Europe.

Klementyev was waived and bought out last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad