Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
I guess it depends. If asking for a trade is being a whiny baby, then yes I guess you could call him that. Aside from the trade demand though, I don't know what he did that warrants the type of abuse he's received around here. He was disappointed when he didn't get a camp invite, but that seems pretty reasonable considering, at the time, he was an NHL regular who was among the AHL scoring leaders. On a team as thin as the Islanders, I'm sure he was expecting at least an opportunity in camp(regardless of the shortened preseason).

I'm assuming that everyone around here was as mature as it gets at 20 years of age.

The problem I had was Nino was on fire in the AHL in the 1st half of the season and yet didn't get a single look in or call up. It pissed me off because it was clearly the Isles trying to teach him a lesson because he was playing so well scoring goals in the AHL while the Isles struggled and Nino wasn't seen as an option.

Nino get's all the blame most of the time when the Isles were just as much, if not more so, more to blame for the situation. At the end of the day Nino was thrown into the wolves as a rookie to meet the salary floor. Completely stunted his development and then because the kid throw a hissy fit the Isles decided to move him on.

People talk about the "character" in the Isles organisation and all that bull but give me a team of *******s that win and I have no problem with it. We've gotten no where with our current ethos so maybe it's time we started to look for things that can help the team win rather than being high and mighty.

Last edited:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The problem I had was Nino was on fire in the AHL in the 1st half of the season and yet didn't get a single look in or call up. It pissed me off because it was clearly the Isles trying to teach him a lesson because he was playing so well scoring goals in the AHL.

The plan from the get go was to leave Nino in the AHL to develop, no matter what. This was stated multiple times, and backed up by the actions they took to make it so. And it was 100 percent the right decision too.

Nino get's all the blame most of the time when the Isles were just as much, if not more so, more to blame for the situation. At the end of the day Nino was thrown into the wolves as a rookie to meet the salary floor. Completely stunted his development and then because the kid throw a hissy fit the Isles decided to move him on.

The Islanders never should have had him in the NHL so early. Other than that, everything they did from that point on was 100 percent correct.

People talk about the "character" in the Isles organisation and all that bull but give me a team of *******s that win and I have no problem with it. We've gotten no where with our current ethos so maybe it's time we started to look for things that can help the team win rather than being high and mighty.

How many teams with internal strife win? You say we've gotten nowhere, but we're not even finished rebuilding here.... I'm getting sick and tired of bringing up the FACT that:

1. This was a build through the draft rebuild

and

2. The vast majority of the 1st round picks the Islanders made since the start of the rebuild are still developing.

Seriously people.... get that through your skulls.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
The problem I had was Nino was on fire in the AHL in the 1st half of the season and yet didn't get a single look in or call up. It pissed me off because it was clearly the Isles trying to teach him a lesson because he was playing so well scoring goals in the AHL while the Isles struggled and Nino wasn't seen as an option.

So should Strome request a trade as well, because he is way better at the same age as Nino, yet still in the Ahl. Nino was acting like a little B$%* and he basically was booted from the isles because of it. I never saw the star potential in Nino, he will be a good second line winger, but we should have gotten more from him, but that ship has sailed.

Anyone keeping an eye on Reinhart? He's gotta be getting close to ready. Maybe we will have a pair of Reinhart brothers next year.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
So should Strome request a trade as well, because he is way better at the same age as Nino, yet still in the Ahl. Nino was acting like a little B$%* and he basically was booted from the isles because of it. I never saw the star potential in Nino, he will be a good second line winger, but we should have gotten more from him, but that ship has sailed.

Anyone keeping an eye on Reinhart? He's gotta be getting close to ready. Maybe we will have a pair of Reinhart brothers next year.

Strome has only just turned pro.

Nino had been a pro for a full season already and was performing well in the AHL to the point, he really should've been called up. I don't see how Strome and Nino's situations are remotely close. Also, that's a great way of using your assists, moan and your gone, regardless of the return in any deal...

Nino was by far our best wing prospect, which was and still is a huge need in our prospect pool yet we sold him for cents on the dollar.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Isles didn't bring Nino to pro camp while bringing Strome and Reinhart. That right there should have made it clear that he was not in that season's plans what-so-ever.

Whether he was putting up two goals a game or replicating his embarassing previous season with the Isles with Bridgeport, they Isles had no plans to bring him up.

It reminds me of the situation with Okposo and Team USA, he was scratched off based on prior play, but Okposo decided to move on and prove them wrong, unlike Nino who statistically packed it in after not getting a midseason call-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad