Prospect Info: Prospect Stats [CHL/NCAA/Europe]

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
..who are currently taking the team to the wood shed.
Kingston is sitting Bennett, McKeown, Peressini and Watson. Their only top player playing is Crouse while North Bay is only sitting a couple guys. Kingston will be a completely different team come the start of the playoffs.

edit: I looked up the stats for the backup and christ they are awful

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Apparently Rafikov has rejoined Loko Yaroslavl for their playoffs. And has 1g + 5a in 4 games for them.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
OHL finals start tomorrow night. Flames prospect Hunter Smith and the Gennies taking on McDavid and the Otters.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Maybe someone will take a flier on him in a late round.

He's a great player if he ever finds his defensive game.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Maybe someone will take a flier on him in a late round.

He's a great player if he ever finds his defensive game.

Big kid that can put up points, but I have no clue about him other than stat watching. Apparently his defensive game is a wreck.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Noel Acciari signed with Boston today.

meaning 2 of the Friars top 3 centermen have left the program, leaving Jankowski as the clear cut #1 and potentially a front runner for the teams captaincy.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Noel Acciari signed with Boston today.

meaning 2 of the Friars top 3 centermen have left the program, leaving Jankowski as the clear cut #1 and potentially a front runner for the teams captaincy.

Alright, here we go. If he doesn't put up numbers this season, my position is that he is officially bustville (don't have to be big numbers, but he's got to at least hover around a point-per-game).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Alright, here we go. If he doesn't put up numbers this season, my position is that he is officially bustville (don't have to be big numbers, but he's got to at least hover around a point-per-game).
Looking at NCAA numbers to determine he is a bust is ridiculous. Keep mind:

1. He will still be playing on a defense first team.
2. The team is losing 3 of their top 6 scorers.

You combine #2 with losing Gillies and the team is likely going to be about as offensive as a Sunday school class.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Looking at NCAA numbers to determine he is a bust is ridiculous. Keep mind:

1. He will still be playing on a defense first team.
2. The team is losing 3 of their top 6 scorers.

You combine #2 with losing Gillies and the team is likely going to be about as offensive as a Sunday school class.

He's going to be a senior (a young senior, but a senior nonetheless), who has a set of physical tools that are far better than the average NCAA Div 1 player. He should be close to (or over) 200 lbs playing weight by next season, as well.

All excuses aside, I'm not asking him to challenge for the Hobey Baker, or put up outrageous numbers. Near point-per-game for a forward in his senior year - even junior year, if you want to compare Jankowski to other guys the same age - is pretty much a bare minimum expectation for a prospective NHLer.

If Jankowski puts up another season of 25-30 points in his senior year and does become anything other than a fringe NHLer, he'll be a massive outlier. All of the "late developing" NHLers I can think of could put up at least 35ish points in their junior and senior years, including Colborne, Wheeler, Kreider, etc.

edit: Actually, I'll give him this: if he leads his team in scoring by, say, 25%+ over the next guy, but his numbers haven't improved, then maybe we can say he's continuing to develop into a potential NHLer and is just on the worst offensive team in the NCAA. But if he's just part of a big group of offensive mediocrity, or worse, gets bypassed by younger guys on his team, I'm throwing in the Jankowski towel entirely and will gladly eat all of the crow you can serve if he actually becomes a useful NHLer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would be disappointed if he contributes less than 30% to overall team scoring.

So if the Friars only score 100 goals (eek) and Janko has 30 points, that's acceptable.
they only scored 123 this year :laugh:

he was around 25% last year in the games he played.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Now that Gillies is gone, maybe Leaman opens up his system since he may not have the players to carry out that defensive style anymore.

Expecting roughly a ppg or for him to lead the team in points is fair though. Jankowski should be the best player on the team with Acciari and Mauermann leaving, meaning he should get a ton of ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad