Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Figured it was time to make an actual thread on this instead to make it easier to track. Will continue to update the list and change the poll every few days, unless there's a very close race between two prospects.

So Far:

1) Alex Alexeyev - D, Red Deer Rebels (WHL) 2018 1st Round, 31st OA
2) Ilya Samsonov - G, Hershey Bears (AHL) 2015 1st Round, 22nd OA
3) Jonas Siegenthaler - D, Washington Capitals/Hershey Bears 2015 2nd Round, 57th OA

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Seige doesn’t belong here....I’m skipping him.

Are we disappointed with Gersich and his 5g and 14pts so far in Hershey?

I expected a little more....

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I agree we should take off Siegenthaler. He's with the big club. If we are taking off Boyd, need to take off Siegs too.

Voted LuJo with #3

EDIT-- If Siegs is still on here, then he's #3 for me....I mean, how can he not be? He's already playing for the big club, and has passed Bowey on the depth chart. The real test will be when Djoos is healthy....then what? Does he stay up and they carry 8-dmen? Does he rotate with Orpik and play with Djoos? Does he always sit? Is he sent down?

Lots of options. We may also see Bowey dealt before the TDL. As we have a surplus. Lets assume Orpik retires after this season (not a good assumption, IMO, I think he's got another year in him), then they would still have plenty of D-men.

Carlson
Kempny
Orlov
Niskanen
Djoos
Siegenthaler
Lewington
Johansen
Hobbs
Ness
Priskie
Fehervary
Alexeyev??

That's 13...without any added new draftees to the pro rosters (or depth or FA or college signings)

No need for Bowey. And I like Madison....but there's not enough slots for players

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I agree we should take off Siegenthaler. He's with the big club. If we are taking off Boyd, need to take off Siegs too.

Voted LuJo with #3

I saw the post about who qualifies as a prospect. I just feel like he’s graduated.

Would have gone Lujo if not for an injury-laden season.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
From the other tread (Siegenthaler):
Hockeysfuture used to define prospects as such:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:
If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.
An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.
European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.
Section one is the meat of the criteria as it will govern the majority of players that vie for a NHL roster spot. Sections two and three are simply an acknowledgement that some prospects arrive on the scene a bit later than their peers, thus needing some time past their 24th birthday to develop into an NHL-caliber player.
The graduated list on team pages will consist of players who are considered graduated to the NHL. A skater prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 130 games in the NHL. A goalie prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 90 games in the NHL.
So

- Everyone from 1995 YOB or later are Prospects except Jakub Vrána (LW/RW), Madison Bowey (D) and André Burakovsky (LW/RW), who are Graduated.

- Sergei Kostenko (G), Hampus Gustafsson (C/LW), Mathias Bau Hansen (LW/RW), Mason Mitchell (LW) and Tyler Lewington (D) are Prospects.

- Riley Barber (RW), Nathan Walker (LW), Travis Boyd (C), Pheonix Copley (G), Michael Sgarbossa (C) are No longer considered the Prospects.

- I do not know what to do with Liam O'Brien (C/LW). His birthday is 29 Jul. 1994. Did he turned 24 in 2017/18 season or did he in 2018/19 one?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don't think Siegs is "graduated" just yet. Once Djoos comes back he's probably sent back to Hershey barring any other moves unfortunately. That's why I left him on there. Plus, I don't think we can consider 22 NHL games as being "graduated" IMO

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Seige doesn’t belong here....I’m skipping him.

Are we disappointed with Gersich and his 5g and 14pts so far in Hershey?

I expected a little more....
Definitely disappointed in Gersich's first half of the year but he has started to come around a bit the last few games. I think the first half of Hershey's season isn't a great indicator of how a prospect is progressing. New coaches, new systems and a ton of young faces meant a lot of growing pains

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I don't think Siegs is "graduated" just yet. Once Djoos comes back he's probably sent back to Hershey barring any other moves unfortunately. That's why I left him on there. Plus, I don't think we can consider 22 NHL games as being "graduated" IMO
Would think Bowey might be an asset for a trade at the deadline to make room for Siegenthaler or, if not, just a healthy scratch. Jonas clearly outplays 22 so far. Orpik might sit some games in order to rest before the playoffs as well.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Would think Bowey might be an asset for a trade at the deadline to make room for Siegenthaler or, if not, just a healthy scratch. Jonas clearly outplays 22 so far. Orpik might sit some games in order to rest before the playoffs as well.

Agreed. As I edited my post above....Caps are flush with players for both DC and Hershey. Not even counting Alexeyev

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
As soon as Djoos comes back they are over the roster limit. The quickest and most logical roster move would be assigning Siegenthaler back to Hershey until roster limits are no longer an issue or another trade is made. I think they'd rather have Jonas playing games instead of being a constant healthy scratch but that's just my opinion.

Again, this is barring any type of move being made to open up a roster spot or some salary cap space

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The fact Alexeyev blew both LuJo and Samsonov away shocks me. I guess shiny new ball syndrome is legit. LuJo is way underrated. I'm Samsonov, LuJo, Alexeyev as the top 3.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The fact Alexeyev blew both LuJo and Samsonov away shocks me. I guess shiny new ball syndrome is legit. LuJo is way underrated. I'm Samsonov, LuJo, Alexeyev as the top 3.

Alexeyev also got off to a really hot start to start this years WHL season, LuJo never had much hype in the minors.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Alexeyev also got off to a really hot start to start this years WHL season, LuJo never had much hype in the minors.

LuJo is near the worst D in Hershey and all AHL. Alexeyev is near the best D in WHL and WJC20. LuJo never played international hockey and right now is much closer to the ECHL than NHL. Alexeyev will be in NHL next season with Siege who has the same age as LuJo. I am brutal with him, but Pokulok and Finley 1st round draft picks where brutal as well.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

My opinion is purely from watching his WJC games. He stood out VERY nicely. Lujo has been injured, but I still have hopes.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
LuJo is near the worst D in Hershey and all AHL. Alexeyev is near the best D in WHL and WJC20. LuJo never played international hockey and right now is much closer to the ECHL than NHL. Alexeyev will be in NHL next season with Siege who has the same age as LuJo. I am brutal with him, but Pokulok and Finley 1st round draft picks where brutal as well.

Disagree on Lujo AND where AA will be playing next year.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
This is completely false. What exactly are you talking about? Are you actually watching the hockey games or are you stat watching which is completely foolish? LuJo is not closer to the ECHL and is definitely not the worst D on Hershey or in the AHL.

And to compare LuJo to Alexeyev on the international level makes zero sense. The Canadian world junior team is stacked with D every single year.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
This is completely false. What exactly are you talking about? Are you actually watching the hockey games or are you stat watching which is completely foolish? LuJo is not closer to the ECHL and is definitely not the worst D on Hershey or in the AHL.

And to compare LuJo to Alexeyev on the international level makes zero sense. The Canadian world junior team is stacked with D every single year.
Give me seven 1999 YOB Canadian D you choose over Alexeyev so I can measure your 'zero sense' statement.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Give me seven 1999 YOB Canadian D you choose over Alexeyev so I can measure your 'zero sense' statement.
What are you talking about? Your original statement was that LuJo never made Canada’s World Junior team. You can’t compare Canada’s World Junior roster to Russia’s World Junior roster. Canada cuts D each year that would make the roster of other countries. Using that as an indicator of Alexeyev being a better player doesn’t work.

You’ve done nothing but trash LuJo in every thread you’ve been in. It’s very clear that you don’t like him for some reason. You’ve given no indication why you think he’s a bad player. Again, have you actually watched the kid play or are you stat watching? It’s easy to look at LuJos stats pre injury and think he sucks. The ENTIRE TEAM sucked other than Vanecek, Sgarbossa and Barber. Even AHL vets like Ness and Lewington were putting up terrible numbers and looked awful. Hell, Hershey fans were ready to kidnap Siegs and transport him to Washington because he wasn’t playing well either.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
What are you talking about? Your original statement was that LuJo never made Canada’s World Junior team. You can’t compare Canada’s World Junior roster to Russia’s World Junior roster. Canada cuts D each year that would make the roster of other countries. Using that as an indicator of Alexeyev being a better player doesn’t work.

You’ve done nothing but trash LuJo in every thread you’ve been in. It’s very clear that you don’t like him for some reason. You’ve given no indication why you think he’s a bad player. Again, have you actually watched the kid play or are you stat watching? It’s easy to look at LuJos stats pre injury and think he sucks. The ENTIRE TEAM sucked other than Vanecek, Sgarbossa and Barber. Even AHL vets like Ness and Lewington were putting up terrible numbers and looked awful. Hell, Hershey fans were ready to kidnap Siegs and transport him to Washington because he wasn’t playing well either.

1) So. Who are the seven Canadian 1999 D who are better than Alexeyev?
2) I have nothing personal with Johansen. Hershey is much better w/o him.
3) Alexeyev > whole Canadian D roster >>>>> Johansen.
4) Are the Hershey fans stat watching as well ? I try to find some logic.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
1) So. Who are the seven Canadian 1999 D who are better than Alexeyev?
2) I have nothing personal with Johansen. Hershey is much better w/o him.
3) Alexeyev > whole Canadian D roster >>>>> Johansen.
4) Are the Hershey fans stat watching as well ? I try to find some logic.
Again bud you can’t compare Alexeyev to LuJo on the international stage. It just does not work. Different birth years, different countries, and completely different scenarios.

Hershey is much better without him? I guess Hershey should continue to ice ECHL level players like Joey Leach, Cliff Watson and Steve Johnson instead of a former first rounder in his second professional season. Makes absolutely no sense and you have zero data to back it up. You’ve done nothing but avoid my question on if you are stat watching or actually watching the games so I’m going to assume you’re stat watching.

When I speak of Hershey fans not liking Siegenthaler I’m speaking of actual fans at the arena who watched him regularly like I did the past few seasons. So no they were not stat watching they were actually watching the games. He was not playing at the level he is currently playing for Washington. Good for him that he has had success during his call up and I hope he continues to, but you can’t convince me that during his time in Hershey he played well enough to leap frog other D for a call up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad