• Belliveau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caulfield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’m shocked by how many people think POJ is going to be anything more than Pettersson 2.0. Although there are people mad we didn’t resign Gaudreau for 1.2 x 2 so…

I'm shocked that you're shocked that there's a slam dunk prospect that's going to be better than Pettersson 2.0 but getting paid an ELC and not $4M.

Maybe the new goalie, I dunno.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
What exactly has anyone else done? .4 PPG in Sweden or whatever?

Our prospect pool is trash holistically. Four good games playing top pairing minutes is good enough to be at the top of this heap.

The additions of Hallender and Lindberg change the dynamic where you can't say our pool is trash now. There are Broz arguing Lindberg is only the 3rd best goalie here as far as goalies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I like Hallander still. I have questions about POJ’s offensive game and ability to handle himself in the corners with his frame. I think there’s a case for any of Poulin/POJ/Hallander at #1 though. That’s my top 3 and it’s more of a tier.

Reactions: tom_servo

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’m shocked by how many people think POJ is going to be anything more than Pettersson 2.0. Although there are people mad we didn’t resign Gaudreau for 1.2 x 2 so…

I think that's probably what POJ is, although the skating is a mark above and could make him Pettersson but with notably better transition (and maybe a little better offence as a result). But I feel fairly sure that's what he is but have questions regarding the forwards. I reckon they've all got better ceilings (save maybe Hallander), but I don't know which ones are going to take sure strides towards it this season.

Reactions: tom_servo

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hallander totally intrigues me with his recent development, but I also feel weird about the fact that he's not really played a game in North America, so I don't know if I can vote him so high as 2. Like I said elsewhere, his skillset on paper is exactly what this team could use if he can make the transition to NA hockey, and the faith the FO has in him is also pretty encouraging.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
IMO I don't think Hallander's upside is high enough for me to rank him over POJ.

Both have similar upsides (middle-6 forward for Hallander, middle pair D for POJ) while POJ is more NHL ready.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Hoping for a nice year from POJ.

Also very happy JR isn’t here to give him a loaded contract, if so.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The additions of Hallender and Lindberg change the dynamic where you can't say our pool is trash now. There are Broz arguing Lindberg is only the 3rd best goalie here as far as goalies.

I mean, it's good to add those guys.

Our prospect pool is still atrocious and lacks any impact talent. Our best bet going forward is that we get some stellar goalie out of the heap (including Jarry), Marino bounces back to being a future top-pairing guy, and Guentzel's shoulder allows him to play less like a child. Oh, and Kapanen continues to evolve his playmaking/playdriving into becoming a legit 1st liner.

Long story short, our best "prospects" are on the big club. The guys on the farm don't project as much more than guys that can cheaply fill holes on ELCs. Aside from the goalies because goalies are weird.

Reactions: Night Shift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad