Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bellerive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I went Legare.

In watching POJ - I see a mix of a guy like Pets and a mix of a guy like Riikola and a mix of a guy like Sergachev. It just reminds me of those 3 players mixed into one. His high end would be f***ing incredible, but I think that's a tough reach. I think he is most likely to be very similar to Pets/Riiko mix.

Legare reminds me a bit of Kap. I think that dude is guaranteed at least going to be a top 9 forward. If he can work that defensive game a bit, he has a legit chance to be an NHL regular top 9er for a long time.

I don't see any Kapanen in Legare. Kapanen has blazing speed which almost assured that he could at least be a good bottom 6 type guy with the upside to be a good top 6 in the mold of Zucker and Rust.

I think Legare isore of a boom or bust type prospect. Legare has a great shot but I worry about his skating. I think he is the type of player that either makes it as a top 6 goal scoring winger or is a bust. I hope you are right about Legare but he seems boom or bust to me.

POJ seems pretty safe to me and looks like at least a Pettersson. I feel pretty good about POJ being a 2nd pairing defenseman some day and his floor is a 3rd pairing defenseman. I see very little chance of him being a bust. Maybe all be proven wrong but that's how I see it. I think Poulin and POJ as pretty much sure NHL players.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Would you compare POJ to more of a Pettersson while Maniscalco is more of a Dumo type? Assuming they reach their potential. Or does Maniscalco have better offense?
POJ and Pettersson is a decent comparison, although I do think POJ is the better skater.

I wouldn't compare Maniscalco with Dumo, but he does remind me of Jeff Petry. I'll need to see more of him though.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Haha this list seems to get worse every year.

POJ

Hallander and Addison turned into Zucker and Kap. Im fine with that. I dont like giving up the first for Kap tho but we also didnt know it would be this bad for sellers. And dont know if there were other teams with offers on the table for him..

Zucker we know will help us these next few years. Hopefully Kapanen can take his game to another level, only being 24. At worst we get what he was with the Leafs. Which will also help our team.

I look at it as if not for drafting well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds then we dont even get prospects like Hallander/Addison to move in trades that help us now. And getting Marino for a 6th really helped make up for lack of top prospects. Maybe Maniscalco and OConnor can as well, two more free pickups.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
yea i feel like our most underrated prospect is definitely Puustinen, i actually think he’s going to explode into a blue chipper in the next 1-2 years. very skilled.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
In watching POJ - I see a mix of a guy like Pets and a mix of a guy like Riikola and a mix of a guy like Sergachev. It just reminds me of those 3 players mixed into one. His high end would be f***ing incredible, but I think that's a tough reach. I think he is most likely to be very similar to Pets/Riiko mix.

Legare reminds me a bit of Kap. I think that dude is guaranteed at least going to be a top 9 forward. If he can work that defensive game a bit, he has a legit chance to be an NHL regular top 9er for a long time.

A tall skinny guy who gets hit a lot and the coach hates?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hallander and Addison turned into Zucker and Kap. Im fine with that. I dont like giving up the first for Kap tho but we also didnt know it would be this bad for sellers. And dont know if there were other teams with offers on the table for him:
Except GM’s were told of the lowered cap hit months before dumbo made the trade.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
yea i feel like our most underrated prospect is definitely Puustinen, i actually think he’s going to explode into a blue chipper in the next 1-2 years. very skilled.

I blame you if he doesn't make the big club within 3 years now. Don't toy with my emotions

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't think our top-5 is that bad. Clearly towards the bottom of the prospect ranks but...

Poulin- legit NHL prospect
P.O. - safe, top-4 D-man. Questionable upside
O'Connor - late bloomer that has promise
Legare - tools are there
Blomqvist - cool, calm, skinny. Remind anyone of a certain somebody?

Maniscalco/Puustinen - high risk/high reward players you'd want in your system.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I don't think our top-5 is that bad. Clearly towards the bottom of the prospect ranks but...

Legare - tools are there

Aw s***...Is he mentally fragile? Can he at least provide 1.5 years of magic before the collapse? I'll take that if so...:sarcasm:

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

Legare - tools are there

:shakehead

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Well what do you guys think now? POJ seems to have quite a nice upside from what I can tell, and a decent floor. LOVE his skating!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad