• Vegas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Learn to read the question; it states PROSPECT POOL.
The Kings are top heavy, they are not as deep as teams like Detroit, Ottawa.
They are more on par with the Rangers and the Ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’d actually disagree …. Kings are as heavy as Detroit and ott

I also don’t think Detroit is much heavier than Anaheim or New York, if at all

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Greater LA area teams sure have nice pool (top), so I picked L.A., and Anaheim next.
Also if Lundell is only your second best prospect, you have something good going on (FLA).

Reactions: Getz2noone

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No I was serious

Last time I saw one of these polls I thought New York/Ottawa was at the top where as I favored LA. I remembered being in the minority but I could be wrong

Majority of NY's best prospects have graduated by now though. Like Laf and Kakko. A lot of Ottawas have too.

Much less so for LA and Anaheim

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think these kind of pools just get clouded by whether a prospect is considering eligible or not. It’s different for each team.

I think its better to just use a age limit in my opinion.

Reactions: Xspyrit

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What age?

The easiest thing you could do is games played. Whether it's Calder rules (26 gp in regular season) or 41 gp, I'm not sure if it matters. You can keep the fancy chart you made, just remove Lafreniere and Miller, and add in Caufield.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The easiest thing you could do is games played. Whether it's Calder rules (26 gp in regular season) or 41 gp, I'm not sure if it matters. You can keep the fancy chart you made, just remove Lafreniere and Miller, and add in Caufield.
Need to go through all 31 teams and check each players GP. I'll try to get to it during next week.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Need to go through all 31 teams and check each players GP. I'll try to get to it during next week.

You can do that or just post the criteria in the OP and let everyone correct you.

Actually if you just tell me your gp cutoff, I'll tell you what changes.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I did it based on prospect rankings on teams' respective board, apparently Montreal board considered Caufield graduated but not Poehling.
Fix it. Caufield is just as much as a prospect as Zegras.
I think this poll is going to be clouded by the fact that some teams have their top prospects listed while others don't.
Agree.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Not that it matters (NYI just graduated a strong top-3 & are left with not a lot), NYI's top 3 are:

1. Robin Salo
2. Sam Bolduc
3. No firm #3 just a mess of unknowns including Raty, Wilde, and Iskhakov.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Most prospect rankings don't include Laf, or Miller, so they shouldn't be used in a prospect ranking. Rangers were once in the top 2 but after players have graduated to the roster, they're most likely in the 5-7th range.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Laff is eligible in NYR???

where is Stutz?

My fault!

I've been running the polls for years on the Sens board and even though we (there's another poster who has been running some polls too) have always used the "old HF criterias" (this forum's website when it was active), there has been a lot of complaining in the past when I made some young established players eligible as prospects even though they didn't have 65 NHL GP yet.

So to play it safe and reduce the amount of complaining this year, I considered Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP) as graduated. On the Rangers board, they probably just didn't graduate their guys even though they'll be in the NHL for the foreseeable future.

If Stutzle and Norris would have been eligible (like Lafreniere and K'Andre Miller are), Ottawa would win this poll pretty easily IMO. Top-20 would have been voted like this :

1- Tim Stutzle
2- Jake Sanderson
3- Josh Norris
4- Shane Pinto
5- Erik Brännström
6- Tyler Boucher
7- Alex Formenton
8- Ridly Greig
9- Filip Gustavsson
10- Jacob Bernard-Docker
11- Egor Sokolov
12- Mads Søgaard
13- Logan Brown
14- Roby Järventie
15- Tyler Kleven
16- Lassi Thomson
17- Leevi Merilainen
18- Zack Ostapchuk
19- Angus Crookshank
20- Vitali Abramov

What age?

Lists you often see are for u-23 or u-25

I like u-25 AND under 41 GP, although I always thought the old HF criteria of 65 GP was good as well, because in many cases, you really don't know what you have before that mark(and even then). 65 GP is basically 80% of a full season, pretty sure that's why it was chosen like this at the beginning.

I like to use Nick Paul's example. He had already played 56 NHL games (8 pts) by the age 23 but we really no idea what he'd become or if he was even going to be a NHL regular. Then, in the 2019-20 season he played another 56 games and you could finally see what he was about to become (very solid bottom-6 player). He was still a prospect in my books. However, there's guys coming into the league and that you could almost consider graduated after a few games.

So there's endless possibilities. From my experience, everybody wants different criterias lol. You'd basically have to make a poll to figure it out what'd be the most popular option.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We’re counting LaF and Miller? This should be NYR 100%. If LaF and Miller count, so does Kravtsov as well. No team should beat LaF/Miller/Kravtsov/Lundkvist/Schneider/Barron/Jones/Othmann/Robertson

You got me curious so I tried to make match-up comparisons. I can't say without any certainty which goup will be better but I wouldn't be shy to compare at all.

A big difference here is that the Rangers are D-men heavy at the top while the Senators it's more the forwards (I didn't list the prospects the order we rank them)

Alexis Lafrenière (LW) vs Tim Stutzle (LW)
K'Andre Miller (D) vs Jake Sanderson (D)
Vitali Kravtsov (RW) vs Josh Norris (C)
Nils Lundkvist (D) vs Erik Brannstrom (D)
Braden Schneider (D) vs Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)
Matthew Robertson (D) vs Tyler Kleven (D)
Zac Jones (D) vs Lassi Thomson (D)
Morgan Barron (C) vs Shane Pinto (C)
Brennan Othmann (LW) vs Alex Formenton (LW)

After that group, who would be the best 7 forward prospects to compare with these 7 guys : Tyler Boucher, Ridly Greig, Egor Sokolov, Logan Brown, Roby Järventie, Zack Ostapchuk and Angus Crookshank?

Also goalies, Ottawa has Filip Gustavsson, Mads Søgaard and Leevi Merilainen. New York has Dylan Garand and Adam Húska

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’m part Sens fan and Ottawa isn’t in or is just in the top 5.
Most of Ottawa’s top end prospects have graduated IMO in Stützle, Batherson, Brännström, Norris and Formenton so they’re not as high as a team like LA or ANA
LA is clearly superior here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad