Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #8

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Don't know how Skjei is over Nieves. Boo for me, again. Add Buchnevich.

Pretty simple. Skjei already put on 10 pounds of muscle while Nieves did absolutely nothing in the off-season to get strong. I like Nieves but he failed miserably in the off-season to get in better shape. Kristo over Skjei is laughable.

Yeah, Skjei should be over both Nieves and Kristo. Basically these prospect polls should be renamed "who is closest to the NHL." Because, 1st rounders aside, that's what it generally ends up being.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yeah, Skjei should be over both Nieves and Kristo. Basically these prospect polls should be renamed "who is closest to the NHL." Because, 1st rounders aside, that's what it generally ends up being.

That's because outside of the first rounders, the rest have only a small chance of playing in the NHL. A third rounder has a 90% chance of being a career minor leaguer and only about a 5% chance of being a solid NHLer (another 5% that he'll be a 4th liner or #13 sitting in the stands). If we have a kid who's almost ready to play in the NHL, he'll go ahead of someone who is 90% to be a career minor league, someone who has a much better chance of spending his career in the ECHL than the NHL.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Nieves looks like a great prospect. Based on what I've been reading about him though, I would think Buchnevich would be next...and maybe higher no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad