Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #8

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Brady Skjei won round 7. Cam Talbot is the first goalie added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei

Brady Skjei
Defense
Born Mar 26 1994 -- Lakeville, MN
Height 6.02 -- Weight 197

2012-13 U. of Minnesota WCHA 36 1-2-3 14PIM

Brady+Skjei+K2f-yz1EP5Xm.jpg

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I'm still not sure the point of these things. Are we supposed to be voting for who will one day be the best player? Who will contribute first?

You have a Lindberg vs. Skjei issue here. Lindberg may very well play NHL this year, but may never be more than a 3rd or 4th liner, while Skjei may take another 3 years to reach the NHL but eventually might become a top pair guy

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'm still not sure the point of these things. Are we supposed to be voting for who will one day be the best player? Who will contribute first?

You have a Lindberg vs. Skjei issue here. Lindberg may very well play NHL this year, but may never be more than a 3rd or 4th liner, while Skjei may take another 3 years to reach the NHL but eventually might become a top pair guy

The rules were published in the first few rounds:

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Therefore, since no NHL games were played, all the prospects from the summer are still eligible because no NHL games were played

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hrivik again. First line AHLer in his rookie season. Good all-around player.

Add Buch. Supposedly he slipped because he's Russian, so hopefully he has more talent than most third rounders.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hrivik. Add Allen. I'm going with him more or less because the Rangers seem to be making more fuss over him than any other of their free agent signings. Considered Fogarty as well but I'd like to see him pick it up a bit stat wise this year.

As for how to choose--just weigh who you think is closest against who you think may be the best in the long term--if they're the same guy that makes it easy--if not flip a coin.

richardsequalscup*

Pretty simple. Skjei already put on 10 pounds of muscle while Nieves did absolutely nothing in the off-season to get strong. I like Nieves but he failed miserably in the off-season to get in better shape. Kristo over Skjei is laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad