Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #16

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
What's the thinking behind Duclair over Tambellini? Is it just because Duclair skates fast? Tambellini seems like the more intriguing overall package. That seems to be reflected in their draft position as well.

I'm really opposed to us ranking the lower drafted prospects above the higher drafted ones before they played a game post-draft. It's ridiculous. I remember a couple of years ago McColgan was almost ranked above St. Croix because many felt they know better than Gorton and Clark. Fast forward two years and St. Croix is a very good prospect, while McColgan will be toiling away in the ECHL.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm really opposed to us ranking the lower drafted prospects above the higher drafted ones before they played a game post-draft. It's ridiculous. I remember a couple of years ago McColgan was almost ranked above St. Croix because many felt they know better than Gorton and Clark. Fast forward two years and St. Croix is a very good prospect, while McColgan will be toiling away in the ECHL.

I have to admit, I thought McColgan could have been a decent player but never thought he was as good as St. Croix. You make a great point here.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What's the thinking behind Duclair over Tambellini? Is it just because Duclair skates fast? Tambellini seems like the more intriguing overall package. That seems to be reflected in their draft position as well.

Who knows? It's stupid. I never understood how anyone could automatically decide that a specific prospect is better without a year or so to let them develop.

Meh.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Until they get to the AHL (Or a pro league in Europe), it is really tough. Not even tough leagues like the WHL and NCAA are fully indicative of pro potential.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I don't get it either. Some started voting for him 5 rounds ago.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara

Probably because he scored a few goals during the prospect camp... :dunno:

mti79

May 11, 2007
nicholls, kid put up good numbers in the whl. Would like to see what he does at the next level. Add Spelling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad