Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #16

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
For the first time, the loser of the previous tiebreaker failed to win the next round. Conor Allen has this one and is the final player in the Projects group, as we move on to the Suspects. Ryan Graves is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix

PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan
12. LW Pavel Buchnevich
13. G Cam Talbot
14. D Sam Noreau
15. D Conor Allen

Conor Allen
Defense
Born Jan 31 1990 -- Chicago, IL
Height 6.01 -- Weight 203 -- Shoots L

2012-13 UMass-Amherst H-East 33 5-14-19 53PIM

10191263-large.jpeg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Eligible to be added:

Bourque, Ryan (19)
Hughes, Tommy (NR)
Jean, Kyle (12)
Kantor, Michael (NR)
Missiaen, Jason (25)
Skapski, Mackenzie (NR)
Spelling, Thomas (20)
Stajcer, Scott (NR)
Wilson, Jason (24)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Andersson who has good potential.

Add Bourque because he's a very nice spark plug player who is showing good improvement in Hartford. But for injuries, he would've already been ranked, so he deserves to at least be in the poll.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Fogarty, add Bourque.

I like Fogarty he has NHL size and a decent set of hands. He can become a solid NHL power forward. I'm excited to see how he does at Notre Dame this year. Who's a good future comparable for him? Clarkson?

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Dukes for his potential. May have been fastest skater in the draft according to some scouts. Add Spelling who seems like he may be able to score at the next level, although prospect development camps are hardly NHL caliber competition.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Fogarty, add Bourque.

I like Fogarty he has NHL size and a decent set of hands. He can become a solid NHL power forward. I'm excited to see how he does at Notre Dame this year. Who's a good future comparable for him? Clarkson?

Clarkson? Nah. I envision Michal Handzus with a bit more of an edge as his high end. He's improved his defensive game to the point where his projections can include a possible defensive center, as opposed to just a big power winger.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Clarkson? Nah. I envision Michal Handzus with a bit more of an edge as his high end. He's improved his defensive game to the point where his projections can include a possible defensive center, as opposed to just a big power winger.

Fogarty has much better hands and skating ability than Handzus (relative to development) and not nearly the defensive accumen (though that is something that, over time, can change). Definitely a better comparison than Clarkson, though.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I'm voting Tambellini, and want to add Bourque.

If not for injuries, Bourque would've been ranked long ago.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ive said this a few times. I think Andersson has a ceiling of Anton Stralman. If he hits that ceiling that could be an extremely valuable player for us. I definitely think any one else on this list getting voted over him is criminal!!!

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Fogarty has much better hands and skating ability than Handzus (relative to development) and not nearly the defensive accumen (though that is something that, over time, can change). Definitely a better comparison than Clarkson, though.

Couldn't disagree more. Fogarty has become an excellent two way player and Handzus was a very underrated playmaker in his prime. Neither is a particularly great skater.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Ive said this a few times. I think Andersson has a ceiling of Anton Stralman. If he hits that ceiling that could be an extremely valuable player for us. I definitely think any one else on this list getting voted over him is criminal!!!

Yup, been voting for him for a few rounds now.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Couldn't disagree more. Fogarty has become an excellent two way player and Handzus was a very underrated playmaker in his prime. Neither is a particularly great skater.

Fair enough, I thought you meant Handzus as he stands right now as opposed to in his prime. Still, I think Fogarty has more finesse to his game and Handzus has the better IQ.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Pretty easily Tambellini for me right now.

Intriguing combination of speed, size, and offensive ability. If he fills out, he can be a heck of a player.

He has the same question marks as Fogarty did coming out of the draft. Here's hoping he can better fulfill his potential.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What's the thinking behind Duclair over Tambellini? Is it just because Duclair skates fast? Tambellini seems like the more intriguing overall package. That seems to be reflected in their draft position as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00