Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Cam Talbot is the first goalie on our list. Calle Andersson is added to the poll. Steven Fogarty is in the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix

PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan
12. LW Pavel Buchnevich
13. G Cam Talbot

Cam Talbot
Goalie
Born Jul 5 1987 -- Caledonia, ONT
Height 6.03 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 55 2.63 25-28-1 .918%

SDS_4529.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Going with two big defensemen: voted for Noreau, add Graves.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Going with Allen who is a jack of all trades type of player. I think he will surprise people with his puck moving ability and smooth skating style.

Add Nicholls

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Going with two big defensemen: voted for Noreau, add Graves.

This^.
Noreau has enough time in to be ahead of some newbies who have great upside but are green and need time on the farm before ready.

Also pls add Jean. He has an X factor about him.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Noreau, add Nicholls

Ditto. Continuing to vote for Noreau due to the improvement he showed - always a key for prospects post-draft.

Regarding the add: as Ola pointed out in the previous thread, Spelling had a rough year last year (despite having a year on his draft class, IIRC). Can't see adding him before any of the new signings or draftees. Going with Nicholls who had quite a good offensive season. Graves next.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm going to go with Allen. From all indications he had a very good college career, and the team is obviously high on him to give him that contract. I'll put him slightly ahead of Noreau.

Add Nicholls.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Tambellini because I believe in Gordie Clark, although I don't like the pick.

Add Skapski because he's got a better shot at developing into an NHLer than Talbot.

Connor Allen < Matt Gilroy nuff said.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Allen. And since I got "yelled" at for suggesting Jean last time, I'll say add Spelling.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Tambellini because I believe in Gordie Clark, although I don't like the pick.

Add Skapski because he's got a better shot at developing into an NHLer than Talbot.

Connor Allen < Matt Gilroy nuff said.

Gilroy was 25 when he came out of college. Allen is 23? He plays a much more complete game than Gilroy who was much more of a rover. Also, Gilroy was a solid top-6 d-man for a couple of years in the NHL. That is probably more than quite a few of these prospects will ever be.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Tambellini because I believe in Gordie Clark.

I don't believe in him as much anymore.

Besides the fact that every Tambellini has been overrated, and that I don't like Adam's game/style, I've had enough of the 'connected' to Edmonton/Sather picks. They don't work out. Tambellini, born in Edmonton, was an Edmonton AAA hockey standout during the years his father was GM of the Oilers.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If you look at our old prospect polls, it's not very often that a player outside the top 15 ever made the roster in a significant role. So it's not a huge deal.

Kershaw

I don't believe in him as much anymore.

Besides the fact that every Tambellini has been overrated, and that I don't like Adam's game/style, I've had enough of the 'connected' to Edmonton/Sather picks. They don't work out. Tambellini, born in Edmonton, was an Edmonton AAA hockey standout during the years his father was GM of the Oilers.

this. he is an average drafter at best with some questionable picks over the years. He has not earned the benefit of the doubt imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad