Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #12

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Andrew Yogan is the first one in our third tier. Anthony Duclair is the last of our third rounders to be added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix

PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan

Andrew Yogan
Left Wing
Born Dec 4 1991 -- Coral Springs, FL
Height 6.03 -- Weight 203 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 43 7-12-19 35PIM

8533445376_84371cf4a0_z.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Buch because he has the highest upside, but it was a close call for me between him and Talbot, who has the best chance to crack the NHL.

Add Andersson, who's shown good things in Europe.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Pretty interesting to see people voting Buchnevich over Tambellini. Obviously it might turn out true that Buchnevich becomes the better of the two, but essentially people are indirectly proclaiming that, despite probably seeing very little of either guy, they know better than our scouting staff :dunno:

Add Fogarty

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Pretty interesting to see people voting Buchnevich over Tambellini. Obviously it might turn out true that Buchnevich becomes the better of the two, but essentially people are indirectly proclaiming that, despite probably seeing very little of either guy, they know better than our scouting staff :dunno:

Add Fogarty

Eh, I would argue it may have come down to drafting strategy rather than true prospect evaluation.

To clarify what I mean, the Rangers' scouts might well have said that they like Buch the same - or even better - on pure talent to which Slats/Gorton said "ok, we'll take Tambellini now because the two are close and we think Buch will still be there when we pick next. Whereas if we do it in reverse order, we know Tambellini will be gone."

You don't want to get too cute with that kind of game, but a team with 3 picks in the same round (and an advantage in terms of attractiveness to Russian prospects) is in a unique position to take the gamble.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Eh, I would argue it may have come down to drafting strategy rather than true prospect evaluation.

To clarify what I mean, the Rangers' scouts might well have said that they like Buch the same - or even better - on pure talent to which Slats/Gorton said "ok, we'll take Tambellini now because the two are close and we think Buch will still be there when we pick next. Whereas if we do it in reverse order, we know Tambellini will be gone."

You don't want to get too cute with that kind of game, but a team with 3 picks in the same round (and an advantage in terms of attractiveness to Russian prospects) is in a unique position to take the gamble.

Sure, but why would Buchnevich be there but not Tambellini?

I'm just saying... we have an entire scouting department that watched hours upon hours of gametape, saw each guy in person, interviewed them, talked to coaches, etc. then spent hours compiling a list, and ultimately Tambellini was seen as the better pick than Buchnevich. And I don't want to say that NOBODY here knows what he or she is talking about, but I'm guessing the vast majority are voting opposite to what our scouts decided based on Youtube clips and anecdotes for a few websites.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't understand how Buchnevich is beating Duclair. Duclair has better numbers in a better league. Buchnevich does have an impressive u18 tournament under his belt, but that's 7 games.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Sure, but why would Buchnevich be there but not Tambellini?

I'm just saying... we have an entire scouting department that watched hours upon hours of gametape, saw each guy in person, interviewed them, talked to coaches, etc. then spent hours compiling a list, and ultimately Tambellini was seen as the better pick than Buchnevich. And I don't want to say that NOBODY here knows what he or she is talking about, but I'm guessing the vast majority are voting opposite to what our scouts decided based on Youtube clips and anecdotes for a few websites.

Sorry, thought that was clear. The answer is the so called "Russian factor".

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I don't understand how Buchnevich is beating Duclair. Duclair has better numbers in a better league. Buchnevich does have an impressive u18 tournament under his belt, but that's 7 games.

Skilled Russian brah.

Talbot, because you know he's actually close to getting a job in the NHL. Add Andersson.

Kershaw

would've voted andersson if he was up there, but ended up picking Talbot. Add Andersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00