GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I see Wheeler as a potential upgrade over Brod/Rempe but no one else in our current forward allotment.

So if Chytil is ever good to go, I wouldn't really have a use for him besides good locker room vibes. But there are always injuries and other complications.

It's always nice to have a legitimate NHL player as you're 14th forward though

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I expect this series to continue to go how it has been going. Carolina has already delivered their best…remarkably consistent effort level and effectiveness from them.

Pretty close in quality chances. Pretty close on the scoreboard. PP opps being the wildcard.

Hopefully they’re on the right side of the ledger today. If not, they have 2 more chances in what should continue to be close, low margin games to get it done.

And just because Wheeler is cleared for contact does not mean his conditioning is there. Would be utterly shocked if he played in this round.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I expect this series to continue to go how it has been going. Carolina has already delivered their best…remarkably consistent effort level and effectiveness from them.

Pretty close in quality chances. Pretty close on the scoreboard. PP opps being the wildcard.

Hopefully they’re on the right side of the ledger today. If not, they have 2 more chances in what should continue to be close, low margin games to get it done.

And just because Wheeler is cleared for contact does not mean his conditioning is there. Would be utterly shocked if he played in this round.

Late next round would be the earliest and even then that may be a stretch.

I still wonder what exactly he was out with. Shit looked horrible but obviously not bad enough to keep him out for 4+ months

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Went from super excited to wtf in about 3 minutes after Vince's last tweet that its looking like he won't play today.

Reactions: Filip Chytil

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The good news is we can put all the Chytil concussion talk about why he was out.
He wouldn't be practicing if it were Post Concussion Syndrome coming back.

He's probably just actually sick.

Something nasty has been going around the area. I don't even know what it is, exactly, but people have been disappearing from work for entire weeks.
This was me two Thursdays ago. Was out of commission for a few days, but it wasn't pleasant. Basically slept from Thursday morning until Friday night and ate next to nothing. If this is similar, he might not be ready for tonight or they don't want to push him crazy after being sick.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Zero reason to play Brodzinski over Rempe with last change. Brodzinski has zero impact maybe less.

Feeling a loss here tonight that sends the fanbase into a frenzy. We are due, it’s been way too chill.

Reactions: Atax

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Wouldn't mind seeing Rempe in for the way he ups the energy of the team, but if he's only going to be getting 2 minutes in the first and second periods, I get why he's not.

Brodz is a bit more versatile overall, and his speed is a big help. He might not have the same shift-to-shift impact Rempe has with his hits, but he's an under-the-radar kind of player. When he's at his best, you don't notice him too much.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

"No changes to the defensive pairs":

Our reporters' tweets are just the news.

Their reporter's tweet is, hey all! I just had a fine breakfast of bagel and lox. Now, the Carolina Hurricanes take to the ice at Madison Square Garden for their morning circle jerk, and boy does it look exciting, and i'm so thirlled to be there to witness it and relay it to you all.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Our reporters' tweets are just the news.

Their reporter's tweet is, hey all! I just had a fine breakfast of bagel and lox. Now, the Carolina Hurricanes take to the ice at Madison Square Garden for their morning circle jerk, and boy does it look exciting, and i'm so thirlled to be there to witness it and relay it to you all.
Whole organization of nerds

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I wonder how Rangers PR handles "kicking out" the media.

giphy.gif

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
He wouldn't be practicing if it were Post Concussion Syndrome coming back.

He's probably just actually sick.

Something nasty has been going around the area. I don't even know what it is, exactly, but people have been disappearing from work for entire weeks.
I had an absolutely brutal migraine and was beyond nauseas this weekend. I literally could not function at all for around 9 hours while feeling like an absolute pile of shit in bed. Felt better yesterday but still felt remnants of it.

Obviously anecdotal, but I can understand being 'sick' and being out of commission.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Do we know if Chytil is playing tonight?

What we know is he practiced, took no line rushes, and was not made available to the media after practice.

What we also know is that he didn't participate in line rushes during morning practice ahead of Game 3 and he played that night.

So... who the F knows?

Reactions: Luger

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zero reason to play Brodzinski over Rempe with last change. Brodzinski has zero impact maybe less.

Feeling a loss here tonight that sends the fanbase into a frenzy. We are due, it’s been way too chill.

Andersen is also due for one of his inexplicable shit his pants playoff games.

His overall playoff numbers for his career are pretty good, but he has at least one of these in every playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad