Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #11

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
And we are done with the second-tier and we are off to our projects. Michael St. Croix was the last second tier prospect after his excellent career in the WHL. I have high hopes for him next year in Hartford.

Adam Tambellini is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix

Michael St. Croix
Center
Born Apr 10 1993 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 5.11 -- Weight 179 -- Shoots R

2012-13 Edmonton Oil Kings WHL 72 37-55-92 36PIM

1297316244885_ORIGINAL.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm not in love with any of these guys, but that's third tier for you.

I like Talbot's chances at being a good NHL backup, so I guess I'll go with him. Add Andersson. (After him I'll go with Duclair)

For a draft where we had no 1st or 2nd rounder our prospect pool actually looks alright this summer.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went with Yogan because I think he can play in the NHL fairly soon and he has good potential. In his rookie season in the AHL, he had almost half a point per game while playing on the bottom-6 with scrubs like Kyle Jean and Michael Pellech. He has good hands, good speed, good size, good hustle.

Add Anthony Duclair because he was just drafted in the third round and I don't believe any of the remaining prospects could fetch back a third round pick if we tried to trade them.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I think Buch is getting overrated because someone said that he was considered as a potential first round pick. Two points on that: 1) half the draftees in the third round at one point were considered as potential first rounders; 2) players who collapse are usually bad bets; 3) if you are worth a first rounder, you won't last to the third round just because you are Russia. You might drop a half dozen to a dozen spots, but not two full rounds.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Buchnevich is in Kveton mystery territory for me until he completes a good season or two in the KHL and shows his skill.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Went with Talbot. He'll be the big club's back up after this season. Add Andersson.

cagedlion

Jul 4, 2013
Not one of them is top tier prospect..........that's the Ranger way.
Why do you think management always has to go out and trades for a top 6 player?Their draft picks will be capable 3rd and 4th liners.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Duclair needs to be added. Buchnevich never should have been an option ahead of him anyway.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Went with Allen. I think the kid has potential to be a # 5 defenseman. Add Andersson. As I said earlier I think if the kid pans out he could be a similar player to Anton Stralman and thats not a bad thing the way Stralman has played for us.

Andersson and Duclair should have made it well before Buchenvich. As some one else said, the whole potential 1st rounder thing has people inflating his stock artificially.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think Buch is getting overrated because someone said that he was considered as a potential first round pick. Two points on that: 1) half the draftees in the third round at one point were considered as potential first rounders; 2) players who collapse are usually bad bets; 3) if you are worth a first rounder, you won't last to the third round just because you are Russia. You might drop a half dozen to a dozen spots, but not two full rounds.

Respectfully I disagree with that. Cherepanov could have been a 1st or 2nd overall with this talent. He dropped to us at 17 because of the Russian factor. Thats a lot more than 6 spots for a potential ELITE, game breaking talent. Maybe not 100+ points Malkin talent, but certainly 70-80 point talent (IMO).

I think Buchenvich may have been a potential LATE first rounder early 2nd rounder. Its not like the kid was going to be a top 10 pick. Duclair IIRC was the one who was mentioned in the top 10 at one point.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Not a lot of love for Sam Noreau here. He's big, nasty and has been improving steadily. I figure after 2 AHL seasons he could end up in the mix for 5-6 D spot as he fills out that big frame so I voted for him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Duclair scored under a PPG in the Q in his draft year. Which is underwhelming. He also carries that "woulda coulda been a first rounder if/but" tag.

Don't see how he is such a slam dunk over Buchnevich.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: