Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #10

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The previous round wasn't as close as I figured it would be, with nearly all the Nieves voters switching to Hrivik, who easily won the round. Conor Allen makes his way into the poll.

This will be the final round for the Second Tier.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik

Marek Hrivik
Left Wing
Born Aug 28 1991 -- Zilina, Slovakia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 197 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 40 7-19-26 10PIM

Worcester+Sharks+v+Connecticut+Whale+ZzD3yNgsrHpl.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This one should be a blow out for Croix.

Add Adam Tambellini because he was our first draftee this year. He was also drafted in a higher position than any other remaining prospect, and obviously he didn't do anything to disappoint since then, nor did any of the remaining prospects who aren't in the poll do anything to skyrocket their value. So Tamb it is.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
MSC makes sense for this spot.

Add Andersson. A not-badly-sized defenseman playing a full season in the SEL at age 18 is solid.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
MSC makes sense for this spot.

Add Andersson. A not-badly-sized defenseman playing a full season in the SEL at age 18 is solid.

FWIW, he played about half of the SEL season. He also spent time in HockeyAllsvenskan and the J20. Still, he had a pretty nice season.

St. Croix, add Andersson.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
MSC. Add Tambellini.

Prospects does look deeper the it did the last time we did this. Like Boo could be a decent second liner or a very good third liner and he's the 8th overall prospect.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Here are the remaining players eligible to be added for voting. In parentheses is their ranking in the last poll--NR indicates the player was not ranked.

Andersson, Calle (13)
Bourque, Ryan (19)
Duclair, Anthony (NR)
Fogarty, Steven (15)
Graves, Ryan (NR)
Hughes, Tommy (NR)
Jean, Kyle (12)
Kantor, Michael (NR)
Missiaen, Jason (25)
Nicholls, Josh (NR)
Skapski, Mackenzie (NR)
Spelling, Thomas (20)
Stajcer, Scott (NR)
Tambellini, Adam (NR)
Wilson, Jason (24)

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
MSC. Add Tambellini.

This is a good list of prospects. However, it's very possible that all 6 of our top 6 prospects will be in the NHL by the 2014-15 season (next season). This is obviously a great thing, however, we need to hope our 3rd rounders this year have good years to keep our prospect pool decent.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
MSC add Duclair.

MSC is developing he needs to do in order to have a shot in the NHL, he's developing other facets of his game so he isn't just a one dimensional scorer.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I guess I am in the minority. Yogan came on very strong to finish last year in the AHL. Big power forward who drives to the net and has good hands. He has proven more already than MSC who is still slight when compared to most other prospects.

I would have a few prospects ahead of him even right now. But that's just me.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Poor Steve Fogarty. By all accounts he had a fine, though inconsistent, freshman year; which is to be expected considering he was considered a raw prospect with a long learning curve. I think he's being undermined a bit thanks to "New Shiny Toy Syndrome."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: