Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: #3 NYR Prospect TIEBREAKER!

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
You're pushin' it buddy :p:

That's ok, when Lindberg makes the team out of camp and MCI does not I promise not to bring up the 'polls' :D

Are we basing this on long term potential or readiness right now? I went McIlrath because of what he projects to be for this team long term, but I think Lindberg is more NHL ready right now.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Are we basing this on long term potential or readiness right now? I went McIlrath because of what he projects to be for this team long term, but I think Lindberg is more NHL ready right now.

It's based on the kid's value. Let's say you had to lose one of them, which one would it be? That would be the lesser value prospect.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Lindberg, because he can skate without breaking a hip.

Last edited:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I am almost certain that both will be NHLers, but I think Lindberg is closer. SEL is a (slightly) better league than the AHL, and while Lindberg was a genuine star in the SEL, McIlrath was up and down in the AHL, often showing age and inexperience.

That said, I think Mac's potential is as a first pair defenseman similar to Beukeboom, while Lindberg's is a second line center. Not saying they necessarily will reach that, but that is their ceiling.

The idea that a 21-year-old who can dominate the SEL has only a third line potential is ridiculous.

Zuccarello did that at 22, and was far from ready when he first came over.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
McI is the better "prospect" while Lindberg is probably the better player at this point in time.

Went with McI

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Zuccarello did that at 22, and was far from ready when he first came over.

MZA is an exception. Lindberg is literally half a foot taller. That said, even MZA's potential is not that of a third liner. I believe he can and he will play on the top 2 lines.

richardsequalscup*

McIlrath is far more important to this team than Lindberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad