Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: #3 NYR Prospect TIEBREAKER!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This round requires a tiebreaker between Oscar Lindberg and Dylan McIlrath. Also please let me know if you want to replace Thomas with Danny Kristo or Michael St. Croix. There are enough votes to add Boo Nieves to the poll, but we need to replace Thomas with one of the above based on the add suggestions in the last thread.

Oscar Lindberg
Center
Born Oct 29 1991
Height 6.00 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Skelleftea HC SEL 55 17-25-42 54PIM

Dylan McIlrath
Defense
Born Apr 20 1992 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 6.05 -- Weight 215 -- Shoots R

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 45 0-5-5 125PIM

Last edited by a moderator:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This one is awfully close in my mind. Awfully close. I've been back and forth, but I'll give it to Lindberg because he was the playoff MVP. But I think Rangers management views MCI as a superior prospect.

Add MSC.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lindberg as I stated earlier. I would put Kristo above MSC. Closer to being in the NHL and NCAA>CHL to me.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think Mac has 2nd pairing potential over Lindberg's 3rd line potential, and I think Mac has a much better chance of being an NHL regular than Lindberg.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I think Mac has 2nd pairing potential over Lindberg's 3rd line potential, and I think Mac has a much better chance of being an NHL regular than Lindberg.

I am almost certain that both will be NHLers, but I think Lindberg is closer. SEL is a (slightly) better league than the AHL, and while Lindberg was a genuine star in the SEL, McIlrath was up and down in the AHL, often showing age and inexperience.

That said, I think Mac's potential is as a first pair defenseman similar to Beukeboom, while Lindberg's is a second line center. Not saying they necessarily will reach that, but that is their ceiling.

The idea that a 21-year-old who can dominate the SEL has only a third line potential is ridiculous.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I look at in in the context of the team they're on.

Lindberg will have Stepan and Brassard ahead of him for the forseeable future. McIlrath, as a RD will have Girardi and Stralman, neither of whom are signed forever.

I think McIlrath has a better hot of being a 2nd pairing guy on this team. And I think so long as Brassard is here, a more responsible 2 way center like Lindberg will be better suited for the 3rd line.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lindberg will have Stepan and Brassard ahead of him for the forseeable future.

If Lindberg deserves a top-6 spot, he will get it. Twenty years ago, Messier and Turkey were supposed to be on the first two lines, with Nemchinov a lock for the third line. Then Kovalev proved capable of centering the second line (this was before he was moved to the RW), and Turkey was traded with Patrick for Larmer. Incidentally, Patrick was supposed to be a lock as our second offensive defenseman, but once Zubov proved capable, he won the job, with Patrick/Turkey sent away in a trade.

Kershaw

Lindberg will have Stepan and Brassard ahead of him for the forseeable future. McIlrath, as a RD will have Girardi and Stralman, neither of whom are signed forever.

I think McIlrath has a better hot of being a 2nd pairing guy on this team. And I think so long as Brassard is here, a more responsible 2 way center like Lindberg will be better suited for the 3rd line.

Brassard is hardly a lock IMO based on his past production. He's been a 40-50 pt center with a 1-dimensional game. I think Lindberg definitely has the upside to surpass him one day.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
SEL Conn Smythe.

Kid is a big game player. He will make an impact before Wrath I have a feeling.

Add Kristo, he could also be making an impact sooner than McI.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
McIlrath is a guy who has grown on me 10-fold since draft day. Great character. Has the potential to really change the culture of our defense, and team. Which can't be understated.

But I voted for Lindberg. The run he had this year was seriously impressive. But more so I think Cs who can play in all 3 zones are more valuable than comparable 2nd paring defensive Ds.

Add Kristo.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I don't think it's fair to bring composition of today's Rangers team to judge the relevant value of a prospect (it didn't affect Miller's 2nd spot, right?). As it's been stated if Lindberg shows capable (and better of) handling 2C role - there will be accommodating changes.

P.S Yeah Lindberg and add Kristo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad