Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #11 Overall Prospect?

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #10 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I've not watched more a few minutes of Wallinder since his draft.
But from what I do see, it's hard to think he's made a ton of progress.
Same thing with Mastrosimone.
But both guys can turn that around this year.
On the other hand, with poor years/injuries, they could end up in McIsaac's spot, with 75 percent of the fanbase thinking they're practically done as a prospect.
Did you actually see Mastersemone playing?

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I have only seen Tuomisto play at the RW prospects camp and remember him setting up Kotkansolo beautifully (who sniped a laser despite not being able to score one the entire season previously). For an offensive d-man his production was rather unremarkable last year.
The only time I watched Wallinder he seemed the epitome of tools but no tool box guy
So I voted for Soberblom
Add Tyutyayev

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
What happened to Wallinder??? He was about to win #10 until I changed my vote and triggered the runoff at the 11th hour. Now he’s not even in the running for #11!

Reactions: FabricDetails
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
add Kirill the thrill.

I just have a good feeling about him. Probably because the last no name Russian we had turned out to be a hall of famer, but I just have a good feeling about Tyutyayev

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not last year, no.
But not really improving his goal/points production in his D+2 year was rough for him.
It's a big year for him this year.
Same here , that is why I choose him

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
soderblom :
- shooters killer instincts , is 24/7 looking for chances
- good hands and wrister
- has the competitive hunger
- obvious size that could make him a great net front and pp force
- bad skater
- doesn't use his linemates
- weak defensive stick
- doesn't utilize his size as effectively as he could

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Definitely picking between wildcards at this point.

Did people totally give up on Kivenmaki?

Reactions: lilidk

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I will never understand the 'Soderblom is a bad skater' take
He's pretty sluggish out there, and it's not just about straight line speed. Night and day difference to Edvinsson. Now sure that's more about Edvinsson being an amazing skater, but still.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Come on man, ya'll going to look foolish when my boy Tuomisto is playing second line in 2 years.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I'm sticking with McIsaac here, for what I believe is my second or third time in a row. In personal viewings he's impressed me, and I don't think his ceiling is realistically that much lower than guys like Wallinder or Tuomisto. The injuries have certainly been a setback, but without them he's probably my #8 prospect just behind Johansson.

Wallinder is a tricky one for me. I like the tools for sure, he clearly fits this mold of big, mobile defenders that Yzerman seems insistent on targeting. He just seems really raw. I don't think a tumultuous COVID season did him any favors. Hopefully his time at Rogle is beneficial, they seem to have good developmental personnel on staff. He's a tricky player to evaluate right now.

Tuomisto, ehh. He's really just never stuck out in my personal viewings, even at Denver. For a #35OA pick playing his D+3 in the NCAA, I think it's pretty fair to expect him to be among the very best blueliners in that league this year. I think there's Hronek-type upside here, but some aspects of his play really give me pause as to whether he can be a reliable enough defender to earn top 4 minutes at the NHL level.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I'm sticking with McIsaac here, for what I believe is my second or third time in a row. In personal viewings he's impressed me, and I don't think his ceiling is realistically that much lower than guys like Wallinder or Tuomisto. The injuries have certainly been a setback, but without them he's probably my #8 prospect just behind Johansson.

Wallinder is a tricky one for me. I like the tools for sure, he clearly fits this mold of big, mobile defenders that Yzerman seems insistent on targeting. He just seems really raw. I don't think a tumultuous COVID season did him any favors. Hopefully his time at Rogle is beneficial, they seem to have good developmental personnel on staff. He's a tricky player to evaluate right now.

Tuomisto, ehh. He's really just never stuck out in my personal viewings, even at Denver. For a #35OA pick playing his D+3 in the NCAA, I think it's pretty fair to expect him to be among the very best blueliners in that league this year. I think there's Hronek-type upside here, but some aspects of his play really give me pause as to whether he can be a reliable enough defender to earn top 4 minutes at the NHL level.
Tuomisto has a lot to do for me to see anything more than a #5 or 6 dman. In Hronek's draft +3 season, he was almost ppg in the AHL and looked great in the NHL. Tuomisto has looked solid, but unspectacular on the weakest Denver team we've seen in awhile. He has a great shot and great size, but his skating is slow, questionable decision making, and he didn't produce a ton of offense. He needs a Parayko like season this year to put himself back on the "exciting" prospect list.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What has happened with Grewe? Early 3rd rounder just 2 years ago, and not even in the poll.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Tuomisto has a lot to do for me to see anything more than a #5 or 6 dman. In Hronek's draft +3 season, he was almost ppg in the AHL and looked great in the NHL. Tuomisto has looked solid, but unspectacular on the weakest Denver team we've seen in awhile. He has a great shot and great size, but his skating is slow, questionable decision making, and he didn't produce a ton of offense. He needs a Parayko like season this year to put himself back on the "exciting" prospect list.

You can always tell who actually watches players and leagues and who doesn't. He makes very solid decisions with the puck and consistently makes sound defensive reads and takes appropriate angles in the defensive zone. If you wanted to get serious about it, he probably has better pure puck skills than Edvinsson, Wallinder and Sebrango. While his offensive production wasn't eye popping, it was more than respectable for a freshmen in an oddball short season and he was trusted with a lot of solid PP minutes.

If you want to knock him, take aim at his explosiveness. That is a legit criticism and something that may ultimately keep him out of the highest levels of professional hockey. There is zero question that he needs to get quicker in all directions, especially to better defend transition and for gap control purposes. Your other criticisms don't hold a ton of water.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
You can always tell who actually watches players and leagues and who doesn't. He makes very solid decisions with the puck and consistently makes sound defensive reads and takes appropriate angles in the defensive zone. If you wanted to get serious about it, he probably has better pure puck skills than Edvinsson, Wallinder and Sebrango. While his offensive production wasn't eye popping, it was more than respectable for a freshmen in an oddball short season and he was trusted with a lot of solid PP minutes.

If you want to knock him, take aim at his explosiveness. That is a legit criticism and something that may ultimately keep him out of the highest levels of professional hockey. There is zero question that he needs to get quicker in all directions, especially to better defend transition and for gap control purposes. Your other criticisms don't hold a ton of water.

The dude knows how to step into a slapshot.
Nobody should question that.

But skating is a pretty major weakness. Heavy, heavy skates.
Also - while he was a freshman, it was his D+2 year.

Question: Hockeydb lists his birthplace as San Diego, California.
EP says Pori, Finland.

Assuming Hockeydb has a typo - since they also lack other basic data (DOB).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad