Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #12 Overall Prospect?

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #12 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I know you keep posting the Pearson height comparison, and I didn't take note of that myself, but I did see Tyutyuytuytuev standing next to Hanas a couple times on the bench after coming off the ice, and he looked about 1-2 inches shorter. Hanas is listed as 6'1".

Who knows, I'm not really looking to argue about something none of us can prove, but I will say he looked noticeably bigger than his 3-year old measurements, and when I watched him, while clearly still on the small side, he didn't seem too small to "make it," like he seemed when he was drafted.
It's really not a height thing in the NHL anyways (at least for wingers), Marchand is 5'9" 181 lbs, but he's one of the strongest players in the league pound for pound. Still, he's definitely not 6' tall or close to it, just watch the highlights of his second goal.

Hard to judge how much muscle he has under the pads, but if he can get to 180lbs then he's got a good chance. I said the same thing about Hirose, but doesn't seem like he's capable of bulking up.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It's really not a height thing in the NHL anyways (at least for wingers), Marchand is 5'9" 181 lbs, but he's one of the strongest players in the league pound for pound. Still, he's definitely not 6' tall or close to it, just watch the highlights of his second goal.

Hard to judge how much muscle he has under the pads, but if he can get to 180lbs then he's got a good chance. I said the same thing about Hirose, but doesn't seem like he's capable of bulking up.

Oh I agree on the height. He's clearly taller than 5'9", but it doesn't really matter if he's 5'10" or 5'11". Watching him tonight, he's gone into the corner at least twice against bigger guys, once coming out with the puck and once battling to what amounted to a draw. Toot's not a bulldozer out there by any means, but he's been playing bigger than some other prospects who are actually bigger than him.

I don't see a complete game yet, and he's probably still a long shot, but the kid is certainly more on my radar as a prospect than a week ago, which is fun. Always cool to see a prospect take a leap up the development ladder.

And yes, I'm calling him Toot from now on.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Oh I agree on the height. He's clearly taller than 5'9", but it doesn't really matter if he's 5'10" or 5'11". Watching him tonight, he's gone into the corner at least twice against bigger guys, once coming out with the puck and once battling to what amounted to a draw. Toot's not a bulldozer out there by any means, but he's been playing bigger than some other prospects who are actually bigger than him.

I don't see a complete game yet, and he's probably still a long shot, but the kid is certainly more on my radar as a prospect than a week ago, which is fun. Always cool to see a prospect take a leap up the development ladder.

And yes, I'm calling him Toot from now on.

Common Jaster toot sucks, lets call him King Tut :naughty:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Elmer having similar votes to Wallinder shows me that a lot of people do not watch prospects....

You got a potential 1st line defender vs. a bottom 6 guy. Seems clear who has more potential.
I don't know where do you see first line defenseman. Elmer might going to play 100 NHL games , while Wallinder never going to make it. I watched 2 games last year with Wallinder and wasn't impressed at all

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I've got Soderblom over Wallinder.
1) I very much doubt Wallinder is a top pairing defenseman.At this point, I'd be reasonably happy with top 6 defenseman.
2) I think Soderblom can be the kind of player I hoped Rasmussen would be before we moved him back to C.

From the albeit limited viewing I've seen of both, I agree with the above. Wallinder screams all tools no toolbox to me whereas Soder continues to produce and show sparks in very limited role. Also with Soder being as huge as he is there have been many examples of players his size being late bloomers. Both are boom/ bust guys, but from what I've read/seen it really didn't seem like Wallinder really developed much last year, where Soder was clearly making improvements. I hope they both make it as if they hit their upper limits both will be fantastic NHLers because they have solid tools, but right now of our D prospects Wallinder and McIssac are the two guys I feel like have the highest likelyhood of fizzling out and going nowhere.

Reactions: MBH

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm willing to split the difference and refer to him as King Toot.

479e55d5e5e77242ead73e61a77d6834.jpg

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad