Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #12 Overall Prospect?

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #12 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
1.) Moritz Seider - RD - 20: 6'4" 207 lbs - RH Shot - Zell, GER - 96.2%
2.) Lucas Raymond - LW/RW - 19: 5'10"183 lbs - RH Shot - Goteborg, SWE - 85.1%
3.) Simon Edvinsson - LD - 18: 6'5" 207 lbs - LH Shot - Onsala, SWE - 70.1%
4.) Sebastian Cossa - G - 18: 6'6'' 212 lbs - LC catching glove - Fort McMurray, AL, CAN - 47.8%
5.) Jonatan Berggren - LW/RW- 21: 5'11'' 183 lbs - LH Shot - Uppsala, SWE - 75.5%
6.) Joe Veleno - C - 21: 6'1'' 194 lbs - LH Shot - Kirkland, QC, CAN - 69.1%
7.) Albert Johansson - D - 20: 6' 168 lbs - LH shot - Karistad, SWE - 85.5%
8.) Theodor Niederbach - C - 19: 5'11'' 172 lbs - RH shot - Örnsköldsvik, SWE - 36%
9.) Shai Buium - D - 18: 6'3'' 216 lbs - LH shot - San Diego, USA - 31.7%
10.) Eemil Viro - D - 19: 6' 165 lbs - LH shot - Vantaa, FIN - 24% (runoff 59.8%)
11.) Antti Tuomisto - D - 20: 6'5'' 205 lbs - RH shot - Pori, FIN - 32.4%

Tuomisto with the win, Kirill Tyutyayev is the add.

Not thrilled with the video options I could find, going to keep looking.

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Elmer having similar votes to Wallinder shows me that a lot of people do not watch prospects....

You got a potential 1st line defender vs. a bottom 6 guy. Seems clear who has more potential.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I feel like I’ve been voting Wallinder for a month now. I’m impressed we still have quality prospects to vote on like MacIssac, Soderbloom, and Sobrango. Add Gylander

Reactions: MBH

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I’m torn between Sebrango and McIsaac. Chose Sebrango but that may change by the next poll.

I don’t understand the Wallinder hype, I hope I am wrong.

Also to all the Kirill votes, there are way too many unknowns to be in this prospect tier. There are going to be surprises, and they aren’t all going to be good. He is more comparable to Kivenmaki or Alex Cotton in my mind, tons of potential but tons of questions. No one even knows this kids real height and weight, let alone has an actual scouting report.

Add Hanas

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why are y’all adding a guy who had 16 pts in 27 USHL games last year over a guy who had 18 pts in 29 Liiga games?

Explain that to me.

Add Kivenmaki.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Elmer having similar votes to Wallinder shows me that a lot of people do not watch prospects....

You got a potential 1st line defender vs. a bottom 6 guy. Seems clear who has more potential.

I've got Soderblom over Wallinder.
1) I very much doubt Wallinder is a top pairing defenseman.At this point, I'd be reasonably happy with top 6 defenseman.
2) I think Soderblom can be the kind of player I hoped Rasmussen would be before we moved him back to C.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Why are y’all adding a guy who had 16 pts in 27 USHL games last year over a guy who had 18 pts in 29 Liiga games?

Explain that to me.

Add Kivenmaki.

Kivenamaki is 21, 5'9 and still in Finland.
If he wants to get on people's radar, he needs to take the plunge and come to NA like Tyutyayev did.

Another year in Finland seems every unlikely to move the needle, even if it's a good one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I’m torn between Sebrango and McIsaac. Chose Sebrango but that may change by the next poll.

I don’t understand the Wallinder hype, I hope I am wrong.

Also to all the Kirill votes, there are way too many unknowns to be in this prospect tier. There are going to be surprises, and they aren’t all going to be good. He is more comparable to Kivenmaki or Alex Cotton in my mind, tons of potential but tons of questions. No one even knows this kids real height and weight, let alone has an actual scouting report.

Add Hanas
Tyut appears to be about 5'10", looked to be about 4" shorter than 6'2" Pearson in the prospect tourney. No idea on weight.

Kid's got some skill though. That's why he's getting votes, and I can understand that.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kivenamaki is 21, 5'9 and still in Finland.
If he wants to get on people's radar, he needs to take the plunge and come to NA like Tyutyayev did.

Another year in Finland seems every unlikely to move the needle, even if it's a good one.

We are at the state of these pools where anyone we are discussing as adding may not move the needle much this next year.

But Kivenmaki producing decently well in a top 6 role in a men’s league makes me feel better about him than someone like Hanas who was pretty disappointing last year.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
We are at the state of these pools where anyone we are discussing as adding may not move the needle much this next year.

But Kivenmaki producing decently well in a top 6 role in a men’s league makes me feel better about him than someone like Hanas who was pretty disappointing last year.

Maybe. But I don't think it's a stretch to have Hanas over Kivenmaki.
Hanas might be a bit one dimensional - but he did adjust to another league in a f***ed up season.

And he did adjust
First 10 games in the USHL 1-1-2
Last 17 games 2-12-14.

With Hanas, who has good enough size/skating to be an effective scoring line guy in the NHL, I think I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that his Draft season was a better indicator of his skill level.
Now, if he bombs this year? Sure.

But honestly, if the question is, which guy is most likely to ever be an NHLer, Hanas or Kivenmaki - I give it to Hanas.
If it's, which guy will be get a contract? Again, it's Hanas.

That said, I think he's far from a sure bet.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Tyut appears to be about 5'10", looked to be about 4" shorter than 6'2" Pearson in the prospect tourney. No idea on weight.

Kid's got some skill though. That's why he's getting votes, and I can understand that.

I know you keep posting the Pearson height comparison, and I didn't take note of that myself, but I did see Tyutyuytuytuev standing next to Hanas a couple times on the bench after coming off the ice, and he looked about 1-2 inches shorter. Hanas is listed as 6'1".

Who knows, I'm not really looking to argue about something none of us can prove, but I will say he looked noticeably bigger than his 3-year old measurements, and when I watched him, while clearly still on the small side, he didn't seem too small to "make it," like he seemed when he was drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00