Prospect Info: Prospect Challenge September 17th-19th

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Completely missed the buf goal but I had thought Keyser looked sharp outside of that when needed

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
upload_2021-9-18_16-1-54.png

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
3 Stars of today’s game IMO

1 - Keyser
2 - Ahcan
3 - Froden

HM - Asselinn

Ahcan gave up a breakaway and got beat giving up a Buffalo chance where the guy walked in alone down the slot (and Keyser made his best save of the day). He looks like he sill needs work on his defensive game.

Lauko has a weird habit of standing around. On one of the power play goals he's just kind of drifting out high in front of the D and Ahcan shoots by him and Asselin tips it in. But he was so casual and slow about it, it was weird. He also made a nice play to set up Lysell's empty netter, where the D tried to step up on him and he pulled up and slipped Lysell the pass and again, just stood there watching Lysell go in for the EN goal. It's weird to see a professional standing straight up like that.

Keyser was outstanding. Scary moment there where it looked like he was injured. There was a time I liked him more than Swayman as a prospect. I remember reading Dom say he was a better prospect than Studnicka at one time. Imagine if he can stay healthy and be just as good as Swayman?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ahcan gave up a breakaway and got beat giving up a Buffalo chance where the guy walked in alone down the slot (and Keyser made his best save of the day). He looks like he sill needs work on his defensive game.

Lauko has a weird habit of standing around. On one of the power play goals he's just kind of drifting out high in front of the D and Ahcan shoots by him and Asselin tips it in. But he was so casual and slow about it, it was weird. He also made a nice play to set up Lysell's empty netter, where the D tried to step up on him and he pulled up and slipped Lysell the pass and again, just stood there watching Lysell go in for the EN goal. It's weird to see a professional standing straight up like that.

Keyser was outstanding. Scary moment there where it looked like he was injured. There was a time I liked him more than Swayman as a prospect. I remember reading Dom say he was a better prospect than Studnicka at one time. Imagine if he can stay healthy and be just as good as Swayman?

I hate re-drafts, I really do.

Back in 2017, my goalie rankings for the draft (from the OHL) were Michael DiPietro, Matthew Villalta, and Kyle Keyser. Obviously, the first two got drafted, Keyser did not. But since the draft, Keyser has been better than Villalta and on par with DiPietro (IMO) and I say that as a big fan of all three. I still can't for the life of me understand how Keyser was not drafted. But had the Bruins not signed him, he would have re-entered the draft and likely be taken in 2018.

One concussion in the OHL. Concussion at the WJC (hey remember when I kept saying he would be USA's starter and no one believed me). That one hurt the most as I would have loved to see him head-to-head against DiPietro there. And then one concussion in the AHL. His development has been slowed, but he's back on track.

I noticed yesterday that Essensa and Dunham have worked with him on his technique - subtle little things. Always believed he could be a number one in the NHL some day. Now even more so. I know, I know, it's only one game right? Not really, it's 6 years of watching him play hockey.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I like Asselin and I appreciate how he's worked hard enough to earn NHL contract without ever being handed anything. Pretty rare among undrafted ECHL players. I hope he earns some NHL games this year, which he might considering how bad Bruins center depth is right now.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I like Asselin and I appreciate how he's worked hard enough to earn NHL contract without ever being handed anything. Pretty rare among undrafted ECHL players. I hope he earns some NHL games this year, which he might considering how bad Bruins center depth is right now.
The bruins center depth is really good. Asselin is around 10th on the depth chart for centres.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

Aside from Keyser, Achan was the most dominate player for the Bs - hands down! Showed so much poise with the puck and more than made up for any mistakes he made.
Froden, solid 2 goals, but he’s also 27 and should have a lot more polish to his game then these youngsters

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00