Prospect Info: Prospect Challenge September 17th-19th

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Nick Wolff plays hard and hits harder, but man does he get lost in translation out there frequently.

I think what you said about Voyer applies here as well. It doesn't appear to me that Wolff has even McQuaid level mobility in him, which is unfortunate. Maybe he gets there with another season of AHL coaching, but I dunno- it felt to me that he has reached his level.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I will add that Lauko was very good today. I can't wait to see a second line of him and Lysell together in a couple of years. They just need a center who can score a lot.
Too funny I just read this after I sent you a message on discord - I guess that’s a no lol

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Chiarelii is famous for saying this but as GM of Edmonton he traded

Hall for Larsson

16 Barzal & 33 (used with another pick to get) Beauviller for Griffin Reinhart

Strome for Spooner

in
Larsson
Reinhart the bad hockey playing one
Spooner

out
Hall
Barzal
Beauvilier
Strome

For $50 K I would have told him each trade was brutal don’t do, or $100 K for 3 trades he was going to do

He learned from his mistakes in Boston (post 2011) and had the opposite issue.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yes he was. I think for me, my only gripe with Lauko in comparison is that unlike Ahcan and Lysell, when he was dangling and making moves, he was losing the puck afterwards or slinging a questionable shot.
Yeah, but if he simplifies just a little bit (not a bad challenge) he could be a buzzsaw for Boston this year IMO.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Some good things from the kids this weekend.

Lysell is going to be something. He's a spectacular playmaker. Speed, hands, vision, deception and lightning quick processing speed. He struggled a bit to catch passes off the rush and he needs to get much stronger, but he had some amazing rushes and some dazzling Ozone sequences. Shades of Barzal the way he attacked.

Lauko was good too. You can see he's so much stronger than Lysell. He put up points, and seemed to do everything (PP, PK, ES...).

Froden's a sniper. I didn't think he was super impactful in other areas, he's not a big puck carrier or a board presence or any of those things, but he scored goals lots of different ways. He's the kind of guy who, a few years ago, they'd stick with Bergeron and Marchand and hope for instant fireworks.

Asselin made some great passes on the PP and played with speed and tenacity. Harrison was good at the dot but not very noticeable otherwise. Hall had some presence but his line was hemmed in a lot. I didn't think his wingers helped him get pucks out. Lyle and Ahcan were very noticeable and solid plusses for the Bruins. Wolff had some big hits, but I would have liked to see even more especially in the Jersey game where they were taking liberties.

Good analysis

Harrison needs to improve on his skating/agility .... I got a Nick Ritchie vibe, the way he skates/reacts

Froden reminds me of Versteeg lol. An opportunist. Right place, right time kind of deal

Lauko looks almost ready for an NHL job. Wouldn't be surprised he wins a job from pre season performance

Lysell is going to be special. Bruins got a gift from the hockey gods like Pasta. Shades of Barzal or Point sounds good. Overall package closer to a young Tyler Johnson? exciting prospect

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
- Samuel Asselin intense and lively, probably the Bruins best player along with
- Jack Ahcan he shines at this level, no doubt. Can he do it in the NHL
- Jesper Froden is a scorer, can wheel pretty good. Can he do it in the NHL?
- Oskar Steen I expected more from. Crucial year for him.
- Jakub Lauko did pretty good and produced some offense although I think he suffered from the same syndrome as
- Brady Lyle who sometimes was a force out there but also tried to do too much himself at times.
- Fabian Lysell he's getting there, so much talent.
- Curtis Hall is really an exciting project. Needs work on skating as
- Ryan Mast also need work on his agility, like his defending.
- Kyle Keyser impressed and I'm happy he's back. Really solid
- Brett Harrison is a goalscorer and then some player when he improves he's speed.
- Eduards Tralmaks, Nick Wolff, Alex-Olivier Voyer AHL players, terrible skaters but also I think the ice wasn't that good. Many players falling for no reason. I thought Tralmaks moved pretty smooth when he joined PBruins but looked worse now
- I kind of liked defenseman invite Noah Dorey. Raw and made some mistakes defensively but he's one to keep an eye on, I know I will. Good skater and joined on the rush a couple of times
- Marc Boudreau the other invite. Good effort too. Not easy for players like him, Mast and Dorey who hardly played last year and being the youngest also. There's some talent and I hope they will get a full season now to catch up.
- Ian McKinnon well I don't know but glad to have him sort of.
- I like the little I saw from Matt Filipe before he got hurt. Looked faster
- JD Greenway was another big player plodding out there.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
A few notes:

- Up front I thought Asselin had two strong all around games. He just keeps improving his game every year. Hope he gets an opportunity in Boston this year, I think he's got NHL smarts, skating, hands and compete. Not bad for a guy who started in the ECHL.

- On defense, Ahcan was the obvious standout and probably the best all around skater. He just reads the game so well. The size is obviously a concern but I think he has an NHL career despite that. I was especially impressed with his ability to quarterback the PP, he just has that natural swagger and ability to zip the puck around. He probably starts in Providence but I can see him pushing for time in Boston again this year.

- Great to see Lauko and Lysell produce in the second game. Lauko did what you want from him, looked like one of the top forwards and pressed with his speed. I expect we'll see him get some games in Boston this year.

- Lysell is going to be a hell of a player. He needs to refine some details but wow, the skating and hands are top end. Think we'll see him get a shot as soon as next year if all goes well.

- Froden predictably played pretty well. He's got that natural goal scorers touch. Will be interesting to see how he does in Providence.

- Nice to see Harrison score. I'd like to see a little more compete out of him at times but he's definitely one of those guys that has a nose for the net and he loves to shoot the puck. I'll be keeping my eye on him in Oshawa this year.

- I like Steen's tenacity but I want to see him make more plays with the puck. His skills don't pop as much as the other small forwards, makes me wonder about his upside at times.

- I expected more from Lyle. He got caught puck watching a few too many times for my liking and seemed he was trying to force plays at times. Hope he has a better showing in the main camp.

- Of the invites, I thought Dorey had the best showing. Hudson and Boudreau have nice wheels but didn't create much of anything.

- Keyser played really well in the Buffalo game. Glad he seems to be past his concussion issues. Hope he can put together a strong season in Providence.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
My prediction on Lysell:

He dominates the WHL, gets brought into Providence for the last few games of the season and playoffs. Next year, he gets time in Providence and starts getting reps in Boston when injuries happen. The following year at the ripe age of 20, he'll make the team and form a line with Lauko and Stud.

Bruins lines in 2023-2024

Hall ( 31 ) Hertl ( 29 ) Pasta ( 27 )

Marchand ( 35 ) Bergeron ( 38 ) Smith ( 34 )

Lauko ( 23 ) Stud ( 24 ) Lysell ( 20 )

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
My prediction on Lysell:

He dominates the WHL, gets brought into Providence for the last few games of the season and players. Next year, he gets time in Providence and starts getting reps in Boston when injuries happen. The following year at the ripe age of 20, he'll make the team and form a line with Lauko and Stud.

Bruins lines in 2023-2024

Hall ( 31 ) Hertl ( 29 ) Pasta ( 27 )

Marchand ( 35 ) Bergeron ( 38 ) Smith ( 34 )

Lauko ( 23 ) Stud ( 24 ) Lysell ( 20 )

That's a pretty solid prediction.

I like him to the Giants this year. Let him build that proper foundation rather than rushing him, especially considering he is on the small side. Marchand and Krejci had two years of juniors. So did Barzal, who Lysell is drawing comparisons to here. Kucherov had a year of junior and a year of AHL.

There is absolutely no harm that can come of him going to Jr. hockey this year, whereas significant harm could occur in having him play professional and stumbling.

Reactions: bme44 and PB37

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
It appears that Jeremy Brodeur wasn't in the plans for the Maine Mariners as they signed Zachary Bouthillier today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad