Prospect Info: Prospect camp thread 6/25-6/28

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Anybody know if there will be a viewing/legal streaming option for the prospects scrimmage? I'd love to see how some of our young guys are looking, but I can't make a good enough excuse to fly to SJ for it.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Anybody know if there will be a viewing/legal streaming option for the prospects scrimmage? I'd love to see how some of our young guys are looking, but I can't make a good enough excuse to fly to SJ for it.
Historically , they don’t broadcast this game, though they do post highlights.
One can usually find the tournaments streaming somewhere.

Reactions: NWSharkie

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I know it’s a practice but I think we’re going to see Ferraro, Chlemevski and Checkhovich all on the NHL roster at some point this year. The latter two seem to have not stopped impressing for over a year now.

They’re exciting players, so, hopefully they keep impressing.

Yep. That is what I think too. Very excited about that.

Heard some mention of Merkley earlier as well so interested to see how he did.

Reactions: Jargon

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think Ferraro would be perfect to have on the roster if hes as good as mentioned. Plays LHD and provides some defensive prowess that a lot of our guys are lacking

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

My hot takes:

Merkley probably only went from atrocious defense to bad defense based on the general prospect scuttlebutt.

I don't believe Chmelevski lol. I can't believe anybody could've been fans of all 3 CA teams at one time. Too much hate involved in those rivalries.

Reactions: Phu

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
My hot takes:

Merkley probably only went from atrocious defense to bad defense based on the general prospect scuttlebutt.

I don't believe Chmelevski lol. I can't believe anybody could've been fans of all 3 CA teams at one time. Too much hate involved in those rivalries.
Yeah Chemelevski was probably just being diplomatic.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
My hot takes:

You missundestood:

"I grew up watching all 3 teams"

translation:

"I knew all 3 teams existed"

Reactions: Sandisfan

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Some people may downplay it a bit, but Merkley going +33 from last season is a pretty promising sign.

He may not be Vlasic by next year, but it does at least prove he’s is trying to improve on what I assume the org told him to, which is promising given his “Attitude issues”.

I’m still rooting for him to have a great camp and maybe get a surprise roster spot this year. A pairing of him and Ferraro could be a nice little surprise and a pair that if it works could be around for many years.

I have no expectation he makes the team though, just a hope.

Reactions: Phu

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I won’t be surprised at all if Ferraro gets NHL time next season with the guys we are likely to have on our roster. This is an article I wrote a little while back highlighting what I’ve seen from him over the last two years. I think he could be the perfect compliment for one of our star offensive dmen. He plays a high energy physical game responsible in both ends.

Expectations of San Jose Sharks Prospect Mario Ferraro - Teal Town USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad