Props To The Old Guys Around The League Thread

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
...Would love to know how you determined this to be true. :laugh:

Well i didn´t write a thesis on the subject, just a subjective reflection( thus: probably). It´s a message board after all. If you have suggestions as to who might be considered more disrespected im all ears

reino

Jul 20, 2019
pretty good for Pens old guys

Crosby 20gp 18p
Malkin 21gp 13p

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well i didn´t write a thesis on the subject, just a subjective reflection( thus: probably). It´s a message board after all. If you have suggestions as to who might be considered more disrespected im all ears

I don't have a list handy either, but it just seemed like an odd take to just randomly blurt out in a thread about aging players performing well. :laugh:

Who disrespects Joe Thornton, anyway? I was under the assumption he was pretty well respected league-wide.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I don't have a list handy either, but it just seemed like an odd take to just randomly blurt out in a thread about aging players performing well. :laugh:

Who disrespects Joe Thornton, anyway? I was under the assumption he was pretty well respected league-wide.

Yeah players respect him for sure. I meant more on here where people quite often laugh at his lack of playoff success and such.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Watching Jumbo play it seems effortless. He is always happy, always smiling, and in general his playing style is aging well. I could see him playing 1-2 more years.

Spezza looks unreal! I am honestly floored by the way he is playing.

Simmonds (not an old guy) also looks great and healthy after being devestated by injuries the last few years, covid helped this guy heal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How about some Kings love

Anze Kopitar - 4 goals/24 points in 21 games
Dustin Brown - 11 goals/17 points in 21 games
Don't age Kopitar! He's still a young 30 :) for another year in a half.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
That Marc-Andre Fleury (36) guy is doing well. Incredibly well.

11-3-0, 1.71 GAA, .939 sv. pct. with 3 shutouts

The guy has played amazing. I'm not even shocked though. Good Fleury is still one of the best out there... Now bad Fleury, that's a different story.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah players respect him for sure. I meant more on here where people quite often laugh at his lack of playoff success and such.

Meh, I don't think many can (or should) hold that against him......against the Sharks, definitely, but that's not on Thornton I don't think, even when he played there.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
14th all time in points. Pretty sure that puts you in the top 30. Kind of proving the point here:)

That doesn’t prove anything. There’s lots of guys with less career points that I would rank higher than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad