Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Lets keep filling our roster by moving out players and over paying for players from non playoff teams . Complete genius approach.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'd be quite happy if we got Phaneuf. He's better than HF values him at. If he had more offensive zone starts, he'd get 50 point seasons here.

Listening to Leafs fans and Leafs media, his value is probably lower than Yak, and that's a good thing. How much would Toronto need to add to Gagner + 1st in 2014? Kadri? Gardiner? Something lesser?

If Phaneuf + Kadri for Gagner + 1st in 2014 was on the table....tough to say no. I'm in the minority on that one from Oil fans because they love the pick, but that would give us a top pairing D and a No.2 C all in one swoop.

I'd rather have Drasaitl then Kadri which is saying something, on top of that Kadri and Gagner are pretty much write offs. I would consider doing our pick+ 3rd for Phaneuf and the Leafs pick.

Last edited:

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Lets keep filling our roster by moving out players and over paying for players from non playoff teams . Complete genius approach.
For example?

Grabovski, Kulemin, and Komarov were all on a playoff team in 12-13 that nearly made it to the second round against Boston. The first two have always had both stats and eyes bear out that they're good defensively too.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'd rather have Drasaitl then Kadri which is saying something, on top Kadri and Gagner are pretty much write offs. I would consider doing our pick+ 3rd for Phaneuf and the Leafs pick.

I think Draisaitl and Kadri similar potential: Good 60 point No.2 C. Draisaitl is bigger, so I guess he has an advantage from a two-way standpoint. I also think Kadri > Gagner for sure, he'll probably be cheaper than Sam too. Not sure if the Leafs do Our 1st + 3rd for Phaneuf + 10-15 overall. Seems too steep.

For example?

Grabovski, Kulemin, and Komarov were all on a playoff team in 12-13 that nearly made it to the second round against Boston. The first two have always had both stats and eyes bear out that they're good defensively too.

the Leafs are a team where the coaching ruins a lot IMO.

There is wasted talent there that we can take advantage of.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
For example?

Grabovski is not coming here he has stated he wants to win so he will only sign with a contender, so I don't see why people even talk about signing him Also Washington has not improved with him Kulemin I like versatile forward so signing him for nothing is a ok move I would not move something worthy for him, he also has played in playoffs once in 6 years. And my post was not directed at you if you read this from page one its a lot of trades with overpayments from us to non playoff teams for Players not helping their team either.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
MO the Oilers could use a hard-nosed 3rd pairing right shot D with character who can play...Matt Greene is a pending UFA.. - Bob Stauffer

If that's a hint, then we kinda know what the Oilers think for our depth chart on D.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think I would prefer Deryk Engelland to Greene for a hard nosed third pairing rightie.

Greene doesn't have much left in the tank, imo.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Brotherly proposals:

To CAR : Eberle + Gagner + Lander
To EDM : Staal + Staal

To PHI : Yakupov + Petry
To EDM: Schenn + Schenn

Draft Ekblad and go after Marc Staal (UFA) after next season..

playoffs in 2016 guaranteed

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Brotherly proposals:

Pshh. Clearly you draft Nick Ritchie and then get Brett Ritchie from Dallas in that scenario.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Brotherly proposals:

Carolina one: We destroy them in that deal.

Philadelphia one: It's a no from me.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I think I would prefer Deryk Engelland to Greene for a hard nosed third pairing rightie.

I like Engelland's game. He's tough (and has no problems throwing down the mitts), but he can actually play.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Edm
Berglund

Stl
Lander
2015 2nd

Similar trade to the perron, one maybe the blues bite? Berglund could fill 2c and let us draft say ritchie or package the pick with something for a defenceman.

Edm
Alzner
Brouwer
Laich

Wash
2014 first
Gagner
Musil

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-berglund-perron
Brouwer-laich-gordon
Smyth-hendricks-pitlick
Gazdic/arcobello

Alzner-petry
Marincin-niskanen
Ference-schultz
Klefbom/belov

Scrivens
Fasth

Good enough for the playoffs?

Add: Forgot to say niskanen 4 years 5.25 per

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
^ better than a lot that I see, but there's no way in hell Washington makes that trade.

Berglund is interesting, although if you ask Blues fans, they'll hold onto him. Roy and Morrow will be let go to UFA it seems like.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Disagree with the comment about Greene. I bet he has 3 yrs left, atleast. The guy is a warrior, and would be a solid vet on the team. He would make the front of the Oilers net a tougher place to be.

Kulleroinen*

Disagree with the comment about Greene. I bet he has 3 yrs left, atleast. The guy is a warrior, and would be a solid vet on the team. He would make the front of the Oilers net a tougher place to be.

Solid vet like Ference and Smyth?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

He's been healthy scratched for 16 of the last 19 games and has missed a bunch of time to injury this season and last

Losing a lot of tread on those tires quickly.

Redwood Original

El Presidente
May 3, 2007
What do you guys think about trying to make a deal with the Jets for the rights to Alex Burmistrov? Seems to be regarded as a defensively reliable center, with some untapped offensive potential.

If a deal could be made, is he worth taking a gamble on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad