Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If we pick 2nd.

Trade Eberle to Florida for 3rd overall
Trade RNH to Calgary for 4th overall
Trade Yakupov to NYI for 5th overall

Buffalo takes Reinhart. We draft Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle/Ritchie.

And instantly become a much worse team.

Beyond Ekblad,Reinhart and Bennett, most guys in the top 10 will all be 2nd line players.

You can always project a player (Ritchie plays like Lucic, or Dal colle like Ryan or w/e). But the fact is this draft is weak beyond the top 3 and these guys will be 50-60 point 2nd line guys max (maybe one excels).

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If we pick 2nd.

Seriously? :help:

Rebuild IV, but with worse players other than Ekblad I guess, maybe.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Hall-Nugent-Hopkins-Eberle
Perron-Hanzal-Yakupov
Anisimov-Bolland-Frolik
Hendricks-Gordon-Gazdic

Gagner+20151st+Lander for Hanzal
Musil+Ference(15%)+20152nd for Anisimov
Sj 4th +Edm 6th2016 and Andrew Miller for Frolik

Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Schultz
Nurse-Ekblad
Belov

Draft Ekblad
Resign Belov

I seriously think we should just play Nurse/Ekblad as I think they have nothing else to learn from junior

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Perron-Hanzal-Yakupov
Anisimov-Bolland-Frolik
Hendricks-Gordon-Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Schultz
Nurse-Ekblad
Belov

Draft Ekblad
Resign Belov

I seriously think we should just play Nurse/Ekblad as I think they have nothing else to learn from junior

Why acquire Anisimov and not play him at centre?

Also that D is way to young.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Perron-Hanzal-Yakupov
Anisimov-Bolland-Frolik
Hendricks-Gordon-Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Schultz
Nurse-Ekblad
Belov

Draft Ekblad
Resign Belov

I would do the Hanzal trade, draft Bennett/Draisaitl, and trade one of Yakupov or Eberle for a top pairing Dman. I'd also try to sign Markov in the offseason

Top 6: Hall/RNH/Eberle or Yak
Bennett or Draisaitl/Hanzal/Perron

Defense:

Markov/Josi
Marincin/Petry
Klefbom/Schultz
Ference

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
That 3rd line C spot is very tough to gauge. Gordon at No.3 C doesn't make sense the way the Oilers play him: Heavy defensive zone starts really limit him offensively in any way, it's kind of impressive he has 21 points this season. If they want to keep that up, the 4th line role makes more sense, because he'd still get high minutes (on PK and for face-offs) despite the EV role.

Problem is, who do you slot in the No.3 C role? Here are the candidates, and why I'm not a fan or am a fan:

Mark Arcobello-Smart, offensive, nice passing ability, but also small and has a poor NHL shot.
Brian Boyle-Big, physical, but basically is Boyd Gordon give or take
Steve Ott or Dave Bolland-Both great fits, both want great money
Josh Bailey-will get you around 30-35 points, but has he done much in New York? Is Gagner a worthy price? Also is overpaid.
Olli Jokinen-Big, provides some offense, also might be too much $ and tends to be lazy
Mikhail Grabovski-Underrated, but does he want to be a No.3 C? Debatable.
Mike Santorelli-Played fantastic in Vancouver, but can it keep up?
Lars Eller-Big, physical, but what price would Montreal be looking for?
Mathieu Perreault-Having a nice season in Anaheim, but would they deal him with prospects on the horizon?
Shawn Horcoff-I'm kidding of course....although if Dallas kept half of his salary, then what happens?
Antoine Vermette-UFA in 2015, of course he's a big part of the team so it'd take assets for him to move
Kyle Brodziak-Remember him?
Anton Lander-This was supposedly his spot in future lineups, but his development hasn't helped him reach it, doesn't look like he's better than even Arcobello

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Phoenix isn't trading Hanzal, especially not for Gagner. They already have a better version of Gagner signed long term, named Mike Ribeiro. Ribeiro's capable of 60 points, but thy still put Hanzal above him on the depth charts. That's how highly they think of Hanzal.

Top 6 centers as big as Hanzal are about as obtainable as a top pairing d-man.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Phoenix isn't trading Hanzal, especially not for Gagner. They already have a better version of Gagner signed long term, named Mike Ribeiro. Ribeiro's capable of 60 points, but thy still put Hanzal above him on the depth charts. That's how highly they think of Hanzal.

Top 6 centers as big as Hanzal are about as obtainable as a top pairing d-man.

Ribeiro isn't cracking 60 this year and is 34 years old. PHX wants to get younger and get guys who presumably have some upside yet. I agree they're not dealing Hanzal for Gagner but I don't think there isn't a deal to be had there. Something's gotta give with PHX, spinning their wheels in the muddy mediocrity, even below that. Surplus of D-men and veteran 2way players.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
If we pick 2nd.

So horribly bad , even a video game would ask what are you on.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The good news about Toronto's collapse: It might give us a 2nd line C

Consider that Toronto has Holland coming up, they like David Bolland, Bozak, McClement...

Is there any chance we can make a Gagner package for Nazem Kadri? Maybe Nonis makes a drastic change, we know he can be stupid sometimes as well.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Ribeiro isn't cracking 60 this year and is 34 years old. PHX wants to get younger and get guys who presumably have some upside yet. I agree they're not dealing Hanzal for Gagner but I don't think there isn't a deal to be had there. Something's gotta give with PHX, spinning their wheels in the muddy mediocrity, even below that. Surplus of D-men and veteran 2way players.

Of course he isn't, he's on the 3rd line with MacMillan and Moss. That's my point.....

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
After hearing the Bailey/Gagner proposed swap on Oilers now, I'll try this game again;

Trade Gagner for Bailey
Draft Draisaitl/Bennett
Sign Grabovski $4.5x2 as a placeholder for Draisaitl/Bennett
Sign Kulemin $4.25x4
Sign Downie/Moss $3.75x3
Sign Komarov $2x2
Sign Niskanen $5.5x5

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Kulemin-Grabovski-Yakupov
Perron-Bailey-Moss/Downie
Komarov-Gordon-Hendricks
Gazdik

Niskanen-J. Schultz
Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Ference

Ideally get Matt Greene for that d-corps

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
After hearing the Bailey/Gagner proposed swap on Oilers now, I'll try this game again;

Trade Gagner for Bailey
Draft Draisaitl/Bennett
Sign Grabovski $4.5x2 as a placeholder for Draisaitl/Bennett
Sign Kulemin $4.25x4
Sign Downie/Moss $3.75x3
Sign Komarov $2x2
Sign Niskanen $5.5x5

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Kulemin-Grabovski-Yakupov
Perron-Bailey-Moss/Downie
Komarov-Gordon-Hendricks
Gazdik

Niskanen-J. Schultz
Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Ference

Ideally get Matt Greene for that d-corps
Grabovski agent tweeted he wanted to win , he would not sign here people should drop him from their off season wish list.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I got a feeling that dion will be an oiler next year. His ntc kicks in on July 1 and there are not a lot of takers for his salary. Teams either have cap issues, existing top pairing dmen, or are in a rebuild.

If he isn't wearing a letter, he can be an effective top pairing guy. With Petry, they could eat up a lot of minutes and push the kids down to easier roles.

I wonder what it would take. I wouldn't be the big 3 or Shultz. I would imagine the Leafs would take yak straight up for him.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I got a feeling that dion will be an oiler next year. His ntc kicks in on July 1 and there are not a lot of takers for his salary. Teams either have cap issues, existing top pairing dmen, or are in a rebuild.

If he isn't wearing a letter, he can be an effective top pairing guy. With Petry, they could eat up a lot of minutes and push the kids down to easier roles.

I wonder what it would take. I wouldn't be the big 3 or Shultz. I would imagine the Leafs would take yak straight up for him.

I'd be quite happy if we got Phaneuf. He's better than HF values him at. If he had more offensive zone starts, he'd get 50 point seasons here.

Listening to Leafs fans and Leafs media, his value is probably lower than Yak, and that's a good thing. How much would Toronto need to add to Gagner + 1st in 2014? Kadri? Gardiner? Something lesser?

If Phaneuf + Kadri for Gagner + 1st in 2014 was on the table....tough to say no. I'm in the minority on that one from Oil fans because they love the pick, but that would give us a top pairing D and a No.2 C all in one swoop.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I want nothing to do with Steve Downie. After all, he was traded from both Tampa and Colorado for being a ******* of a teammate. Ideally we'd see Kulemin, Moss, Komarov, and Grabovski if Gagner gets moved along with overpays for Markov and Boyle for two years.

**DREAM SCENARIO**
Hall-RNH-Eberle <-- they have chemistry
Perron-Grabovski-Yakupov <-- Grabovski plays a jitterbug game like Yakupov and all three are feisty
Kulemin-Gordon-Moss <-- defensively responsible trio that could chip in 30-40 goals
Lander-Hendricks-Komarov <-- very annoying fourth line with good boardwork
Gazdic

Markov-Boyle <-- smart
Marincin-Petry <-- not as smart
Klefbom-Ference (who would be playing wrong side) <-- occasionally dumb
Belov

**TRAGIC REALITY**
There's no way that Markov and Boyle will both sign here, and I don't see either player wanting to leave their current teams that much. Mainly it's a question of how their teams want to use their cap and whether to get younger. Grabovski will want to win and stay in the east. I doubt we'd go for any of Kulemin or Komarov either. At least Moss is a possibility.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Gagner and our 2015 first? :dunno:

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

He sucks at his trade as in defence no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad