Speculation: Proof that Toews was injured during the playoffs

Captain Serious 19

Apr 8, 2013
Chicago
The speculation had been a left wrist or hand injury for Toews, and this picture directly after winning the Western Conference Finals establishes credibility for that claim. Toews was not shooting like he did during the regular season. Your bottom hand on the stick is critical in controlling the puck and shooting, and this affected Toews ability to score in the playoffs. He never made a fuss about it and that is what you expect from the best captain in the NHL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId=400468158&photoId=3014910#photo_3015626

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I wrote a long post on Committed Indian about 19's injury.

I was at game 5 and I have played hockey, and so does my best bud that was with me.

No way would I believe someone telling me 19 was "ok" and "just fine".

I agree with best Capt in NHL and he won't talk about it. In OT in GAme 5 after he want to the locker-room, he dropped his stick 4 times in the next 2 shifts, I watched it on tivo the next day to make sure I counted right at the game. I was off by one lol.

Anyway, yeah 19 was hurt. He had several plays a hockey player that is 100% healthy would do, and he didn't even try. He shot one where he HAD to shoot it and we both laughed saying we could shoot it harder, and we stink. Then we got sad after he proved to us he was messed up.

I saw him with ice on a wrist, as others have reported.

Doesn't matter now, but a hand problem is a major deal to a hockey player. Thanks for posting this. Great pic and explains a lot to me anyway.
Thanks again.

Hewy

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
I seem to remember CBC showing him icing/holding his wrist for a good portion of time during one or two games while on the bench

Captain Serious 19

Apr 8, 2013
Chicago
I wrote a long post on Committed Indian about 19's injury.

I was at game 5 and I have played hockey, and so does my best bud that was with me.

No way would I believe someone telling me 19 was "ok" and "just fine".

I agree with best Capt in NHL and he won't talk about it. In OT in GAme 5 after he want to the locker-room, he dropped his stick 4 times in the next 2 shifts, I watched it on tivo the next day to make sure I counted right at the game. I was off by one lol.

Anyway, yeah 19 was hurt. He had several plays a hockey player that is 100% healthy would do, and he didn't even try. He shot one where he HAD to shoot it and we both laughed saying we could shoot it harder, and we stink. Then we got sad after he proved to us he was messed up.

I saw him with ice on a wrist, as others have reported.

Doesn't matter now, but a hand problem is a major deal to a hockey player. Thanks for posting this. Great pic and explains a lot to me anyway.
Thanks again.

I too was at game 5 with my brother and we thought the same thing. It is not fair for people on this website to bash Toews for his low goal total in the playoffs while he does everything in his power to help his team win. He did lead his team in assists I believe in the playoffs. Look for Toews to get 10 goals and 30 points next playoffs

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
They had that too, cool.

The point to me is as he ramped up his PPG in each of the last 4 years, he wasn't getting it done in this playoff. I am kinda happy he was hurt in that it explains a lot. A lot.

Can't wait for playoff's next year, if the world doesn't blow up first, and see what 19 can do healthy.

But his leadership is only building and can't get hurt. He is already at the "Messier" level and he is only in his mid 20's. Hint, there isn't any levels above that.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
They had that too, cool.

The point to me is as he ramped up his PPG in each of the last 4 years, he wasn't getting it done in this playoff. I am kinda happy he was hurt in that it explains a lot. A lot.

Can't wait for playoff's next year, if the world doesn't blow up first, and see what 19 can do healthy.

But his leadership is only building and can't get hurt. He is already at the "Messier" level and he is only in his mid 20's. Hint, there isn't any levels above that.

I believe he'll shortly reach the level above "Messier", and it will be called the "Toews level".

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I thought we already had video of Zetterberg getting his wrist with his stick.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Definitely, a lot of us speculated wrist, especially with the quality of his draws and shooting going down quite a bit. He just kept on going and still won many key draws and scored a few key goals. Some people were born to do something and some work themselves into doing what they want to do. Toews exemplifies both at the absolute highest level, a sight to behold.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
When a Midwestern team beats an East Coast team, it's always because the Midwestern team was 100% healthy and the East Coast team was 100% injured. Read any MB Forum besides this one. Don't you guys know how sports works? :sarcasm: ;)

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Definitely, a lot of us speculated wrist, especially with the quality of his draws and shooting going down quite a bit. He just kept on going and still won many key draws and scored a few key goals. Some people were born to do something and some work themselves into doing what they want to do. Toews exemplifies both at the absolute highest level, a sight to behold.

If they had it where we could recommend posts etc, this would be mine. Great post.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd be more surprised if he wasn't injured. Freaking everybody's nursing an injury that would sideline an NBA player by the time the SCF starts.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
That's a lot of goals and points to get in the 16 games it will take them to win the damn thing.

I like where your head is at- four straight sweeps to win the cup! I have a feeling that Toews could get 30pts if they pulled that off!!

:)

Ha!

TMLrule*

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't injured. Freaking everybody's nursing an injury that would sideline an NBA player by the time the SCF starts.

The most ignorant post ive seen in a long time. Learn your facts man.

SchruteFarms

Aug 8, 2010
That's a lot of goals and points to get in the 16 games it will take them to win the damn thing.

tumblr_lhan8unwmu1qzbl7f.gif

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago

I found it hilarious when Udonis Haslem let the media know after the nba finals that he played with a torn meniscus...BFD.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00