13. Quinton Howden
14. Stanislav Galiev
15. Evgeny Kuznetsov

i would replace Burmistrov with Kuznetsov

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
www.thescoutingreport.org
In your discussion with the other guys about this list, did Burmistrov's name come up? And if so, whereabouts would you put him? Obviously you don't see him as a top 15 guy, but is at least a first rounder?

I've seen Burmistrov live three times this year now, and I'd say he's in the 20-25 range. He's obviously a really skilled player, his skating is decent and he competes okay, but he's just really inconsistent right now. One game he's the best player on the ice, and the next game he's invisible..

If he can start to bring it every night, he could definitely be a Top 15 guy, maybe even Top 10. But right now, I think he's in that 20-25 range.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
I've seen Burmistrov live three times this year now, and I'd say he's in the 20-25 range. He's obviously a really skilled player, his skating is decent and he competes okay, but he's just really inconsistent right now. One game he's the best player on the ice, and the next game he's invisible..

If he can start to bring it every night, he could definitely be a Top 15 guy, maybe even Top 10. But right now, I think he's in that 20-25 range.

Thanks for that information. I am intrigued by his potential.

stug*

Maybe not the top end talent like we saw from 2009, that's for sure. But 2011 is already looking much better for you guys. In fact, I bet you will have the first overall pick in the 2011 draft.

Well lets hope, we cant match the numbers that Canada produce, but pretty good for a small country.

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
www.thescoutingreport.org
Thanks for that information. I am intrigued by his potential.

Yep, he's kind of a boom or bust type guy. If he pans out, he could be similar to a guy like Alexander Semin.

Well lets hope, we cant match the numbers that Canada produce, but pretty good for a small country.

Larsson is definitely the favourite for #1 at this point, and Landeskog should challenge for a Top 10 spot, too. I know 2011 has been built up to be such a terrible draft, but while it might not have as much depth as 2008/2009/2010, it's definitely going to have some pretty strong players.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Yep, he's kind of a boom or bust type guy. If he pans out, he could be similar to a guy like Alexander Semin.

Larsson is definitely the favourite for #1 at this point, and Landeskog should challenge for a Top 10 spot, too. I know 2011 has been built up to be such a terrible draft, but while it might not have as much depth as 2008/2009/2010, it's definitely going to have some pretty strong players.

If Burmistrov turns into Semin, then he is pretty much going to be the best player from the draft.

Is 2011 considered weak due to its North American contingent being weak? I mean Larsson right now looks like an absolutely filthy prospects and RNH looks pretty good. Its top end players (as with every single draft this decade) should be pretty good. A draft is largely considered weak based on its lack of depth rather than top quality, and as we have no idea about this drafts depth yet, calling weak is perhaps premature.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Question to anyone that follows the SM-Liiga a lot, which wing has Pulkkinen been playing on mostly this year?

Right wing as his entire career. He was only listed as LW in one or two games.

While writing this, Jokerit are losing in Pori to Ässät 0-4 after two periods. Can anyone name another top-10 projected 17-year old prospect that got first line minutes on a team that was supposed to be a title contender in their domestic league but ended up blowing the whole season, and what happened to that prospect's eventual draft position?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad