Projected stats for all forwards with "normal" first line usage over 82 games.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It doesn't factor in the effect of linemates.

It's an interesting discussion piece, but to argue it's a statistically rigorous study would be laughable, if not for your blatantly transparent bias.

You are right it's not really a stat at all. I should have just said projection cause this is what it is. A projection of what the players would do with the same line mates, zone start, etc ... if they had all the same TOI at ES and PP. It's of course nothing more nothing less.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I will give you a solid A for your effort.

Obviously your formula has some flaws but I think just about all advanced stats have flaws.

I for one am not much of an advanced stats guy but I appreciate your hard work in creating a formula that the results look half decent. And to those of you who are mocking this I challenge you to create a formula and are willing to post them.

Well it's not my formula. It's just basic math. Of course dealing with time might be complicated for some but i'm a computer engineer and even tough the last time i did math was at University and i'm certainly rusted it's nothing really complicated. The hard part was making that damn Excel work. God i hate Excel but it's faster that doing it with something else since the stat at NHL.com can be pasted inside it easily.

I just did it to compare the 3rd line players with the other guys if the would have the same TOI at ES and on the PP. Honestly Eller and Sekac are not doing bad overall. They are both in a slump but overall they did well considering how they are both used. A little cookie here and there by MT would not hurt them. I would like to see Eller and Sekac on Plekanec wings for 10 games in a row.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
It doesn't factor in the effect of linemates.

It treats the guy that plays 1:30 on the PP and the guy that gets the last :20 seconds as equal.

It doesn't account for zone starts.

It's an interesting discussion piece, but to argue it's a statistically rigorous study would be laughable, if not for your blatantly transparent bias.

When did it claim to do those things. It is exactly what it said it was.

lolyou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad