<$1mln - Dano - Clarkson

Murray- Wiz
Heatherington - Savard
Werenski/ Provorov-Tyutin

Forsberg
Gibson :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Dubinsky is on the "fourth" line because I think that they are going to transition away from the traditional four line format into something closer to the Blackhawks and Blues structure. Dubi hasn't really been passed up he's just on the shutdown line. As for the youth movement I just don't see many players on our roster that have the skills to keep their roster spots once our draft picks start maturing and pushing for roster spots. Rychel, Dano, and Wennberg are already superior to Boll, Skille, Tropp, and potentially Morin in their rookie years and are only going to improve. As to Milano I guess you and I see very different players.

As for the Defense, I could see Savard keeping a spot, for some reason I thought Heatherington was right handed.

Who on the Blackhawks and Blues' fourth lines is even close to being as good as Dubi? Guys like Kruger and Ott are fine players but putting Dubi on the fourth line is a different category from what the Hawks and Blues are doing.

And I haven't done much analysis of Milano, but Milano's issue is that he really does have to absolutely blow you away with his scoring, because he's weak in every other regard. 1.5PPG in the OHL is nice, but it's far from unprecedented to have guys score at that rate and never make it as established NHLers.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Bob
Ramo

Savard-Werenski
Heatherington-Madaisky
Johnson-Collins
Connauton

Milano-Johansen-Jenner
Foligno-Dubi-Monstrand
Hartnell-Wennberg-Clarkson
Calvert-Dano-Rychel
Anderson

Murray(IR or LTIR).

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Milano - Johansen - Bjorkstrand
Jenner - Wennberg - Foligno
Hartnell - Dubinsky - Dano
Anderson - Chaput - Clarkson (hopefully he's traded though)

Murray - Savard
Johnson - Reilly
Tyutin - Heatherington (wow, we need some RHD D)

Bob
Forsberg

thebus2288*

I'll play.

Jenner-Johansen-Foligno
Rychel-Dubinsky-Hartnell
Bjorkstrand-Anisimov-Dano
Calvert-Tynan-Clarkson
Anderson-Boll-Chaput

Murray-Savard
Heatherington-Johnson
Tyutin-Cannauton
Prout-Golobeuf

Bob-Korpisalo

A "realistic" version of what I "hope" happens.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll play.

Jenner-Johansen-Foligno
Rychel-Dubinsky-Hartnell
Bjorkstrand-Anisimov-Dano
Calvert-Tynan-Clarkson
Anderson-Boll-Chaput

Murray-Savard
Heatherington-Johnson
Tyutin-Cannauton
Prout-Golobeuf

Bob-Korpisalo

A "realistic" version of what I "hope" happens.

I think this is pretty realistic (i.e. similar to mine :laugh:). Except I doubt the club is going to pony up for Anisimov. He'll command a good $5m or so as a UFA, and though I know I can't persuade you of it, we'll probably get the same performance from Wennberg for a lower price.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is a fun exercise but it also really highlights how we have more than enough forwards, and our big problem is on D. We're lined up to get a primo LHD in this draft, and it's not unreasonable (though uncertain) to project a Werenski or Provorov as a top pair guy 3 years down the road.

But we'll need to get a top RHD, unless you think Savard is a top pair quality D-man. I like him more than most here, but I don't think he has that quality, I think he's more of a second pair guy. I'd like us to gather our chips for a trade for a top pair RHD. There's only a couple teams that come to mind that have a surfeit of top guys on the right side: Nashville and Winnipeg. Nashville has Shea Weber and Seth Jones. Winnipeg has Trouba, Byfuglien and Myers. As things stand Myers has to prove that he can do it consistently, but if he does then Winnipeg will probably move one of those guys. They're wasting Byfuglien by shifting him to forward so often, when he can be an elite d-man. And I'm not sure about Nashville, but I can see them moving Jones if Ellis keeps improving and they don't have enough minutes to spread around. The price would be enormous but we have a bigger need for a top RHD than those clubs.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is a fun exercise but it also really highlights how we have more than enough forwards, and our big problem is on D. We're lined up to get a primo LHD in this draft, and it's not unreasonable (though uncertain) to project a Werenski or Provorov as a top pair guy 3 years down the road.

But we'll need to get a top RHD, unless you think Savard is a top pair quality D-man. I like him more than most here, but I don't think he has that quality, I think he's more of a second pair guy. I'd like us to gather our chips for a trade for a top pair RHD. There's only a couple teams that come to mind that have a surfeit of top guys on the right side: Nashville and Winnipeg. Nashville has Shea Weber and Seth Jones. Winnipeg has Trouba, Byfuglien and Myers. As things stand Myers has to prove that he can do it consistently, but if he does then Winnipeg will probably move one of those guys. They're wasting Byfuglien by shifting him to forward so often, when he can be an elite d-man. And I'm not sure about Nashville, but I can see them moving Jones if Ellis keeps improving and they don't have enough minutes to spread around. The price would be enormous but we have a bigger need for a top RHD than those clubs.
I'd rather target Ellis. Thus this thread. :laugh:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON

Personally, i see Ryan Collins as a Top-4 Shut down RHD for this team in the future. I hope the team doesn't get rid of Wiz, and if they do, have it be apart of a bigger package in a trade for a Seth Jones or a Tyson Barrie kind of player. Young with elite potential. I think the team this year drafts a top LHD in Werenski or Provorov as an insurance marker for Ryan Murray. Worst case scenario, they take the throne from him as Future #1 Defenceman because he becomes legitimately injury prone; best case, they play behind him on the second/third line.

I also think some guys to look at in the 2nd round this year are RHD Noah Juulsen and Jesper Lindgren. Two very underrated guys who could be steals in a deep draft. Jesper is like an Erik Karlsson clone and Noah reminds me of P.K Subban. We have our 2nd and Toronto's so theres a possibility that we draft back to back. If we do, I hope we get one of those guys and someone like Centre Alexander Dergachyov (A big bull of a player with a full tool box of skills. Top 10 talent who's overlooked because he's Russian)

Editing my projection slightly, I could see something like:

Jenner - Johansen - Bjorkstrand (I think he's a future #1 RW, especially with 2 strong defensive players)
Foligno - Dubinsky - Wennberg (Same case as Bjorkstrand but as a #2 RW)
Rychel - Dergachyov - Hartnell (Two young, strong Defensive guys with a wily vet like Harty)
Dano - Letestu - Clarkson (Pure grit with offensive punch)
Collins - Chaput (Could include any FA signings or AHLers here. Bench guys who play both C and W)

Murray - Jones* (Murray becomes healthy, Jones becomes dominant)
Johnson - Collins (JJ's natural leadership with a shut down youngster)
Werenski - Savard (Offensive stud Werenski with the franchises favourite #6 D-man)
Larkin (Eventually cracks line up as a #7 guy)
Heatherington - Juulsen (Call ups from Springfield, soon to be regular NHLers)

Bob (Because of course, one of the only few real locks here)
Dansk (Like Schneider in Vancouver. In 3 years he'll be 23ish, ready for NHL seasoning)

*Nashville - Seth Jones + 2017 2nd For James Wisniewski + Sonny Milano (Highly skilled offensively, going to a strong defensive team) + Mike Reilly's Rights (Since people see him not signing here)

Tyutin for picks this TDL, Anisimov for picks next TDL.

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
Only thing that would bother me would be trading Milano, but that's because I'm a big fan of his

Trading for Jones would be sweet

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Murray - Jones* (Murray becomes healthy, Jones becomes dominant)
Johnson - Collins (JJ's natural leadership with a shut down youngster)
Werenski - Savard (Offensive stud Werenski with the franchises favourite #6 D-man)
Larkin (Eventually cracks line up as a #7 guy)
Heatherington - Juulsen (Call ups from Springfield, soon to be regular NHLers)

*Nashville - Seth Jones + 2017 2nd For James Wisniewski + Sonny Milano (Highly skilled offensively, going to a strong defensive team) + Mike Reilly's Rights (Since people see him not signing here)

Tyutin for picks this TDL, Anisimov for picks next TDL.

Yeah that's not even close to Jones' value. When I said the price would be enormous, I meant something a little bigger than Milano +.
Think something like JJ + Milano + Anisimov + pair of 2nd rounders for Jones + Stalberg.

Edit: I haven't done my homework on Seth Jones, but from what I gather, this deal would be worth it from Columbus' perspective.

Tom13Falcons

Aug 16, 2013
Milano Johansen Foligno
Dano Wennberg Rychel
Hartnell Dubinsky Bjorkstrand
Calvert Tynan Anderson

Murray Collins
Heatherington 15'Draft pick
Prout Golo

Bobrovski
Forsberg

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Yeah that's not even close to Jones' value. When I said the price would be enormous, I meant something a little bigger than Milano +.
Think something like JJ + Milano + Anisimov + pair of 2nd rounders for Jones + Stalberg.

Edit: I haven't done my homework on Seth Jones, but from what I gather, this deal would be worth it from Columbus' perspective.

Fair enough. I think JJ + Anisimov + Milano would do it for Jones alone. JJ is a #2-3 LHD, something they'd want, and he'd play well with Ellis. Anisimov is a good #2 guy to have behind Ribiero, their guaranteed #1 Centre with Neal and Forsberg. And Milano as a Top prospect to sweeten it. Stalberg wouldn't be worth more than a 3rd-4th if CBJ really wanted another RW to tryout for the top 6.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Fair enough. I think JJ + Anisimov + Milano would do it for Jones alone. JJ is a #2-3 LHD, something they'd want, and he'd play well with Ellis. Anisimov is a good #2 guy to have behind Ribiero, their guaranteed #1 Centre with Neal and Forsberg. And Milano as a Top prospect to sweeten it. Stalberg wouldn't be worth more than a 3rd-4th if CBJ really wanted another RW to tryout for the top 6.

I think you're way off base but I and I'm guessing almost everyone here would make that trade every day of the week and may add to it a bit.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Stalberg wouldn't be worth more than a 3rd-4th if CBJ really wanted another RW to tryout for the top 6.

Stalberg has negative value because of his contract, he'd just be included so that the deal would be close to salary-neutral, and to further even things out because I don't think JJ + Anisimov + Milano + 2 2nds is quite enough for Jones.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, here is the situation we deal with now.

100% Safe Forwards: Johansen, Dubinsky, Foligno, Atkinson, Clarkson
Unlikely to be moved: Wennberg, Dano, Hartnell, Jenner, Boll
Could go either way: Letestu, Calvert, Tropp, Morin, Anisimov
Gone: Skille

That's alot of forwards. Something has to give.

100% Safe Defenseman: Murray, Savard (according to reports)
Unlikely to be moved:
Could Go Either Way: Johnson, Tyutin, Connauton, Goloubef, Prout
Gone: Leopold, Falk

Flexibility there. But I don't like this group at all outside of Johnson, Murray, Savard, and Tyutin. But the last two you would prefer in your bottom pairing

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Well, here is the situation we deal with now.

100% Safe Forwards: Johansen, Dubinsky, Foligno, Atkinson, Clarkson
Unlikely to be moved: Wennberg, Dano, Hartnell, Jenner, Boll
Could go either way: Letestu, Calvert, Tropp, Morin, Anisimov
Gone: Skille

That's alot of forwards. Something has to give.

100% Safe Defenseman: Murray, Savard (according to reports)
Unlikely to be moved:
Could Go Either Way: Johnson, Tyutin, Connauton, Goloubef, Prout
Gone: Leopold, Falk

Flexibility there. But I don't like this group at all outside of Johnson, Murray, Savard, and Tyutin. But the last two you would prefer in your bottom pairing

I'd say Karlsson is now in the 'Unlikely to be moved' pile. I've watched a lot of Anaheim games this season (I have Andersson on both fantasy teams) and he really stood out. Needs some muscle, but could be a #1, most likely #2 centre in a few years. Could even potentially play wing like Wennberg.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd say Karlsson is now in the 'Unlikely to be moved' pile. I've watched a lot of Anaheim games this season (I have Andersson on both fantasy teams) and he really stood out. Needs some muscle, but could be a #1, most likely #2 centre in a few years. Could even potentially play wing like Wennberg.

I didn't have him listed due to him being in the AHL

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I didn't have him listed due to him being in the AHL

Okay fair enough. I see next season being a step to the side while the young guys develop (Wennberg, Dano, Rychel, Karlsson, Heatherington). If the main guys remain healthy then it should be a playoff season, but that seems like a big 'if' at this point and there just seems to be so much uncertainty with the defence.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Foligno-Joey-Hartnell
???? - Dubi - Cam
????-Jenner-?????
????-Wennberg-?????
?????-Letestu-?????
?????-Karlsson-????
Clarkson

7 D

Bob

Back-up