Prodigy’s HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft Project - Live-Look Thread (currently at pick #12*RESUMING SOON*)

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Minnesota, in a unanimous vote, selects Alexander Holtz!

Winnipeg who has lost a few defenseman in the past two years has Sanderson on the board - will they make him their pick?

Reactions: The Sweetness

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There are still some players I really like still available. Quinn might be a 40 goal scorer. Mercer is an all round guy, but one with some exciting skills, and no weaknesses that I can see. Schneider isn't sexy unless you like some crushing Defense, but I do, and you can bet that GM's do. Know the least about Amirov, but he seems to be similar to Mercer in that he has no weaknesses. Zary and Holloway could end up being solid 2nd liners for 10 years in the league. Gunler could easily jump up the boards if he has a good fall. Has good size in a smallish draft.

And Askarov, of course.

It's a good year to have multiple picks in the top 35-40. Guys like Reichel, Perreault, Peterka, khusnutdinov. Big, fast Dmen who might need 2-3 years to figure things out like Wallinder, Grans, Jurmo, Barron...I mean, who doesn't like big, strong Dmen who can skate?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There is a tonne of diversity in opinion on who to take at 10 on our board. Doesn't seem to be a consensus on anyone, everyone's lists are slightly different.
upload_2020-8-17_10-24-25.png

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Winnipeg with a resounding 50+ vote for Jake Sanderson! next closest competitor had five votes

Nashville is up to the podium and I think everyone is curious who they choose to take here - could they go for goaltending phenom Yaroslav Askarov?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Nashville should be pretty interesting. While I don't quite agree with it, there's a pretty clear top 10 in HF's mind.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A lot of landslide votes but it's still very interesting to follow. I wouldn't have guessed Sabres fans would be so devoted to Lundell, or that Wild fans would go ga-ga for Holtz. Thanks for putting this together Prodigy!

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
A lot of landslide votes but it's still very interesting to follow. I wouldn't have guessed Sabres fans would be so devoted to Lundell, or that Wild fans would go ga-ga for Holtz. Thanks for putting this together Prodigy!
It most certainly has had a few interesting picks, Raymond at 5 one as well

Though after this pick things get interesting - who takes Askarov and the clear top-10 is gone so itll be Jarvis Mercer Holloway types

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not that surprising that FLA is going for a LHD. Suspect Schneider will also be going somewhere in the teens, then some Euros and maybe Barron in the 20's.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
As of now Guhle has all of four votes on the Panthers board, so it's not clear yet, but he leads and that strikes me as a mistake. There are potentially elite wingers on the board in Jarvis, Mercer, Gunler, and Amirov. Yeah the team needs a top 4 LHD but how long is it going to be until Guhle is filling in that hole adequately? Four years? Do they have any idea what their team needs will be in four years? It makes sense to take Guhle IF he is on the same tier as those wingers but in this draft the wingers are the better players.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
A good young top4 D, especially one with size, is worth a 12oa pick. Florida is also dying for D. I don't think it's impossible that Guhle or Schneider will be seeing the ice in 21-22 at some point. I like Mercer a lot.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
As of now Guhle has all of four votes on the Panthers board, so it's not clear yet, but he leads and that strikes me as a mistake. There are potentially elite wingers on the board in Jarvis, Mercer, Gunler, and Amirov. Yeah the team needs a top 4 LHD but how long is it going to be until Guhle is filling in that hole adequately? Four years? Do they have any idea what their team needs will be in four years? It makes sense to take Guhle IF he is on the same tier as those wingers but in this draft the wingers are the better players.

Those wingers are potentially elite? Please. They are good prospects, but so is Guhle. Big smooth skating two-way D that plays solid D and has offensive upside. I don't see the problem here.

I also don't think it will take Guhle 4 years to be a contributor.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
This Panthers poll isn't going too well is it
were having some technical difficulties with me making a thread due to a bullshit infraction

im working on getting it fixed so I can move on to Carolina - I believe, from checking last night, Braden Schneider won their vote but ill triple check later

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
were having some technical difficulties with me making a thread due to a bullshit infraction

im working on getting it fixed so I can move on to Carolina - I believe, from checking last night, Braden Schneider won their vote but ill triple check later

I was referring more to the fact that the poll is very close and Schneider is only ahead by 2 votes, and I don't know if all those votes are even from FLA fans. Hopefully they are and we can move on though :)

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I was referring more to the fact that the poll is very close and Schneider is only ahead by 2 votes, and I don't know if all those votes are even from FLA fans. Hopefully they are and we can move on though :)
ive spoken to a mod from their board and also a few posters have named who arent FLA fans who voted, so from those numbers I believe Schneider is ahead by 2-3 votes over other FLA voted players

Again I can double and triple check in the next 24 hours though I may have to wait a while before I can continue with the Carolina pick :/

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Could you add the voting percentage next to each selected player?
Sure I can do that, Ive cancelled each poll when they finish so I have those results logged on each teams board.

Ill get to that sometime tomorrow or the day after - ill also add the total votes for each pick

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I'm really not proud of my fellow Hab fans who voted in the Panthers poll. Just why?
Its a silly thing to do but Im not going to et mad at anyone over it

I specifically stated for only fans of each team vote so it is disappointing - however maybe some of these people are dual fans? A lot of people like multiple teams. Maybe they just wanted to share their opinion about a team they like?

I could get why they do it but its for sure annoying

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad