Problem with the powerplay

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
The powerplay is missing that shot from the right circle side like when Kovalev & Cammalleri was here.

They have Plekanec playing that role right now but nobody respect his shots and that's why all the teams manage to get Subban out of the play.

I think that Rene Bourque has that shot and should probably be that guy or Daniel Brière if he comes back

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
desharnais and bouillon.

pk should be out there for the full 2 minutes

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
we have 3 PP wave, 1 of them is atrocious (the DD one), one of them is meh (the one with Gionta) and one of them is good (EGG)

add Bouillon and Diaz on the ice on every PP, and there you go

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
we have 3 PP wave, 1 of them is atrocious (the DD one), one of them is meh (the one with Gionta) and one of them is good (EGG)

The meh unit is not that bad.. since Gio has 1G,3A and Pleks has 3G, 2A while our EGG line, only Gallagher (2G-0A) scored on the PP so far, Galchy (0G-3A) and Eller (0G,1A).

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

Man some ppl just hate (Gionta) for no reason, and go as far as to just make up ****.

Gionta and Plekanec have the most pp points, more both Gally's and Eller, and even get less ice time per game than those guys yet they are the "meh ones....

Gionta alone has 4 pp points, while the egg line was 6 all together....With Gionta getting less ice time per game than all of them

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The meh unit is not that bad.. since Gio has 1G,3A and Pleks has 3G, 2A while our EGG line, only Gallagher (2G-0A) scored on the PP so far, Galchy (0G-3A) and Eller (0G,1A).

alright then we have 2 "good" wave if you prefer, that leaves 1 PP unit that doesn't fit

Man some ppl just hate (Gionta) for no reason, and go as far as to just make up ****.

Gionta and Plekanec have the most pp points, more both Gally's and Eller, and even get less ice time per game than those guys yet they are the "meh ones....

IDK, I felt like they were kinda meh lately, maybe i'm wrong and yes i'm biased because of Gionta

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

EGG line hasn't done **** on the powerplay recently. Galchenyuk never wins any board battles and is way too weak on the puck.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Did Bournival not score his first goal on an exact style of play you are referring to? Do you think he could be a solution? Not sure if his shot is good enough, but he seems to be smart enough to put himself in good position to be able to get the chances.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
PP is more of a vet thing. Rarely do younger guys have the patience and timing of the set plays down as well.

It's always rushed and forced with the EGG line while Pleks-Gionta are so much smoother and patient.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Did Bournival not score his first goal on an exact style of play you are referring to? Do you think he could be a solution? Not sure if his shot is good enough, but he seems to be smart enough to put himself in good position to be able to get the chances.

I like Bournival as the shooter, definitely. Unfortunately both Eller and Galchenyuk much prefer passing then shooting. I find Bourque is too slow to get his shot off. You need a guy with not only a good shot but a quick release in that spot. Ryder was good at it. It's a question of not only skill but confidence as well. You want a guy who 's not worried about getting his shot blocked. I feel like Bournival could be that guy.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
They rely way too much on that point shot, whether it's Subban's blast, Markov's laser pass to the opposite face-off circle or Diaz's lobby wrister. It's become a little predictable. The wingers need to be more consistent when setting up down low.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Uncoordinated garbage is what see. Forwards are just doing whatever out there. Practically no coherent strategy, or in case of DD, it doesn't matter because he'll lose a puck battle and give the PKer an easy clear.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
They rely way too much on that point shot, whether it's Subban's blast, Markov's laser pass to the opposite face-off circle or Diaz's lobby wrister. It's become a little predictable. The wingers need to be more consistent when setting up down low.

exactly what i was gonna say. having pacioretty work behind the net gives the pk'er something else to worry about. dd used to give another passing option but lately i've heard he's been a little 'meh'. not sure though, is there a thread about this somewhere?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Hopefully it will be better with Pacioretty getting back, plus Therrien should just stop with DD on the PP.

Alternate between the EGG line and Bournival-Pleks-Gionta

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
it appears that we do not have any set plays for forwards. PK's one timer and AM going to the net on the left side is our only hope.

Setting up the play, Jarome, setting up the play. But setting up the play, setting up the play. Setting up the play. Setting up the play.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1- Need some big guys able to stand in front of the net
2- Bouillon on the PP is beyond ridiculous
3- DD can't shoot, can't screen.....not on the PP please.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
EGG line is the least efficient on the PP when they have Bouillon and Diaz at the points. Bouillon is just horrid on the pp, Diaz I like back there but my goodness when Emelin gets back I better not see Bouillon on the 2nd wave.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Uncoordinated garbage is what see. Forwards are just doing whatever out there. Practically no coherent strategy, or in case of DD, it doesn't matter because he'll lose a puck battle and give the PKer an easy clear.

Honestly DD has won more puck battles than Galchenyuk has made passes on the PP.

The EGG line seems like they have no idea what they are doing on the PP and their board work is horrible.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
alright then we have 2 "good" wave if you prefer, that leaves 1 PP unit that doesn't fit

IDK, I felt like they were kinda meh lately, maybe i'm wrong and yes i'm biased because of Gionta

Yes, you are wrong and it is about your bias.

With that said, I agree that the DD line should not ever be on a PP.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
The problem with the PP is ...too many turn overs by the forwards. Plekanec had 4 or 5 the last two games. Galchenyuk made some bad plays (but i love the kid) DD moves the puck well on the PP. Gally is a beast. IMO the forwards are to blame they are not setting up properly.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
When Briere is back I want to see him on the left side, he's crafty. Briere-Pleks-Gio/Gallagher and Pacioretty-DD-Eller/Bourque is something I'd like to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad