Pro Tank Thread "You said that we'd be better now, better now. But you always let us down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Any one of Kakko, Hughes, Cozens and Byram is fine with me. With Pettersson developing into a center , I actually think Kakko is the best fit. We lack top 6 wingers outside of Boeser and Baertchi... If Kakko can turn into Rantanen type player it would be sick. That and Kakko has size and strength upfront which is something we lack

I'm not sure Baertschi is someone we can build around long-term in our top 6 anyway. My preference is Hughes. He's a special player who's going to be a top liner in the league for a long time, but if we miss out on Hughes there are some great alternatives available.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I'm not sure Baertschi is someone we can build around long-term in our top 6 anyway. My preference is Hughes. He's a special player who's going to be a top liner in the league for a long time, but if we miss out on Hughes there are some great alternatives available.

Yeah that's why I put the ... At the end. Our top winger depth is atrocious . If we draft Hughes he might play wing at the NHL level and be utilized like Kane due to his size.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Next year's powerplay might have a drastically different look.

2019 #1st rounder - Horvat - Pettersson

Boeser - Hughes

No more f***ing drop passes by Edler please

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I know you have a plan here, but thats blasphemy

I honestly hate the Benning regime more than I hate any other NHL team. Boston hurt us for one year (well, there is a lasting negative feeling from that, but I digress). Benning's negative impact on the team will last longer than a decade.

Reactions: Jack Burton

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I hope we get stomped, with our younger guys looking alright. I want our vets, like Gudbranson, Sutter, Eriksson, and all other Benning acquisitions to **** the bed.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I hope we get stomped, with our younger guys looking alright. I want our vets, like Gudbranson, Sutter, Eriksson, and all other Benning acquisitions to **** the bed.

Erm, aren't the "younger guys" also Benning acquisitions?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Fun fact! Posts on internet message boards possess what are called "timestamps."

fad54ed51d058b9c736b54fb8b2c0476.png

Kindly make note of these "timestamps" before mindlessly flaming other users for seemingly not being up-to-date on information. Thank you.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Bahahaha, suck on that Boston.

Again, our AHL squad embarrassing these so-called elite teams.

I mean yeah it's not good for the tank but hey, can't lose them all.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
Big loss game coming up. Go Bruins! Unleash Marchand, Unleash Bergeron, Unleash Krejci!

Oh Pastor Nick, we pray to thee to score 3 goals tonight and get the win for the B's.

arent you getting tired of being wrong....

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Bahahaha, suck on that Boston.

Again, our AHL squad embarrassing these so-called elite teams.

I mean yeah it's not good for the tank but hey, can't lose them all.
Cherry picking here but this is not an AHL squad, there are a couple players who belong in AHL, but this is simply not an ahl squad

Detroit is the real AHL team

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
arent you getting tired of being wrong....

Meh, it's annoying but the Canucks do this every year. They post solid Octobers and then everything collapses when the good teams get going. The LA Kings are the 3rd worst team in the NHL right now, that isn't going to last. Washington is ranked 19th. That isn't going to last. Montreal is ranked 6th, that isn't going to last. Ottawa is holding a playoff spot, that isn't going to last. I'd like to see the Canucks victimized every night but that hasn't happened. The analytics suggest they're the worst team in the league so I'm not worried. Small sample size so far, anything can happen. Over the long-term I'll be proven right, just like I have every year. So I'm not wrong, people who think this is a playoff team every year because of a hot start have been wrong every year.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Meh, it's annoying but the Canucks do this every year. They post solid Octobers and then everything collapses when the good teams get going. The LA Kings are the 3rd worst team in the NHL right now, that isn't going to last. Washington is ranked 19th. That isn't going to last. Montreal is ranked 6th, that isn't going to last. Ottawa is holding a playoff spot, that isn't going to last. I'd like to see the Canucks victimized every night but that hasn't happened. The analytics suggest they're the worst team in the league so I'm not worried. Small sample size so far, anything can happen. Over the long-term I'll be proven right, just like I have every year. So I'm not wrong, people who think this is a playoff team every year because of a hot start have been wrong every year.

You with your evil book learnings. Dontcha put that evil on us boy!

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009

It feels like we work just hard enough to catch teams off guard. Most teams are probably playing down to our level and with our goalies playing well we've been able to squeak out some wins against teams that should roll us. Seriously we have zero business beating the Tampa's, Winnipegs, and Pittsburghs of the NHL. Our D is still horrible and once our goalies cool down teams will start to score more. November should be a very 'back to business' month for the tank.
The one fear I have is that this hot start has the owner thinking we are a playoff contending team and even if Benning is fired he'll just hire the first GM who says we are a playoff team we just underachieved rather than one who can properly guide a rebuild for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad